Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 51

Thread: Article 5 Convention Of States

  1. #11
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:06 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,023

    Re: Article 5 Convention Of States

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    It is because Republicans now enjoy a large advantage that this would be a good time for an Article V convention of states. Mark Levin has talked quite a lot about this, and in general I like the amendments he has proposed.
    What does he propose?
    It's not "tolerance" if you already approve of what you purport to "tolerate."

  2. #12
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    83,474

    Re: Article 5 Convention Of States

    Quote Originally Posted by zyzygy View Post
    Why don't people seem to know of Article 5 Convention Of States of the Constitution , 10 states have already joined-----call your senators and representatives to support it-----it was written in by the framers as a last resort for the states when their power is being usurped by a lawless and too far overreach by the federal government.
    Because most people have no idea what The Constitution says.

    There are people on this forum that believe the Supreme Court can interpret The Constitution anyway they want. That should tell you something.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  3. #13
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    83,474

    Re: Article 5 Convention Of States

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    What does he propose?
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Liberty_Amendments
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  4. #14
    Well, okay...

    <alt>doxygen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Floriduh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,817

    Re: Article 5 Convention Of States

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    It is because Republicans now enjoy a large advantage that this would be a good time for an Article V convention of states. Mark Levin has talked quite a lot about this, and in general I like the amendments he has proposed.
    Levin's amendments aren't bad on the surface. I'm just against any changes to law driven by an ideological extreme, and these guys are extreme.

    The Christian right group wants to get rid of that pesky church state thing - see what the former head and founder of Patrick Henry college says about that, always using fluffy terms, but he's been clear. Heard him on Levin's show, no less.

    This guy claims he represents and speaks for "Americans" and what they want? What an obnoxious, presumptuous idiot:
    https://www.conventionofstates.com/m...th_care_fiasco

    Note that at the bottom you get "click to go to Breitbart for more". Yeah, THAT'S not the product of the extreme right wing.
    Last edited by <alt>doxygen; 03-31-17 at 03:11 PM.
    Fear not : Today is always a Mulligan; tomorrow is always a do-over!

  5. #15
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    83,474

    Re: Article 5 Convention Of States

    Quote Originally Posted by Porkuloss View Post
    Levin's amendments aren't bad on the surface. I'm just against any changes to law driven by an ideological extreme, and these guys are extreme.

    The Christian right group wants to get rid of that pesky church state thing - see what the former head and founder of Patrick Henry college says about that, always using fluffy terms, but he's been clear. Heard him on Levin's show, no less.
    There is no, "church state thing". The 1st Amendment only says, "Congress shall make no law establishing religion". There's nothing there that prevents a state capital from displaying The Ten Commandments.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  6. #16
    Sage
    Fishking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:32 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    12,866

    Re: Article 5 Convention Of States

    Quote Originally Posted by zyzygy View Post
    Why don't people seem to know of Article 5 Convention Of States of the Constitution , 10 states have already joined-----call your senators and representatives to support it-----it was written in by the framers as a last resort for the states when their power is being usurped by a lawless and too far overreach by the federal government.
    If you could give some examples of what you're talking about in regards to federal overreach we could have more to go off of.
    “There are no self-proclaimed villains, only regiments of self-proclaimed saints. Victorious historians rule where good or evil lies.” ― Glen Cook, Chronicles of the Black Company

  7. #17
    Well, okay...

    <alt>doxygen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Floriduh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,817

    Re: Article 5 Convention Of States

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    There is no, "church state thing". The 1st Amendment only says, "Congress shall make no law establishing religion". There's nothing there that prevents a state capital from displaying The Ten Commandments.
    Okay, good. No need to change it then, right?

    I'd actually welcome the 10 commandments displayed to spark conversation. But it has to be the full version, including lines like "...unto the 4th generation". They always want the sanitized, PC, Sunday school version.
    Fear not : Today is always a Mulligan; tomorrow is always a do-over!

  8. #18
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    83,474

    Re: Article 5 Convention Of States

    Quote Originally Posted by Porkuloss View Post
    Okay, good. No need to change it then, right?

    I'd actually welcome the 10 commandments displayed to spark conversation. But it has to be the full version, including lines like "...unto the 4th generation". They always want the sanitized, PC, Sunday school version.
    That isn't a part of The Ten Commandments.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  9. #19
    Well, okay...

    <alt>doxygen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Floriduh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,817

    Re: Article 5 Convention Of States

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That isn't a part of The Ten Commandments.
    Exodus 20:
    “You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. 5“You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6but showing lovingkindness to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
    Fear not : Today is always a Mulligan; tomorrow is always a do-over!

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 12:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: Article 5 Convention Of States

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    What does he propose?
    I don't recall the details offhand, but I remember hearing him discuss several proposed amendments on his radio program. He has also written a book about it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •