Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 602

Thread: Minimum wage hikes are causing restaurants to close, costing jobs

  1. #501
    Sage
    Fledermaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Peoples Republic of California AKA Taxifornia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    58,204

    Re: Minimum wage hikes are causing restaurants to close, costing jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    Socialism is about equality and equal protection of the laws. We could have solved simple poverty Yesterday, but for the social Horror which may be incurred by the right wing.

    Employment is at the will of either party in our at-will employment States. Yet, corporate welfare is fine for the Richest (because they are capitally worth it), but equal protection of the laws for the Poor (who really are worth-less under Capitalism) for unemployment compensation for merely being unemployed on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States is too much of a social Horror for the right wing, because the Poor may benefit under capitalism.
    Platitude Bingo...
    'All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.'

    Douglas Adams

  2. #502
    Professor
    aociswundumho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,382

    Re: Minimum wage hikes are causing restaurants to close, costing jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    Socialism is about equality and equal protection of the laws. We could have solved simple poverty Yesterday, but for the social Horror which may be incurred by the right wing.
    Then why is it that every socialist country ends up mired in poverty, while countries that are mostly capitalist have the highest standard of living, especially for poor people?

  3. #503
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    17,295

    Re: Minimum wage hikes are causing restaurants to close, costing jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by Fledermaus View Post
    Platitude Bingo...
    It is more robust than any appeal to bigotry or ignorance.

    Socialism is about equality and equal protection of the laws. We could have solved simple poverty Yesterday, but for the social Horror which may be incurred by the right wing.

    Employment is at the will of either party in our at-will employment States. Yet, corporate welfare is fine for the Richest (because they are capitally worth it), but equal protection of the laws for the Poor (who really are worth-less under Capitalism) for unemployment compensation for merely being unemployed on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States is too much of a social Horror for the right wing, because the Poor may benefit under capitalism.

  4. #504
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    17,295

    Re: Minimum wage hikes are causing restaurants to close, costing jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by aociswundumho View Post
    Then why is it that every socialist country ends up mired in poverty, while countries that are mostly capitalist have the highest standard of living, especially for poor people?
    lol. Government is social-ism. Capitalism "died in 1929", only the right wing never got the memo. Socialism has been bailing out capitalism ever since.

  5. #505
    Sage
    Fledermaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Peoples Republic of California AKA Taxifornia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    58,204

    Re: Minimum wage hikes are causing restaurants to close, costing jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    It is more robust than any appeal to bigotry or ignorance.

    Socialism is about equality and equal protection of the laws. We could have solved simple poverty Yesterday, but for the social Horror which may be incurred by the right wing.

    Employment is at the will of either party in our at-will employment States. Yet, corporate welfare is fine for the Richest (because they are capitally worth it), but equal protection of the laws for the Poor (who really are worth-less under Capitalism) for unemployment compensation for merely being unemployed on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States is too much of a social Horror for the right wing, because the Poor may benefit under capitalism.
    Repeating the Platitude laden blather doesn't make it any better.
    'All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.'

    Douglas Adams

  6. #506
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    17,295

    Re: Minimum wage hikes are causing restaurants to close, costing jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by Fledermaus View Post
    Repeating the Platitude laden blather doesn't make it any better.
    merely more robust than your mere opinion.

  7. #507
    Sage
    Fledermaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Peoples Republic of California AKA Taxifornia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    58,204

    Re: Minimum wage hikes are causing restaurants to close, costing jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    merely more robust than your mere opinion.
    Hilariously incorrect.
    'All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.'

    Douglas Adams

  8. #508
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    17,295

    Re: Minimum wage hikes are causing restaurants to close, costing jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by Fledermaus View Post
    Hilariously incorrect.
    too bad there is not enough sophistication and logic in your argument.

  9. #509
    Sage
    Fledermaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Peoples Republic of California AKA Taxifornia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    58,204

    Re: Minimum wage hikes are causing restaurants to close, costing jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    too bad there is not enough sophistication and logic in your argument.
    That wasn't an argument. That was an observation.

    Please fail English again.
    'All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.'

    Douglas Adams

  10. #510
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    17,295

    Re: Minimum wage hikes are causing restaurants to close, costing jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by Fledermaus View Post
    That wasn't an argument. That was an observation.

    Please fail English again.
    just gossip; i got it.

Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •