Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041
Results 401 to 410 of 410

Thread: Trump's Tax Cuts Expected to Generate Federal Revenue: Won't

  1. #401
    Sage
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    8,847

    Re: Trump's Tax Cuts Expected to Generate Federal Revenue: Won't

    Quote Originally Posted by Master PO View Post
    the Laffer curve takes into consideration human factor
    yes, what is your point?
    The ALT GOP
    Now Science Free, with new ALT-FACTS

  2. #402
    Guru
    Winston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,899

    Re: Trump's Tax Cuts Expected to Generate Federal Revenue: Won't

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    yes, what is your point?
    probably, "i want to keep more of my money." seems to boil down to the conservative point in this thread. stubborn as hell people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac77 View Post
    It could add fuel to the leftwing attacks on cops that was started by obama when he was president

  3. #403
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,995

    Re: Trump's Tax Cuts Expected to Generate Federal Revenue: Won't

    Quote Originally Posted by Master PO View Post
    which is why i want to cut their power by repealing the 17th amendment
    Think that'd help? Send the selections back to the State Legislators? Bageeebus, Texas legislators shouldn't be allowed to select dog catchers.

    How about figuring out a way to prevent the S.C. from winding up being an extension of one political philosophy or the other? Maybe there's such thing as a political philosophical atheist for Justices? Seems like we have 2 branches of gov instead of 3 of one lean for a while then heads the opposite direction.

    What about having a better definition of the General Welfare Clause? I mean actually a real definition - one that limits - not let them go self-will-run-riot. Right now, Congress makes it up as they go along. Hell of a power over us worker bees.

    What a mess we weave....
    Since when have we Americans been expected to bow submissively to authority and speak with awe and reverence to those who represent us? - William O. Douglas


  4. #404
    Sage
    Fishking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:15 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    9,005

    Re: Trump's Tax Cuts Expected to Generate Federal Revenue: Won't

    Quote Originally Posted by Incisor View Post
    So 2 + 2 = 4 is a "cherry picked" fact?
    As if things like macroeconomics extrapolated from something so mundane as 2+2. It doesn't take things like the chaos that is human behavior into account. Your example is unhelpful, not applicable, and dishonest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    There is no such thing as right to life...for any stage of human life.

  5. #405
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    05-27-17 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,664

    Re: Trump's Tax Cuts Expected to Generate Federal Revenue: Won't

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishking View Post
    As if things like macroeconomics extrapolated from something so mundane as 2+2. It doesn't take things like the chaos that is human behavior into account. Your example is unhelpful, not applicable, and dishonest.
    Um, that was an "example" MR uses all the time.....and Incisor isn't around to explain that to you or to respond in any manner. In short, this was a miss-targeted and pointless post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumpf
    "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #406
    Sage
    Fishking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:15 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    9,005

    Re: Trump's Tax Cuts Expected to Generate Federal Revenue: Won't

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Um, that was an "example" MR uses all the time.....and Incisor isn't around to explain that to you or to respond in any manner. In short, this was a miss-targeted and pointless post.
    Sorry I wasn't able to use my psychic abilities to know your bff was gone. That aside, the topic isn't 2+2. It's more complicated than that. However, if you want to look at things like our unfunded liabilities, instead of predicted what may or may not stimulate economic growth, then 2+2 becomes much more relevant.

    Fact is, government revenues have always gone up, even if taxes are lowered. The cyclic booms and busts have more of an effect of government revenues than taxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    There is no such thing as right to life...for any stage of human life.

  7. #407
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    05-27-17 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,664

    Re: Trump's Tax Cuts Expected to Generate Federal Revenue: Won't

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishking View Post
    Sorry I wasn't able to use my psychic abilities to know your bff was gone.
    Nor were you able to see he has been banned, apparently words are beyond comprehension.
    That aside, the topic isn't 2+2.
    No one said it was, non-sequitur. The point was that MR uses meaningless comments like that ALL THE TIME, and it was used as a device to show the hypocrisy of MR's fact avoidance.
    It's more complicated than that.
    No kidding.....and you think Incisor did not know that?
    However, if you want to look at things like our unfunded liabilities, instead of predicted what may or may not stimulate economic growth, then 2+2 becomes much more relevant.
    I never knew that "unfunded liabilities" were a means to "stimulate economic growth". Do you often find that such dazzling incongruity wins debate?

    Fact is, government revenues have always gone up, even if taxes are lowered.
    False, revenues often fall, completely independent of tax rates.
    The cyclic booms and busts have more of an effect of (sic) government revenues than taxes.
    OK, yes, but that doesn't support yer previous line that "revenues have ALWAYS gone up".

    Beyond this, Incisor was debating the Housing Crash...
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumpf
    "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #408
    Sage
    Fishking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:15 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    9,005

    Re: Trump's Tax Cuts Expected to Generate Federal Revenue: Won't

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    The point was that MR uses meaningless comments like that ALL THE TIME, and it was used as a device to show the hypocrisy of MR's fact avoidance.
    You're attributing what someone said to someone else. No one made said banned person post that so they are speaking for themselves. You're false attribution to MR is noted.

    No kidding.....and you think Incisor did not know that? I never knew that "unfunded liabilities" were a means to "stimulate economic growth". Do you often find that such dazzling incongruity wins debate?
    I was simply pointing out what areas of the economy where 2+2 would be more applicable. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't read too much into it, sugar.

    False, revenues often fall, completely independent of tax rates.OK, yes, but that doesn't support yer previous line that "revenues have ALWAYS gone up".

    Beyond this, Incisor was debating the Housing Crash...
    No, not false. Revenues always go up. There can be things the temporarily reduce it but, again, those are due to booms and busts and not the tax rate. Ultimately, the temporary setback stops and revenues go up. Federal revenues are now higher than they've ever been.

    https://www.thebalance.com/current-u...evenue-3305762
    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    There is no such thing as right to life...for any stage of human life.

  9. #409
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    05-27-17 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,664

    Re: Trump's Tax Cuts Expected to Generate Federal Revenue: Won't

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishking View Post
    You're attributing what someone said to someone else.
    Uh, yeah, correctly too. What is yer point?
    No one made said banned person post that so they are speaking for themselves. You're false attribution to MR is noted.
    Apparently you didn't even read a post or two further on where MR once again post his identity BS. I'll excuse not knowing MR, I won't excuse your inability to see something on the same page used again.



    I was simply pointing out what areas of the economy where 2+2 would be more applicable.
    He wasn't using it as a macro device, he was using it as a device to show MR's hypocrisy.
    Nothing more, nothing less. Don't read too much into it, sugar.
    I'm not into you like that, so find another.......and yer basic problem is the shallowness of your understanding of what was being done.


    No, not false. Revenues always go up.
    It is FALSE, we have many examples of revenue declines.
    There can be things the (sic) temporarily reduce it
    Good grief, you just shot down yer absolute.....but you insist:
    but, again, those are due to booms and busts and not the tax rate.
    Your absolute was false, your qualifier makes no difference.
    Ultimately, the temporary setback stops and revenues go up. Federal revenues are now higher than they've ever been.
    Again, yer absolute was false. Admit it and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumpf
    "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #410
    Sage
    Fishking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:15 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    9,005

    Re: Trump's Tax Cuts Expected to Generate Federal Revenue: Won't

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Again, yer absolute was false. Admit it and move on.
    Thoughts are hard, aren't they? But look at you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    There is no such thing as right to life...for any stage of human life.

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •