Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 124

Thread: What kind of worker benefits from increased government involvement in private businesses?

  1. #11
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    north carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    20,930

    Re: What kind of worker benefits from increased government involvement in private businesses?

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    Workers in well regulated industries. In Germany, workers are mandated a place on the board. It might just be an investment for the shareholders, but it's the worker's living.
    Other nations can do what other nations do, but America should continue to do what made America great for decades before socialists began trying to 'fix' things to match the Europeans.

  2. #12
    Professor
    Individual's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:14 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,182

    Re: What kind of worker benefits from increased government involvement in private businesses?

    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    That might work, in a free market, as long as the government or commie unions do not try to get involved.
    I see no reason it couldn't/wouldn't work in the current market. The Company I retired from frequently employed temporary workers, and some of them were made more permanent employees.

  3. #13
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    north carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    20,930

    Re: What kind of worker benefits from increased government involvement in private businesses?

    Quote Originally Posted by Individual View Post
    I see no reason it couldn't/wouldn't work in the current market. The Company I retired from frequently employed temporary workers, and some of them were made more permanent employees.
    Companies should do what works in a free market, not what the government tells them to do with no regard to what the market will bear. For example, the market will not bear the increased costs associated with ridiculously high benefits packages for workers that cannot be supported by limited company profits in the marketplace.

  4. #14
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    19,648
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: What kind of worker benefits from increased government involvement in private businesses?

    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    Communist party platforms support more government regulation and control of businesses and the establishment of labor unions to force businesses to meet workers' demands. What kind of worker benefits from such oppression of business and free enterprise economies?

    1. A lazy worker who likes the idea of employers being forced to pay higher salaries regardless of output.
    2. A worker who has bad attitudes and wants the government to protect his job from being discriminated against because of his bad attitude.
    3. Workers who want more benefits like free childcare, paid vacations, shorter hours, more paid sick leave, higher retirement incomes and so forth, in an economy where most business employers are struggling just to stay afloat.
    3. Minorities who want to be given special status when competing for jobs and special protections when being disciplined for poor performance.
    4. Workers who want their employment secure in spite of poor performance, laziness, bad attitudes, bad conduct, unreliable behaviors, incompetency and so forth.
    And others.
    child laborers
    I may be wrong.

  5. #15
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    19,648
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: What kind of worker benefits from increased government involvement in private businesses?

    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    Companies should do what works in a free market, not what the government tells them to do with no regard to what the market will bear. For example, the market will not bear the increased costs associated with ridiculously high benefits packages for workers that cannot be supported by limited company profits in the marketplace.
    Apparently, The Market™ bore the costs of 12 yr olds working 12 hour days.
    I may be wrong.

  6. #16
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    29,117

    Re: What kind of worker benefits from increased government involvement in private businesses?

    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    Other nations can do what other nations do, but America should continue to do what made America great for decades before socialists began trying to 'fix' things to match the Europeans.
    We'llcarry on surviving in our socialist hellhole with productivity higher than the USA, alongside six weeks vacation, sick pay, mat/paternity leave, universal healthcare, social security benefits, Equal opportunities, and minimum wage and pensions laws... A worker's paradise.
    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

    "We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation." ..François-Marie Arouet. French philosopher. 1694 - 1778.

  7. #17
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    north carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    20,930

    Re: What kind of worker benefits from increased government involvement in private businesses?

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    child laborers
    Leftist weenies have gotten laws passed making it a crime for children to help their parents on the farm. Leftist weenies are morons.

  8. #18
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    29,117

    Re: What kind of worker benefits from increased government involvement in private businesses?

    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    Leftist weenies have gotten laws passed making it a crime for children to help their parents on the farm. Leftist weenies are morons.
    They stopped children being forced to climb chimneys to clean them too! Wimps.
    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

    "We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation." ..François-Marie Arouet. French philosopher. 1694 - 1778.

  9. #19
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    north carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    20,930

    Re: What kind of worker benefits from increased government involvement in private businesses?

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    Apparently, The Market™ bore the costs of 12 yr olds working 12 hour days.
    There are millions of people around the world today who beg God every day their kids can find a job to help support their starving families. Leftist weenies do not care about that, they want their ideas implemented no matter how stupid, immoral, impractical or unjust they are.

  10. #20
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    north carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    20,930

    Re: What kind of worker benefits from increased government involvement in private businesses?

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    We'llcarry on surviving in our socialist hellhole with productivity higher than the USA, alongside six weeks vacation, sick pay, mat/paternity leave, universal healthcare, social security benefits, Equal opportunities, and minimum wage and pensions laws... A worker's paradise.
    You people can keep your sterile heaven on earth. Americans are accustomed to enjoying greater liberties and freedoms without government interference, even though socialist democrats in America are determined to change all of that.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •