Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 80

Thread: Where companies' new tax savings will likely go

  1. #41
    Invictus


    Rogue Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,837

    Re: Where companies' new tax savings will likely go

    Quote Originally Posted by holbritter View Post
    I didn't say that, nor am I naive enough to think it. But it does in fact benefit many middle class workers. Sure it benefits corporations more, but that doesn't take that away. I'm guessing if it benefits the wealthy or corporations, it shouldn't be done at all, regardless of who else it also benefits. To hell with them, right?
    You'll spend that chump change trying to keep up with rising Trumpcare premiums.


    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. -- Marine General James 'Chaos' Mattis

  2. #42
    Sage holbritter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,105

    Re: Where companies' new tax savings will likely go

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Valley View Post
    You'll spend that chump change trying to keep up with rising Trumpcare premiums.
    And another elitist comment. That 'chump change' can mean a lot to people. You're very lucky not to need it.
    ~Words that can't be understood are useless~

    ~The best things in life aren't things~

  3. #43
    Invictus


    Rogue Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,837

    Re: Where companies' new tax savings will likely go

    Quote Originally Posted by holbritter View Post
    And another elitist comment. That 'chump change' can mean a lot to people. You're very lucky not to need it.
    In the GOP grand scheme of things, they're giving you a token while the preponderance of tax cuts will accrue to the already wealthy who certainly don't need it.

    Why you cannot see what is plainly in front of you is beyond me. Seems to me you don't need the money that much either.

    5 times Republicans admitted they work for rich donors


    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. -- Marine General James 'Chaos' Mattis

  4. #44
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    56,010
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Where companies' new tax savings will likely go

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Valley View Post
    In the GOP grand scheme of things, they're giving you a token while the preponderance of tax cuts will accrue to the already wealthy who certainly don't need it.

    Why you cannot see what is plainly in front of you is beyond me. Seems to me you don't need the money that much either.

    5 times Republicans admitted they work for rich donors
    The preponderance of tax cuts accrue to the top earners because that's where the taxes are. It's just arithmetic. I opposed this tax cut, but your argument against it is unsound.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  5. #45
    Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Last Seen
    12-29-17 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,525

    Re: Where companies' new tax savings will likely go

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    The preponderance of tax cuts accrue to the top earners because that's where the taxes are. It's just arithmetic. I opposed this tax cut, but your argument against it is unsound.
    When the wealthy are already paying less percent in taxes than the middle and lower class, as Warren Buffet, pointed out, something is wrong. And now - giving them more tax cuts - something is really, really wrong.

  6. #46
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    56,010
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Where companies' new tax savings will likely go

    Quote Originally Posted by Media_Truth View Post
    When the wealthy are already paying less percent in taxes than the middle and lower class, as Warren Buffet, pointed out, something is wrong. And now - giving them more tax cuts - something is really, really wrong.
    The "lower class" pays no federal income tax.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  7. #47
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-18-18 @ 06:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    10,124

    Re: Where companies' new tax savings will likely go

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    The problem with your chart and your assumption is the assumption that business does nothing with profits except fill up wine glasses. They don't. Profits are used to expand, seek new markets, or distribute to stockholders. In any event, those profits return to the market or to the stockholders, who pay taxes on the already taxed dividends. Or it's held in reserve, a bank, who then uses the money to make loans, either to consumers to buy cars or houses, or to enable business to expand.
    It is demand that drives expansion and job growth. I agree with most tax cuts to the middle class because it helps drive the demand. However, the tax cuts to corporations are unnecessary as they have seen record profits in recent years while middle class jobs/pay has stagnated.
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

  8. #48
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,817
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Where companies' new tax savings will likely go

    Quote Originally Posted by Nap View Post
    The bottom 60% account for 2% of the federal income tax. Whatever happened to paying a fair share?
    What is their share of national income?
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  9. #49
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,817
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Where companies' new tax savings will likely go

    Quote Originally Posted by holbritter View Post
    And another elitist comment. That 'chump change' can mean a lot to people. You're very lucky not to need it.
    I wonder how many will still feel that way when they're told the get no social security as a result?
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  10. #50
    Sage holbritter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,105

    Re: Where companies' new tax savings will likely go

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    I wonder how many will still feel that way when they're told the get no social security as a result?
    I doubt that's going to happen. It's been 'brought to the table' through several administrations and they don't touch it.
    ~Words that can't be understood are useless~

    ~The best things in life aren't things~

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •