Page 156 of 156 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156
Results 1,551 to 1,556 of 1556

Thread: [W:1422] Federal Deficit Soars

  1. #1551
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    77,548

    Re: [W:1422] Federal Deficit Soars

    Quote Originally Posted by Lafayette View Post
    Right, it's all Obama's fault:
    *Because he wasn't handed as a gift from the departing Replicant PotUS an unemployment rate scampering up to 10% in 2008. See that here.
    *Then he and a Democrat Congress passed ARRA - a spending bill that spiked the unemployment rate 10% from which it made a quick descent.
    *But not quick enough so a year later, Obama asked for more spending.
    *But nope, the Replicants had taken control of the HofR, because the 47% of American who went to the mid-terms thought that Obama wasn't quick-enough in bringing down the unemployment-rate. (Yes! Dumber than that is difficult to get, and we are not taught sufficiently well the history of the Great Recession that lasted a decade through the 1930s!)
    *So, without the spending that HofR Replicants REFUSED TO GIVE OBAMA, the Unemployment Rate took its own sweet time to lower. It looked like this (from here):

    *The evidently thought that with a high-rate, they'd dump him in 2012 by electing a Replicant PotUS. But, it didn't happen that way did it.
    *So, without additional spending that the Replicants continually refused, the Unemployment-to-population Stagnated for FOUR EFFING-LONG YEARS and looked like this:
    Attachment 67242179
    *Yes! Replicant calcitrations froze the Ratio at 58.5% for FOUR L_O_N_N_N_G years when no new jobs were created!
    *THAT is how the Replicants thanked Americans for winning the 2010 midterm elections!
    *Finally, all by itself and without any Stimulus Spending Americans finally got sick-'n-tired of not spending and started spending again in 2014
    Right and basic civics is ignored as Bush had a Democratic Congress from January 2007 to January 2009, a Congress that Obama inherited and had his stimulus passed almost day one, 842 billion that saw employment go from 146 million in January 2008, when the recession started, to 142 million when he took office to 139 million two years later 2011. That is a success as you blame Bush for the failed stimulus, for a budget that he didn't even get approved, and four straight years of trillion dollar deficits.

    Americans go sick and tired of the Obama lies, gave the House to the Republicans in 2010 and the Congress to the Republicans in 2014, Please take an American civics class so you stop looking and sounding foolish.

    Positive trends that didn't get the U-6 employment rate back to pre recession levels 9 years later and at a cost of 9.3 trillion to the debt isn't strong or positive economic policy

  2. #1552
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    France
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,618

    Re: [W:1422] Federal Deficit Soars

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Right and basic civics is ignored as Bush had a Democratic Congress from January 2007 to January 2009, a Congress that Obama inherited and had his stimulus passed almost day one, 842 billion that saw employment go from 146 million in January 2008, when the recession started, to 142 million when he took office to 139 million two years later 2011. That is a success as you blame Bush for the failed stimulus, for a budget that he didn't even get approved, and four straight years of trillion dollar deficits.
    Cheap shot.

    There was something going on during that period that you fail to mention. It was called a Great Recession.

    Now, by what Replicant magic are we to expect employment NOT TO DIMINISH in a Great Recession ... ?
    Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them; then neither persons nor property will be safe. (Frederick Douglass)

  3. #1553
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    77,548

    Re: [W:1422] Federal Deficit Soars

    Quote Originally Posted by Lafayette View Post
    Cheap shot.

    There was something going on during that period that you fail to mention. It was called a Great Recession.

    Now, by what Replicant magic are we to expect employment NOT TO DIMINISH in a Great Recession ... ?
    It was called a Great Recession as a marketing term by the left to get people to support the Democratic Party which they did. Congress was under Democratic Control when the recession began and remained in control of the Senate until 2014. Your poor memory or selective memory shows that French should not interfere with U.S. Politics because you aren't very good at it

  4. #1554
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    France
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,618

    Re: [W:1422] Federal Deficit Soars

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It was called a Great Recession as a marketing term by the left to get people to support the Democratic Party which they did. Congress was under Democratic Control when the recession began and remained in control of the Senate until 2014. Your poor memory or selective memory shows that French should not interfere with U.S. Politics because you aren't very good at it
    Bollocks & twaddle. Twaddle & bollocks.

    The Great Recession was a recession because Demand fell off a cliff and people lost their jobs!

    That's EC101!

    Useless discourse with you - waste of bandwidth ...
    Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them; then neither persons nor property will be safe. (Frederick Douglass)

  5. #1555
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    77,548

    Re: [W:1422] Federal Deficit Soars

    Quote Originally Posted by Lafayette View Post
    Bollocks & twaddle. Twaddle & bollocks.

    The Great Recession was a recession because Demand fell off a cliff and people lost their jobs!

    That's EC101!

    Useless discourse with you - waste of bandwidth ...

    And of course in other recessions no one ever lost their job and demand never fell off the cliff, stunning liberal revisionist history, 81-82 was a much worse recession for the American people, this recession was one that hurt you and other foreign governments a lot worse because austerity destroys your economy as too much dependence on govt. spending. look up the term misery index and see what you come up with then compare the two recessions?

    Yes, it is useless to have a discourse with an American on an American education and basic civics, economics, accounting, and history.

  6. #1556
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    lincoln park
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,081

    Re: [W:1422] Federal Deficit Soars

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And of course in other recessions no one ever lost their job and demand never fell off the cliff
    Who claimed other recessions weren't accompanied with job losses and demand shortfalls? NOBODY!!! This is just another useless strawman conjured from your safe place. However, the level and magnitude of job losses from 2008 - 2010 had not been felt since the 1930's. This is simply a matter of fact.

    81-82 was a much worse recession for the American people
    Complete and utter nonsense. The 1981-1982 recession was manufactured from the Fed via the unprecedented increase of short term interest rates... it was a supply shock, not a demand driven downturn. It's been explained to you on multiple occasions, and still you refuse to acknowledge reality. And we know why... you are a liar and a complete partisan hack.

    look up the term misery index and see what you come up with then compare the two recessions?
    The average misery index during the Great Depression wasn't as high as the average misery index throughout the 1970's and 1980's. It doesn't tell us anything regarding economic severity.

    Yes, it is useless to have a discourse with an American on an American education and basic civics, economics, accounting, and history.
    While it is pointless to try to educate a person willfully invested in partisan hackery, your dishonesty shall not go unchecked.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •