Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 366

Thread: Are the Trump tax only for the rich?

  1. #331
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    82,145

    Re: Are the Trump tax only for the rich?

    Quote Originally Posted by MauiMan View Post
    I agree. I feel like I’m trying to convince blathering idiots. It’s shocking how little people actually know, or are willing to even research with a simple Internet search!
    Most people get it, when will you, Medicare and SS are trust fund items paid for by FICA, payroll taxes. Obama cut payroll taxes which cut the funding for SS and Medicare. Presidents and Congresses borrowed from SS and Medicare using those funds for other budget items other than SS and Medicare leaving the fund with Federal IOU's that have to be funded. Trust funds that are solvent and are pay as you go don't run out of money unless borrowed or stolen. Keep buying the leftwing spin and keep ignoring reality.

    What exactly are you trying to convince me of because you haven't provided anything other than words, no verification of your claims

  2. #332
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    82,145

    Re: Are the Trump tax only for the rich?

    Quote Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
    The item of reducing the cost of Medicare, is more complicated than your sound-bite and detailed here. It's also worthy to note that the Republican plan reduced the cost of Medicare by exactly the same amount.

    You also misunderstand the term "entitlement." They are not only programs that have their own dedicated funding source. They are also programs which one must meet eligibility requirements, such as low income. Thus, CHIP and SNAP are every bit an entitlement as Medicare.
    CHIP and SNAP should be state programs but you want the federal gov't to fund all these programs. Allowing tax deductions at the federal level give the states and local communities more of an option to fund these programs through higher state and local taxes supported by the communities. Federal bureaucrats are not capable of running state and local programs efficiently thus just spend in the name of compassion

  3. #333
    Sage



    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,992

    Re: Are the Trump tax only for the rich?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    CHIP and SNAP should be state programs but you want the federal gov't to fund all these programs. Allowing tax deductions at the federal level give the states and local communities more of an option to fund these programs through higher state and local taxes supported by the communities. Federal bureaucrats are not capable of running state and local programs efficiently thus just spend in the name of compassion
    Whether those programs should or shouldn't be federal is a topic left for a different day. The argument for them being federal is precisely due to the fact that the states that need these programs most don't have the resources to provide these programs.

    The reason conservatives argue to bump these programs down to the lower level is because they don't really want these programs at all. Thus, bumping them from federal to state, morphs to bumping them down from state to county, which then morphs to why doesn't your family provide for itself?
    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it." --J.S. Mill

  4. #334
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    82,145

    Re: Are the Trump tax only for the rich?

    Quote Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
    Whether those programs should or shouldn't be federal is a topic left for a different day. The argument for them being federal is precisely due to the fact that the states that need these programs most don't have the resources to provide these programs.

    The reason conservatives argue to bump these programs down to the lower level is because they don't really want these programs at all. Thus, bumping them from federal to state, morphs to bumping them down from state to county, which then morphs to why doesn't your family provide for itself?
    So you claim but the real issue is most aren't required to have these programs and maybe with lower federal taxes they can get more money out of the citizens of the states to fund these programs or maybe a more novel idea would be to let charities do it. You seem to ignore individual responsibilities as the citizens of the states can make decisions on what programs to implement and people make a decision every day whether or not to move into a high taxed liberal state with all those social programs you deem necessary.

    Life is about making choices and accepting personal responsibility. there are consequences good and bad for those choices but not in the liberal world. Your idea of a massive central govt. has created a 22 trillion dollar debt and still you want to give those bureaucrats more money with no assurance that the debt won't grow or continue to grow. Throwing money at the problem all in the name of compassion is what you support but the only compassion received is by the bureaucrats who implement the program. Creating dependence and buying votes is what they bureaucrats do

    Why is it so hard for you to understand that states have term limits and the people of the states have the authority to force their legislatures to implement them. My family has always taught me personal responsibility and to take ownership of the consequences I create for myself. Seems a lost art with you and the left. Still waiting for why approximately 50% of income earners in this country not paying ANY Federal Income Taxes isn't of concern to you?

  5. #335
    Educator MauiMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Washington, Minnesota, Hawaii
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    727

    Re: Are the Trump tax only for the rich?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You made the claim, prove it by posting the link and the statement that supports your claim
    Here it is:

    https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-conten...get-fy2020.pdf

    See p. 117-118
    “Donald Trump was the dumbest goddam student I ever had.” — Professor William T. Kelley, Wharton School of Business. (Emphasis is Dr. Kelley’s)

  6. #336
    Educator MauiMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Washington, Minnesota, Hawaii
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    727

    Re: Are the Trump tax only for the rich?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Most people get it, when will you, Medicare and SS are trust fund items paid for by FICA, payroll taxes. Obama cut payroll taxes which cut the funding for SS and Medicare. Presidents and Congresses borrowed from SS and Medicare using those funds for other budget items other than SS and Medicare leaving the fund with Federal IOU's that have to be funded. Trust funds that are solvent and are pay as you go don't run out of money unless borrowed or stolen. Keep buying the leftwing spin and keep ignoring reality.

    What exactly are you trying to convince me of because you haven't provided anything other than words, no verification of your claims
    You just made a claim, prove it by posting the link and the statement that supports your claim
    “Donald Trump was the dumbest goddam student I ever had.” — Professor William T. Kelley, Wharton School of Business. (Emphasis is Dr. Kelley’s)

  7. #337
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    82,145

    Re: Are the Trump tax only for the rich?

    Quote Originally Posted by MauiMan View Post
    I see those as a reduction in costs not a reduction in benefits. Do you realize what the purpose was of Medicare? Was Medicaid in the initial program or was this just like all federal programs get one started and expand their scope?

  8. #338
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    82,145

    Re: Are the Trump tax only for the rich?

    Quote Originally Posted by MauiMan View Post
    You just made a claim, prove it by posting the link and the statement that supports your claim
    Support what clam that Obama cut payroll taxes?

    President Obama Signs the Payroll Tax Cut | whitehouse.gov

    Social Security Trust Fund - Wikipedia

  9. #339
    Educator MauiMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Washington, Minnesota, Hawaii
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    727

    Re: Are the Trump tax only for the rich?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I see those as a reduction in costs not a reduction in benefits. Do you realize what the purpose was of Medicare? Was Medicaid in the initial program or was this just like all federal programs get one started and expand their scope?
    If there is a reduction in cost, is there not a reduction in something? How do you know it’s not a reduction in benefit?

    I’m not sure why you’re asking me what the purpose of Medicare “was”. Medicare is a national health insurance program in the United States. Please explain.

    Medicaid is a separate program for people with limited income and resources. Are you conflating the two? What is your argument?
    “Donald Trump was the dumbest goddam student I ever had.” — Professor William T. Kelley, Wharton School of Business. (Emphasis is Dr. Kelley’s)

  10. #340
    Educator MauiMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Washington, Minnesota, Hawaii
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    727

    Re: Are the Trump tax only for the rich?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    From the whitehouse link: “Summary: The Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2012 will extend the payroll tax cut and emergency jobless benefits through the end of the year.” — How does this support your claim? Please explain.

    I’m reading the Wikipedia article and will get back to you later.
    “Donald Trump was the dumbest goddam student I ever had.” — Professor William T. Kelley, Wharton School of Business. (Emphasis is Dr. Kelley’s)

Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •