Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
Results 291 to 297 of 297

Thread: The End of the Federal Tax Subsidy for Blue States

  1. #291
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,954
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The End of the Federal Tax Subsidy for Blue States

    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    In other words.. you want people to pay more to the federal government rather than let people support their state financially.

    More to the federal government.. less to the states.

    Change your lean.
    The federal government is not taking in enough revenue to meet its obligations. We can't have wealthy citizens ducking their duty. The last time states tried to turn their backs on the federal government it did not end well for those states.

    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  2. #292
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:47 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    19,433

    Re: The End of the Federal Tax Subsidy for Blue States

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yep, and state taxes fund state programs and you want those state programs now deducted from the federal tax liabilities, got it, how liberal of you

    ?
    Wrong.. those state programs are NOT deducted from federal tax liabilities. The taxes that people pay to the state are. Which makes sense.. since they are paying for their own state. Letting people and their state keep more of the money they earned.

    YOU want the federal government to take more of the peoples money rather than have the people and the state keep more of their own money. THATS how liberal of YOU.

    The point always has been your state shouldn't be paying for federal mandates per the Contract with America and the Federal Taxpayers shouldn't be funding your state initiatives.
    Yes I did. Its the same tax code. but okay.. how about we stop this right now. You go ahead and tell us all how the federal tax code is different whether you live in a red state or a blue state. Please explain to us all how its different.

    I say there is no difference.. and you keep claiming that there is.. so you go ahead and explain how now that I live in a red state.. the federal tax code applies to me differently than when I lived in a blue state. Go ahead.

    Oh wait.. you CAN"T.. because its still the same code.

    That is your opinion not proven by the link I keep posting and you keep ignoring. Federal tax dollars sent to the states fund federal mandates and expenses in the states.

    Your lack of understanding seems to know no bounds. Fine.. you don't think states should have to pay for federal mandates..

    GREAT.. but this DOES NOT REDUCE WHAT THE STATE IS PAYING FOR FEDERAL MANDATES.

    Right now.. blue states are paying for themselves including all those federal mandates. AND having to send money to the federal government to help red states meet their obligations.

    What you like.. is that now.. blue states will STILL HAVE FEDERAL MANDATES THAT THEY HAVE TO PAY FOR... but in addition.. they will have to GIVE MORE MONEY TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

    So basically you support taking the money away from the wealthier blue states.. and sending it to the federal government.!!! How can you claim you are a conservative?!?!!?

    No, you didn't and you haven't answered what Federal taxes are paid by Blue states and aren't paid for by Red States? Same tax code, again learn your taxes and their purpose.
    As I said.. its the same tax code.. but you go ahead and explain to us all how the federal tax code differs whether you live in a blue state vs a red state.

    That is your opinion not proven by the link I keep posting and you keep ignoring. Federal tax dollars sent to the states fund federal mandates and expenses in the states
    Yeah its a fact. Okay. "federal taxes sent to the states fund federal mandates and expenses in the state"..

    Sure.. yep.. WELL GUESS? BOTH BLUE STATES AND RED STATES ARE UNDER THOSE FEDERAL MANDATES..

    However.. the big difference is that in the end.. BLUE STATES SEND MORE MONEY TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT THAN THEY GET BACK!!!!.

    Again what financial obligations are the states not meeting to get federal funds? SPECIFICS
    Any number of them.

    Tell me.. why are these red states not net tax payers? Why do they receive MORE from the federal government than they pay?

    At the end of the day.. that's the facts. So however you twist it.. it doesn't matter.. at the end of the day.. either the red states.. that receive more in funds than they pay into the federal government.. are not meeting their obligations within state.. OR they are not meeting their obligations when it comes to things like paying for defense, etc.

    The red states that receive more in federal dollars than they send in... are being subsidized by the states that send in more to the federal government than they get.
    So we should put you down as supporting putting GPS trackers in everyone to "save lives"?
    Vegas Giants: "Sounds fantastic!"

  3. #293
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,954
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The End of the Federal Tax Subsidy for Blue States

    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    Wrong.. those state programs are NOT deducted from federal tax liabilities. The taxes that people pay to the state are. Which makes sense.. since they are paying for their own state. Letting people and their state keep more of the money they earned.

    YOU want the federal government to take more of the peoples money rather than have the people and the state keep more of their own money. THATS how liberal of YOU.



    Yes I did. Its the same tax code. but okay.. how about we stop this right now. You go ahead and tell us all how the federal tax code is different whether you live in a red state or a blue state. Please explain to us all how its different.

    I say there is no difference.. and you keep claiming that there is.. so you go ahead and explain how now that I live in a red state.. the federal tax code applies to me differently than when I lived in a blue state. Go ahead.

    Oh wait.. you CAN"T.. because its still the same code.

    That is your opinion not proven by the link I keep posting and you keep ignoring. Federal tax dollars sent to the states fund federal mandates and expenses in the states.

    Your lack of understanding seems to know no bounds. Fine.. you don't think states should have to pay for federal mandates..

    GREAT.. but this DOES NOT REDUCE WHAT THE STATE IS PAYING FOR FEDERAL MANDATES.

    Right now.. blue states are paying for themselves including all those federal mandates. AND having to send money to the federal government to help red states meet their obligations.

    What you like.. is that now.. blue states will STILL HAVE FEDERAL MANDATES THAT THEY HAVE TO PAY FOR... but in addition.. they will have to GIVE MORE MONEY TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

    So basically you support taking the money away from the wealthier blue states.. and sending it to the federal government.!!! How can you claim you are a conservative?!?!!?



    As I said.. its the same tax code.. but you go ahead and explain to us all how the federal tax code differs whether you live in a blue state vs a red state.



    Yeah its a fact. Okay. "federal taxes sent to the states fund federal mandates and expenses in the state"..

    Sure.. yep.. WELL GUESS? BOTH BLUE STATES AND RED STATES ARE UNDER THOSE FEDERAL MANDATES..

    However.. the big difference is that in the end.. BLUE STATES SEND MORE MONEY TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT THAN THEY GET BACK!!!!.



    Any number of them.

    Tell me.. why are these red states not net tax payers? Why do they receive MORE from the federal government than they pay?

    At the end of the day.. that's the facts. So however you twist it.. it doesn't matter.. at the end of the day.. either the red states.. that receive more in funds than they pay into the federal government.. are not meeting their obligations within state.. OR they are not meeting their obligations when it comes to things like paying for defense, etc.

    The red states that receive more in federal dollars than they send in... are being subsidized by the states that send in more to the federal government than they get.
    False in a simple way. The additional federal funds received by red states are not to compensate for red state funding shortfalls, but to pay higher federal obligations in red states. If the federal funds disappeared, the payments would simply not be made.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  4. #294
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:47 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    19,433

    Re: The End of the Federal Tax Subsidy for Blue States

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    The federal government is not taking in enough revenue to meet its obligations. We can't have wealthy citizens ducking their duty. The last time states tried to turn their backs on the federal government it did not end well for those states.

    Well lets start there.. the federal government is not taking enough in to meet its obligations because some states are net recipients of the federal government not net tax payers.

    Turn their back on the federal government?... the blue states are the ones that for the most part are FINANCING THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT!.

    You know what you sound like? You sound like a welfare recipient I know that thinks I need to work harder.. so he doesn't have to. Meanwhile he reaps the benefits of MY hard work!!.
    So we should put you down as supporting putting GPS trackers in everyone to "save lives"?
    Vegas Giants: "Sounds fantastic!"

  5. #295
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,954
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The End of the Federal Tax Subsidy for Blue States

    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    Well lets start there.. the federal government is not taking enough in to meet its obligations because some states are net recipients of the federal government not net tax payers.

    Turn their back on the federal government?... the blue states are the ones that for the most part are FINANCING THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT!.

    You know what you sound like? You sound like a welfare recipient I know that thinks I need to work harder.. so he doesn't have to. Meanwhile he reaps the benefits of MY hard work!!.
    And you sound like a shirker without much sense of duty.
    Citizens pay taxes, not states. And we, as citizens, are not paying enough to pay for the government we say we want. A good place to start addressing that is to take away the subsidy by which wealthy blue-staters are able to dodge their fair share of federal taxes.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  6. #296
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    71,917

    Re: The End of the Federal Tax Subsidy for Blue States

    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    In other words.. you want people to pay more to the federal government rather than let people support their state financially.

    More to the federal government.. less to the states.

    Change your lean.
    You seem to again be playing stupid ass games, it has nothing to do with funding the federal govt. it has everything to do with the federal taxpayers funding your state operations. Now stop acting stupid because I know you aren't

  7. #297
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    71,917

    Re: The End of the Federal Tax Subsidy for Blue States

    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    Wrong.. those state programs are NOT deducted from federal tax liabilities. The taxes that people pay to the state are. Which makes sense.. since they are paying for their own state. Letting people and their state keep more of the money they earned.

    YOU want the federal government to take more of the peoples money rather than have the people and the state keep more of their own money. THATS how liberal of YOU.



    Yes I did. Its the same tax code. but okay.. how about we stop this right now. You go ahead and tell us all how the federal tax code is different whether you live in a red state or a blue state. Please explain to us all how its different.

    I say there is no difference.. and you keep claiming that there is.. so you go ahead and explain how now that I live in a red state.. the federal tax code applies to me differently than when I lived in a blue state. Go ahead.

    Oh wait.. you CAN"T.. because its still the same code.

    That is your opinion not proven by the link I keep posting and you keep ignoring. Federal tax dollars sent to the states fund federal mandates and expenses in the states.

    Your lack of understanding seems to know no bounds. Fine.. you don't think states should have to pay for federal mandates..

    GREAT.. but this DOES NOT REDUCE WHAT THE STATE IS PAYING FOR FEDERAL MANDATES.

    Right now.. blue states are paying for themselves including all those federal mandates. AND having to send money to the federal government to help red states meet their obligations.

    What you like.. is that now.. blue states will STILL HAVE FEDERAL MANDATES THAT THEY HAVE TO PAY FOR... but in addition.. they will have to GIVE MORE MONEY TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

    So basically you support taking the money away from the wealthier blue states.. and sending it to the federal government.!!! How can you claim you are a conservative?!?!!?



    As I said.. its the same tax code.. but you go ahead and explain to us all how the federal tax code differs whether you live in a blue state vs a red state.



    Yeah its a fact. Okay. "federal taxes sent to the states fund federal mandates and expenses in the state"..

    Sure.. yep.. WELL GUESS? BOTH BLUE STATES AND RED STATES ARE UNDER THOSE FEDERAL MANDATES..

    However.. the big difference is that in the end.. BLUE STATES SEND MORE MONEY TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT THAN THEY GET BACK!!!!.



    Any number of them.

    Tell me.. why are these red states not net tax payers? Why do they receive MORE from the federal government than they pay?

    At the end of the day.. that's the facts. So however you twist it.. it doesn't matter.. at the end of the day.. either the red states.. that receive more in funds than they pay into the federal government.. are not meeting their obligations within state.. OR they are not meeting their obligations when it comes to things like paying for defense, etc.

    The red states that receive more in federal dollars than they send in... are being subsidized by the states that send in more to the federal government than they get.
    Stop with the bull****, the federal govt. has no business paying for your state and local expenses which is what deductions support.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •