Page 75 of 80 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 797

Thread: Deficit at Highest Level in 6 Years

  1. #741
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    75,990

    Re: Deficit at Highest Level in 6 Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    No, i argue that it's part of Reagan's economic policy. Stimulus can come in the form of increasing deficits, lowering interest rates, etc....



    I can even illustrate the level and duration of the decline in federal revenue in both nominal and real terms:



    Do you remember the inflation rates during this time?
    Sure do, part of the 20 Misery index Reagan INHERITED and cut more than half before he left office compared to the low misery index Obama inherited. Interesting how you ignore history, promote failure. Obama and Bush are out of office and gone. Trump is President or didn't you get the news? and the Trump results are there for all to see


    Employment +3 million over Obama's January 2017 numbers

    U-6 rate 1.2% less than Obama's January 2017 number

    GDP Growth more than double the 1.2% Obama left Trump

    with 155 million employed 1 million more are employed full time vs. what Obama left Trump

    Red line in sand enforced by Trump

    All in a little over one year, 155 million employed vs. 152 million inherited or 3 million jobs created compared to Obama's 146 million to 152 million or 6 million in 8 years? Yep, another true liberal success story with Obama, the new Jimmy Carter of this century

  2. #742
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    lincoln park
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,976

    Re: Deficit at Highest Level in 6 Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Nor did Bush create the financial crisis all by himself and had help from the Democratic Controlled Congress as well as Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Franklin Raines, and Jaime Gorelick. Reality doesn't truly exist in your world as it is always someone else's fault for even your own personal failures and in this case ignorance of history
    Can you focus? We are not discussing who is to blame for the financial crisis... there are many other threads for that. I was explaining to you why the part-time for economic reasons angle is absolutely ridiculous through most simple data analysis.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  3. #743
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    lincoln park
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,976

    Re: Deficit at Highest Level in 6 Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Sure do, part of the 20 Misery index Reagan INHERITED and cut more than half before he left office compared to the low misery index Obama inherited.
    Arther Okun was able to establish there was an inverse relationship between unemployment and output.

    However, research shows people will accept more inflation if it means their wages follow suit.

    The rest of your post isn't worth going over again, nor does it address anything i stated in the quote.

    If you cannot address my comments, why bother responding? Go create a thread and talk to yourself, because that's all you do in these threads.
    Last edited by Kushinator; 04-16-18 at 11:37 AM.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  4. #744
    Guru
    late's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Southern Maine
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,493

    Re: Deficit at Highest Level in 6 Years

    The best work I've seen about the Reagan recovery is that it was driven by previously deferred business spending.

    Trump inherited a fairly healthy economy, but it doesn't look like it will stay that way.
    There is a monster in the White House.

  5. #745
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    lincoln park
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,976

    Re: Deficit at Highest Level in 6 Years

    Quote Originally Posted by late View Post
    The best work I've seen about the Reagan recovery is that it was driven by previously deferred business spending.

    Trump inherited a fairly healthy economy, but it doesn't look like it will stay that way.
    The Reagan recovery was heavily aided by gains in technological transformation. Meaning, we were able to use spreadsheets and word processors in business while being able to communicate accross the globe on the go. The Obama recovery was heavily driven by social media and instantaneous communication.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  6. #746
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    75,990

    Re: Deficit at Highest Level in 6 Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    Arther Okun was able to establish there was an inverse relationship between unemployment and output.

    However, research shows people will accept more inflation if it means their wages follow suit.

    The rest of your post isn't worth going over again, nor does it address anything i stated in the quote.

    If you cannot address my comments, why bother responding? Go create a thread and talk to yourself, because that's all you do in these threads.
    Yet Reagan proved that you can put more money in the pockets of the American public and create almost 17 million jobs while cutting the inflation rate. Now of course positive economic results don't fuel the liberal narrative which is nothing more than negative attacks on the opposite party.

    What was the inflation rate at the beginning of the Reagan term vs the end AFTER he cut FIT taxes three years in a row, Created almost 17 million jobs and doubled GDP?

  7. #747
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    75,990

    Re: Deficit at Highest Level in 6 Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    The Reagan recovery was heavily aided by gains in technological transformation. Meaning, we were able to use spreadsheets and word processors in business while being able to communicate accross the globe on the go. The Obama recovery was heavily driven by social media and instantaneous communication.
    Yes, do you have a point? Reagan unleashed the American spirit and individual wealth creation as more people moved out of the lower and middle income levels into the upper levels. Obama had zero recovery or the worst in history. Obama is history but the Obama results are there for all to see, you choose to spin the negative into a positive because of your total lack of understanding of human behavior. Liberalism gets its power by creating and keeping people dependent and dependence continues as throwing money at the problem destroys incentive and never changes human behavior

  8. #748
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    75,990

    Re: Deficit at Highest Level in 6 Years

    Quote Originally Posted by late View Post
    The best work I've seen about the Reagan recovery is that it was driven by previously deferred business spending.

    Trump inherited a fairly healthy economy, but it doesn't look like it will stay that way.
    LOL, doesn't look like it will stay that way? Your crystal Ball is clouding as that healthy economy Trump inherited was 1.8% and 1.2% GDP growth. now that may be healthy to a Progressive but not to the American people who are now seeing more money in their checks and more jobs available. Results seem to be a foreign concept to you as rhetoric always trumps actual data in the liberal mind, what is it about liberalism that creates this kind of loyalty?

  9. #749
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    lincoln park
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,976

    Re: Deficit at Highest Level in 6 Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yet Reagan proved that you can put more money in the pockets of the American public and create almost 17 million jobs while cutting the inflation rate. Now of course positive economic results don't fuel the liberal narrative which is nothing more than negative attacks on the opposite party.
    Focus! The thread isn't about your weird tangent into Reagan. When challanged, you rush into your safe place where the Gipper was in charge instead of responding with anything that can resemble substance. You asked where tax cuts coincided with a decline in government revenue, and i showed you in both nominal and real terms. Instead of responding with honesty, you want to take it to Reagan.

    #triggered
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  10. #750
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    lincoln park
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,976

    Re: Deficit at Highest Level in 6 Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, do you have a point? Reagan unleashed the American spirit and individual wealth creation as more people moved out of the lower and middle income levels into the upper levels. Obama had zero recovery or the worst in history. Obama is history but the Obama results are there for all to see, you choose to spin the negative into a positive because of your total lack of understanding of human behavior. Liberalism gets its power by creating and keeping people dependent and dependence continues as throwing money at the problem destroys incentive and never changes human behavior
    The topic isn't about comparing Reagan with Obama, or even Trump with Obama. It is the fact that deficits are growing in an economy you continue to praise, and cannot account for it because to do so would require you to admit you were duped. You don't have any idea about what you're talking about.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

Page 75 of 80 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •