Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 82

Thread: "Black on black crime" marching orders

  1. #1
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    70,405

    "Black on black crime" marching orders

    So the right wing spin is in. Fox News started talking about black on black crime statistics, and now every single right winger is parroting the narrative. "X% of blacks are killed by other blacks! How come this doesn't spark outrage?"

    So, here's some education for conservatives:

    The part that sparks outrage is "the killer gets away with it."

    It took MPD 20 minutes to confront and murder Floyd for the alleged crime of writing a bad check. The evidence they started with was a phone call. It took MPD four days to arrest a cop for murder. The evidence they started with was the murder captured on video. Yes, I know, the state AG is saying this is the fastest they've ever charged a police officer. That's part of the problem. Cops are given far more leeway than the rest of us. If there was video of me kneeling on a guy's neck until he died, I'd be in jail as soon as the cops could find me.

    Trayvon Martin's case didn't become a national outrage because the victim was black. It became a national outrage because the cops didn't arrest the killer. The arrest happened after a national outrage.

    The Arbery shooting happened months prior to the arrest. The arrests only happened after a national outrage.

    Want to head off public outrage? Promptly arrest killers. Start holding the police to the same standard as the rest of us. They'll get their day in court. If the killing turns out to be justified, then they'll be acquitted.
    So nobody forgets, you're welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashmont
    Remember Mashmont's predictions, people. Only 10,400 deaths, max. Only 130,000 COVID cases, max. This wouldn't make a garden variety flu season. Can you say hoax?

  2. #2
    Moral clarity is needed
    Felis Leo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,683

    Re: "Black on black crime" marching orders

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    So the right wing spin is in. Fox News started talking about black on black crime statistics, and now every single right winger is parroting the narrative. "X% of blacks are killed by other blacks! How come this doesn't spark outrage?"

    So, here's some education for conservatives:

    The part that sparks outrage is "the killer gets away with it."

    It took MPD 20 minutes to confront and murder Floyd for the alleged crime of writing a bad check. The evidence they started with was a phone call. It took MPD four days to arrest a cop for murder. The evidence they started with was the murder captured on video. Yes, I know, the state AG is saying this is the fastest they've ever charged a police officer. That's part of the problem. Cops are given far more leeway than the rest of us. If there was video of me kneeling on a guy's neck until he died, I'd be in jail as soon as the cops could find me.

    Trayvon Martin's case didn't become a national outrage because the victim was black. It became a national outrage because the cops didn't arrest the killer. The arrest happened after a national outrage.

    The Arbery shooting happened months prior to the arrest. The arrests only happened after a national outrage.

    Want to head off public outrage? Promptly arrest killers. Start holding the police to the same standard as the rest of us. They'll get their day in court. If the killing turns out to be justified, then they'll be acquitted.
    I needed no education, but I otherwise very much agree.

    There is a reason why the saying "getting away with murder" has entered our lexicon as the ur-example of outrageous conduct.
    Itís in the small things that the rot starts. Do the wrong thing once, itís easier to do it again. Do the individualistic thing once, it is easy to do it again.

    Fiat justitia, et pereat mundus

  3. #3
    A sinister place...
    OrphanSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,403

    Re: "Black on black crime" marching orders

    Forget it, FoxNews gave their marching orders to "conservatives." Trivial things like facts and "the killer gets away with it" do not matter to an ideology that is looking to handle minorities in a manner that Trump would agree with.
    "Democracy without respect for individual rights sucks. It's just ganging up against the weird kid, and I'm always the weird kid." - Penn Jillette.

  4. #4
    HoHoHo
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    07-09-20 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    69,398

    Re: "Black on black crime" marching orders

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    So the right wing spin is in. Fox News started talking about black on black crime statistics, and now every single right winger is parroting the narrative. "X% of blacks are killed by other blacks! How come this doesn't spark outrage?"

    So, here's some education for conservatives:

    The part that sparks outrage is "the killer gets away with it."

    It took MPD 20 minutes to confront and murder Floyd for the alleged crime of writing a bad check. The evidence they started with was a phone call. It took MPD four days to arrest a cop for murder. The evidence they started with was the murder captured on video. Yes, I know, the state AG is saying this is the fastest they've ever charged a police officer. That's part of the problem. Cops are given far more leeway than the rest of us. If there was video of me kneeling on a guy's neck until he died, I'd be in jail as soon as the cops could find me.

    Trayvon Martin's case didn't become a national outrage because the victim was black. It became a national outrage because the cops didn't arrest the killer. The arrest happened after a national outrage.

    The Arbery shooting happened months prior to the arrest. The arrests only happened after a national outrage.

    Want to head off public outrage? Promptly arrest killers. Start holding the police to the same standard as the rest of us. They'll get their day in court. If the killing turns out to be justified, then they'll be acquitted.
    Tune into Fox tonight. I'm sure they will start talking about Hillary's emails again.

    But to the point of your post, you are 100% spot on.
    It's disgraceful. I'm going to maybe and I'm looking at it very seriously. We're doing some other things that you probably noticed like some of the very important things that we're doing now. But we're looking at it very seriously because you can't do that. - President Donald J. Trump

  5. #5
    Little Miss Sunshine
    TheGoverness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Houston Area, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    34,485

    Re: "Black on black crime" marching orders

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Tune into Fox tonight. I'm sure they will start talking about Hillary's emails again.

    But to the point of your post, you are 100% spot on.
    Jeanine has search parties looking for the fabled Hillary Rodham Clinton. They thought they caught her, but it was really just a cut out of Kellyanne Conway.
    "Everyone makes mistakes. It's what makes us human."
    CLASS OF 2021
    PRIDE

  6. #6
    HoHoHo
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    07-09-20 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    69,398

    Re: "Black on black crime" marching orders

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoverness View Post
    Jeanine has search parties looking for the fabled Hillary Rodham Clinton. They thought they caught her, but it was really just a cut out of Kellyanne Conway.
    Stop picking in Kellyanne. That PTSD she suffered as a result of the Bowling Green Massacre was real, baby. Real!
    It's disgraceful. I'm going to maybe and I'm looking at it very seriously. We're doing some other things that you probably noticed like some of the very important things that we're doing now. But we're looking at it very seriously because you can't do that. - President Donald J. Trump

  7. #7
    Little Miss Sunshine
    TheGoverness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Houston Area, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    34,485

    Re: "Black on black crime" marching orders

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Stop picking in Kellyanne. That PTSD she suffered as a result of the Bowling Green Massacre was real, baby. Real!
    I did lose two of my three heads in that massacre. Fortunately, four more replaced them.
    "Everyone makes mistakes. It's what makes us human."
    CLASS OF 2021
    PRIDE

  8. #8
    HoHoHo
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    07-09-20 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    69,398

    Re: "Black on black crime" marching orders

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoverness View Post
    I did lose two of my three heads in that massacre. Fortunately, four more replaced them.
    I hear if you walk by a windmill, you'll get cancer and sprout 3 more eyeballs.
    It's disgraceful. I'm going to maybe and I'm looking at it very seriously. We're doing some other things that you probably noticed like some of the very important things that we're doing now. But we're looking at it very seriously because you can't do that. - President Donald J. Trump

  9. #9
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    125,349

    Re: "Black on black crime" marching orders

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    So the right wing spin is in. Fox News started talking about black on black crime statistics, and now every single right winger is parroting the narrative. "X% of blacks are killed by other blacks! How come this doesn't spark outrage?"

    So, here's some education for conservatives:

    The part that sparks outrage is "the killer gets away with it."

    It took MPD 20 minutes to confront and murder Floyd for the alleged crime of writing a bad check. The evidence they started with was a phone call. It took MPD four days to arrest a cop for murder. The evidence they started with was the murder captured on video. Yes, I know, the state AG is saying this is the fastest they've ever charged a police officer. That's part of the problem. Cops are given far more leeway than the rest of us. If there was video of me kneeling on a guy's neck until he died, I'd be in jail as soon as the cops could find me.

    Trayvon Martin's case didn't become a national outrage because the victim was black. It became a national outrage because the cops didn't arrest the killer. The arrest happened after a national outrage.

    The Arbery shooting happened months prior to the arrest. The arrests only happened after a national outrage.

    Want to head off public outrage? Promptly arrest killers. Start holding the police to the same standard as the rest of us. They'll get their day in court. If the killing turns out to be justified, then they'll be acquitted.
    You know how many black on black murders don't get solved because of the snitch stigma?

    There have been 5 days of riots. Imagine if they put that energy into catching black murderers who nurder blacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexedgar View Post
    I always got Aunt Jemima and Mrs. Butterworth mixed up!
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Open up the concentration camps! Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Only if there are ovens.

  10. #10
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    70,405

    Re: "Black on black crime" marching orders

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You know how many black on black murders don't get solved because of the snitch stigma?

    There have been 5 days of riots. Imagine if they put that energy into catching black murderers who nurder blacks.
    You... want people protesting police brutality to start trying to investigate crimes? Vigilante justice? What the **** are you talking about?

    If you want to play the whatabout game, just show me an equivalent example: a video of a known, positively-identified black person murdering another black person and not getting promptly arrested.
    So nobody forgets, you're welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashmont
    Remember Mashmont's predictions, people. Only 10,400 deaths, max. Only 130,000 COVID cases, max. This wouldn't make a garden variety flu season. Can you say hoax?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •