Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 60

Thread: This Tax Bill Is a Trillion-Dollar Blunder

  1. #21
    Sage
    chuckiechan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    California Caliphate
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,742

    Re: This Tax Bill Is a Trillion-Dollar Blunder

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Valley View Post
    This Tax Bill Is a Trillion-Dollar Blunder


    Congress and President Trump put politics ahead of smart reform.....


    The GOP tax 'reform' package will do significant long-term harm to most Americans and their descendants. It will not pay for itself, instead increasing an already massive deficit. Many Americans [rightfully] believe that funding sorely needed infrastructure repair and replacement should have been the initial Congressional bipartisan endeavor. The GOP however, is ramming through a horrible tax package first for a specific reason. After passage, the GOP will then disingenuously bemoan the fact that the deficit is increasing [an unavoidable consequence of their tax legislation] and demand deep cuts in America's safety-net programs -- Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. While the rich get wealthier, everyone else gets the dregs with emaciated safety-net programs when the economy bottoms out from the deep recession that the GOP 'revenue-negative' tax legislation virtually guarantees. There is an underlying rationale why the Republican House/Senate leadership changes their reconciliation tax package on a daily basis. They do not want their legislation scored [by the CBO and independent economic analysis] before a quick floor vote. They do not want to provide the public/media any checks and balance. Such a tactic speaks volumes of the lengths the GOP will travel to pass their pro-wealth agenda in this specific order.

    Related: Republicans Despise the Working Class - The New York Times
    Without the ability to see into the future, you are just shoveling gas. You title should be "Democrats say Tax Bill A Trillion Dollar Blunder". Unless Klaatu from Klaatuvill in the future wrote that, you all gotta have some proof that you are in fact able to see in the future.
    Democrats today are the snarling dictators we fought wars to depose.
    What was a difference of political opinion now makes someone illegitimate as a person
    Democrats feel so sorry for the world, they want it to move here.
    Unlike our last four presidents, Trump delivers results.

  2. #22
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,439

    Re: This Tax Bill Is a Trillion-Dollar Blunder

    Quote Originally Posted by Critter7r View Post
    I disagree that calling out this insanity is "whining". Unless you think that all of your protests against Obama policies were "whining". Then I'm ok with it. But if you think all your "whining" is legitimate and everyone else's is just bitching, then you're just being a hypocrite.
    What is insane is thinking the government needs more of my hard earned money.
    If you want the government to keep more of your money then you can send you tax break back to them.

    They will be more than happy to take it. The same goes for everyone else that is complaining about paying less in taxes.

    You are 100% free to send it straight back to the government. My thoughts you will never do is and neither will anyone else that is whining about it.

  3. #23
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,439

    Re: This Tax Bill Is a Trillion-Dollar Blunder

    Quote Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
    The New York Post October 11, 2017

    WASHINGTON – As President Donald Trump promotes a tax plan that critics say would raise the federal deficit by slashing corporate rates and eliminating some taxes paid by the rich, some three-quarters of Americans believe the wealthiest should pay more, Reuters/Ipsos polling shows.

    An additional 23 percent “somewhat agree” the wealthiest should pay higher tax rates, according to the poll of 1,504 people, which had a credibility interval, a measure of accuracy, of plus or minus 6 percentage points.

    Trump’s tax framework proposed cutting the corporate tax rate to 20 percent from 35 percent and creating a new category for pass-through income earned by partners and sole proprietors, which would be taxed at 25 percent, instead of the 39.6 percent top individual rate currently paid by some.
    https://nypost.com/2017/10/11/most-a...the-rich-poll/
    They are already paying pretty much all of the income tax collected.
    The top 20% of earners pay pretty much 80% of the income tax.

    The reason they say this is the myth of the "their fair share" BS that get thrown around by liberals.

    If people knew facts their view would change.

  4. #24
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    26,062

    Re: This Tax Bill Is a Trillion-Dollar Blunder

    The party of "fiscal responsibilty" has been complaining bitterly about the oppressive debt weighing down the country for eight years now seeks to add A TRILLION DOLLARS to the debt to give to corporations.
    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

    "We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation." ..François-Marie Arouet. French philosopher. 1694 - 1778.

  5. #25
    Guru

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,699

    Re: This Tax Bill Is a Trillion-Dollar Blunder

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    The party of "fiscal responsibilty" has been complaining bitterly about the oppressive debt weighing down the country for eight years now seeks to add A TRILLION DOLLARS to the debt to give to corporations.
    Absolutely! Only 23% of Americans want this Billionaire-favoring tax plan. Write your Congressman and Senators, and tell them that if they vote for this, they will lose your vote.

  6. #26
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    UP of Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,885

    Re: This Tax Bill Is a Trillion-Dollar Blunder

    Quote Originally Posted by Media_Truth View Post
    Absolutely! Only 23% of Americans want this Billionaire-favoring tax plan. Write your Congressman and Senators, and tell them that if they vote for this, they will lose your vote.
    Is any Democrat going to vote for it? Is any Republican not? Am I going to buck my Democratic Senators if they vote for it? I'd hate to think this of them.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    What is insane is thinking the government needs more of my hard earned money.
    If you want the government to keep more of your money then you can send you tax break back to them.

    They will be more than happy to take it. The same goes for everyone else that is complaining about paying less in taxes.

    You are 100% free to send it straight back to the government. My thoughts you will never do is and neither will anyone else that is whining about it.
    Everybody has to pay evenly.

    I don't buy the argument that the rich should pay their fair share, they're paying more than their fair share and we have to ask them because of this debt crisis, to pay more more than their fair share.

    At any rate they'll be paying less of this soon when the bill passes, let's hope like stupid lemmings that they spend it wisely and benevolently; mercifully.

    What are you going to do with your tax break loot? Hmmn? Go run around town with it in your fist like a baboon?
    https://azapizzazz.com

    Exquisitor exquisitly exquisited an exquisit exquisitorial in the exquisitorium.

  7. #27
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    45,332

    Re: This Tax Bill Is a Trillion-Dollar Blunder

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    The party of "fiscal responsibilty" has been complaining bitterly about the oppressive debt weighing down the country for eight years now seeks to add A TRILLION DOLLARS to the debt to give to corporations.
    But the Trickle Down Fairy, Tricklebell, will see to it that the tax cut will pay for itself.


    "He’s now president for life. President for life. And he’s great.” Trump added, “I think it’s great. Maybe we’ll give that a shot someday.” -Trump speaking of Xi Jinping

  8. #28
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,439

    Re: This Tax Bill Is a Trillion-Dollar Blunder

    Quote Originally Posted by Exquisitor View Post
    Is any Democrat going to vote for it? Is any Republican not? Am I going to buck my Democratic Senators if they vote for it? I'd hate to think this of them.



    Everybody has to pay evenly.

    I don't buy the argument that the rich should pay their fair share, they're paying more than their fair share and we have to ask them because of this debt crisis, to pay more more than their fair share.

    At any rate they'll be paying less of this soon when the bill passes, let's hope like stupid lemmings that they spend it wisely and benevolently; mercifully.

    What are you going to do with your tax break loot? Hmmn? Go run around town with it in your fist like a baboon?
    Can you actually address the argument or not.
    I personally don't care what they do with it. It isntheir money.

    That is the cool thing about living in a free society.

    However if you are against paying less taxes and think the government should have more of your money you are 100% free to do so.

    However like everyone else you won't.

  9. #29
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,439

    Re: This Tax Bill Is a Trillion-Dollar Blunder

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    But the Trickle Down Fairy, Tricklebell, will see to it that the tax cut will pay for itself.
    There is no such thing as trickle down that is the fairy tricklebell nonsense the left came up with.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Seen
    05-28-18 @ 12:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    3,714

    Re: This Tax Bill Is a Trillion-Dollar Blunder

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Valley View Post
    This Tax Bill Is a Trillion-Dollar Blunder


    Congress and President Trump put politics ahead of smart reform.....


    The GOP tax 'reform' package will do significant long-term harm to most Americans and their descendants. It will not pay for itself, instead increasing an already massive deficit. Many Americans [rightfully] believe that funding sorely needed infrastructure repair and replacement should have been the initial Congressional bipartisan endeavor. The GOP however, is ramming through a horrible tax package first for a specific reason. After passage, the GOP will then disingenuously bemoan the fact that the deficit is increasing [an unavoidable consequence of their tax legislation] and demand deep cuts in America's safety-net programs -- Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. While the rich get wealthier, everyone else gets the dregs with emaciated safety-net programs when the economy bottoms out from the deep recession that the GOP 'revenue-negative' tax legislation virtually guarantees. There is an underlying rationale why the Republican House/Senate leadership changes their reconciliation tax package on a daily basis. They do not want their legislation scored [by the CBO and independent economic analysis] before a quick floor vote. They do not want to provide the public/media any checks and balance. Such a tactic speaks volumes of the lengths the GOP will travel to pass their pro-wealth agenda in this specific order.

    Related: Republicans Despise the Working Class - The New York Times
    We have an aristocracy to subsidize with socialism.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •