Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 220

Thread: "It's not going to end Well "

  1. #21
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    20,801

    Re: "It's not going to end Well "

    [QUOTE=ARealConservative;1061535944]it's nice to swing at softballs from time to time.

    ...[QUOTE]

    heh heh

  2. #22
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 08:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: "It's not going to end Well "

    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    I see my new friend uses the "you didnt answer my pointless and irrelevant question” routine to avoid the facts I posted. To answer your question I don’t know. does the president appoint them
    yes, he does. they work for the president. Most people would of figured that out based on the name of the group (President’s Working Group )...but your special.
    Last edited by ARealConservative; 03-05-13 at 07:50 PM.

  3. #23
    Sage
    Vern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,836

    Re: "It's not going to end Well "

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    yes, he does. they work for the president. Most people would of figured that out based on the name of the group (President’s Working Group )...but your special.
    the federal reserve is on the working group. It seems to me that maybe the president doesnt get to pick the representative from the Federal Reserve but I dont know. You claim to know.

    anyhoo, please explain how the president "appointing everyone" to the group changes the fact that EVERYONE BUSH APPOINTED said it started in late 2004 and it was because banks lowered their lending standards? yea, it didnt really come across to me as another political group trying to blame somebody else because they didnt blame the GSEs or the CRA as the lying wing nut press did. Please explain.

  4. #24
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 08:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: "It's not going to end Well "

    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    the federal reserve is on the working group. It seems to me that maybe the president doesnt get to pick the representative from the Federal Reserve but I dont know. You claim to know.
    the chairman of the Federal Reserve is on it, and he is appointed by the president.

    someone that knows so little shouldn't really be this active in debate IMO

  5. #25
    Sage
    Vern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,836

    Re: "It's not going to end Well "

    yes, the president appoints the Fed chairman but what does that have to do with BUSH'S WORKING GROUP saying banks lowered their lending standards in late 2004? how do you interpret BUSH'S WORKING GROUP not "pointing the finger" at anybody as "pointing the finger" at someone else?

    just seems to me that you are simply trying to avoid the fact that you thought it was Obama's working group because why else would you not want to discuss the underlying data and the fact that the Federal Reserve said the same thing. Remember, the president appoints the fed chairman.

  6. #26
    Sage
    Vern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,836

    Re: "It's not going to end Well "

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    the chairman of the Federal Reserve is on it, and he is appointed by the president.
    so the Federal Reserve says

    Since 1995 there has been essentially no change in the basic CRA rules or enforcement process that can be reasonably linked to the subprime lending activity. This fact weakens the link between the CRA and the current crisis since the crisis is rooted in poor performance of mortgage loans made between 2004 and 2007. "


    http://www.federalreserve.gov/newsev...3_analysis.pdf

    since Bush appointed the fed chairman do you hear and obey?

  7. #27
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    28,514

    Re: "It's not going to end Well "

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    hey, the people Obama hand
    selected to form the plunge protection team blames Bush

    what more do you want?

    /sarcasm
    Obama used to shake doxn banks in Chicago for "discrimination". Holder worked for Reno when she was going around bullying banks.

    Verns entire premiseon sub-prime.

    Bush's FHA initiative in 2007 and a lie about HUD

  8. #28
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    28,514

    Re: "It's not going to end Well "

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    hey, the people Obama hand

    selected to form the plunge protection team blames Bush

    what more do you want?

    /sarcasm
    Obama used to shake down banks in Chicago for "discrimination". Holder worked for Reno when she was going around bullying banks.

    Verns entire premiseon sub-prime.

    Bush's FHA initiative in 2007 and blames Bush for Cuomo's part in the sub prime collapse.

    Which was huge.

    Thats it.

  9. #29
    Sage
    Vern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,836

    Re: "It's not going to end Well "

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Bush's FHA initiative in 2007 and a lie about HUD
    what 2007 FHA initiative?

  10. #30
    Sage
    Vern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,836

    Re: "It's not going to end Well "

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    hey, the people Obama hand selected to form the plunge protection team blames Bush

    what more do you want?

    /sarcasm
    I guess its safe to assume that Real Conservative finally figured out that I posted Bush’s Working Group on Financial Markets. He thought it was Obama’s working group. Oh how he railed that it was typical fingerpointing. Oh how he ignored it was from October 2008. Oh how he ignored the fact that I told him several times it was Bush’s working group.

    And that pretty much sums up most of my posts. I post a fact that conflicts with what conservatives have been told to believe and they instantly lose the ability to reason. Which brings up a problem with the “conservative entertainment complex”. Once they tell a lie and conservatives believe it, they put so much effort fighting actual facts that dispute that lie. It just seems since conservatives wont let go of the lies, shouldn't the “conservative entertainment complex” be more responsible?

    Anyhoo, Bush (BUSH NOT OBAMA) ‘s working group told us the Bush Mortgage Bubble started late 2004 when banks lowered their lending standards. Bush (BUSH NOT OBAMA) ‘s working group said GSEs bought these bad mortgages. Bush (BUSH NOT OBAMA) ‘s working group sorta left out the part where Bush (BUSH NOT OBAMA) ‘s regulators did nothing to stop it. No bad mortgages, no Bush Mortgage bubble, no financial collapse, no worst recession since the depression, no trillion dollar deficts.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •