Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 386

Thread: Trump has DOW up over 24000

  1. #21
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,489

    Re: Trump has DOW up over 24000

    Quote Originally Posted by KLATTU View Post
    It's a record!
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ime/908383001/

    he Dow, which has jumped more than 300 points, notched a fresh milestone Thursday, topping 24,000 for the first time, adding to the sizable 2017 gains of 401(k) investors that have exposure to stocks in their retirement accounts.

    Right after the start of trading today, the blue chip stock index ticked above the big number. At its high point Thursday, it was up as much as 387 points at a new intraday record of 24,327.82.

    The Dow is on track for its best day of the year.


    Optimism abounds apparently! Must be because of that anticipated cut in the Corporate tax rate. GOP finally got something right. Well maybe.-see how it plays out but I think that will stick
    I think the USDollar dropping 14% is the actual stimulus. Would the market be up 14%? Oil is up from $50 to $57 and that is 14%, coinkydink?
    /

  2. #22
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-18-18 @ 06:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    10,124

    Re: Trump has DOW up over 24000

    Quote Originally Posted by KLATTU View Post

    Optimism abounds apparently! Must be because of that anticipated cut in the Corporate tax rate.
    Of course it is. Who do you think lobbied for the GOP tax bill? Don't forget when it comes to the economy, the higher you rise the harder you fall.
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

  3. #23
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-18-18 @ 06:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    10,124

    Re: Trump has DOW up over 24000

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    This is not a bubble. It is based on good earnings and strong companies growing.
    Every bubble sees good earnings and growth of companies. We have done nothing to correct the problems that led to the 2008 'recession.' What makes you think this time is different?
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

  4. #24
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,572

    Re: Trump has DOW up over 24000

    Quote Originally Posted by KLATTU View Post
    It's a record!
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ime/908383001/

    he Dow, which has jumped more than 300 points, notched a fresh milestone Thursday, topping 24,000 for the first time, adding to the sizable 2017 gains of 401(k) investors that have exposure to stocks in their retirement accounts.

    Right after the start of trading today, the blue chip stock index ticked above the big number. At its high point Thursday, it was up as much as 387 points at a new intraday record of 24,327.82.

    The Dow is on track for its best day of the year.


    Optimism abounds apparently! Must be because of that anticipated cut in the Corporate tax rate. GOP finally got something right. Well maybe.-see how it plays out but I think that will stick
    You realize this is fueled entirely on the prospect of massive tax reform that will increase revenues of businesses sharply, right?

    And that’s a great thing, but it’s being completely financed by adding to the national debt via increased deficit spending.

    So what you’re cheering is a massive amount of deficit spending to raise corporate balance sheets.

    ‘The New Conservatism’, LOL.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  5. #25
    Guru
    GhostlyJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,818

    Re: Trump has DOW up over 24000

    Quote Originally Posted by cuban smokes View Post
    yep, just watch that bubble pop ..................
    No bailout next time. Never again.

  6. #26
    Guru
    GhostlyJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,818

    Re: Trump has DOW up over 24000

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Yes, because middle class Americans don't have 401ks or retirement accounts???
    Here are the numbers: About 52% of Americans own stock. Vast majority of stocks are owned by the top 10%

  7. #27
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-19-18 @ 09:38 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,588

    Re: Trump has DOW up over 24000

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    In March 2009, the Dow was below 7,000 and our economy was still melting down. Did y'all give any credit to Obama for turning things around to reach 7,000? 8,000?, 9,000? 10,000? 15,000? 20,000? Did y'all give him credit for handing over to Trump an economy in MUCH better shape than was handed to him in 2009?

    Of course not, for it is conservative dogma that Thou Shalt NEVER give liberals or Democrats credit for anything at all, but give credit for everything to conservatives and Republicans.
    LAFFRIOT!! -you just gave credit to Obama for something that GOP congress should have gotten credit for.

    So I think it's actually "for it is liberal dogma that Thou Shalt NEVER give lconservatives or Republicans credit for anything at all, but give credit for everything to liberals and Democrats"

  8. #28
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-19-18 @ 09:38 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,588

    Re: Trump has DOW up over 24000

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    You realize this is fueled entirely on the prospect of massive tax reform that will increase revenues of businesses sharply, right?

    And that’s a great thing, but it’s being completely financed by adding to the national debt via increased deficit spending.

    So what you’re cheering is a massive amount of deficit spending to raise corporate balance sheets.

    ‘The New Conservatism’, LOL.
    Boy are you right about that. The GOP needs to get crackin on cutting spending.

  9. #29
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,172

    Re: Trump has DOW up over 24000

    Quote Originally Posted by KLATTU View Post
    LAFFRIOT!! -you just gave credit to Obama for something that GOP congress should have gotten credit for.

    So I think it's actually "for it is liberal dogma that Thou Shalt NEVER give lconservatives or Republicans credit for anything at all, but give credit for everything to liberals and Democrats"
    Gee, that's strange...because most economists give the credit for our recovery to Obama's stimulus...and that the only real problem with the stimulus was that it wasn't large enough.
    “To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what he’s doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  10. #30
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,572

    Re: Trump has DOW up over 24000

    Quote Originally Posted by KLATTU View Post
    Boy are you right about that. The GOP needs to get crackin on cutting spending.
    Oh, I think you'll see the GOP in about six months being SHOCKED, SHOCKED, I tell you! about the skyrocketing deficit and debt.

    How could this happen? We must cut Medicare and Social Security!
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •