Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 54

Thread: Why African Americans are blamed for crimes they didn't commit

  1. #41
    Professor

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,542

    Re: Why African Americans are blamed for crimes they didn't commit

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Is that including all the wrongful convictions, Truther?
    Which would be a rounding error.

  2. #42
    Privileged


    calamity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    121,990

    Re: Why African Americans are blamed for crimes they didn't commit

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
    What part of "fits the rest of the description" confuses you?
    What part of blacks representing 50% of the nation's wrongful convictions confuses you?
    ByeDon 2020

  3. #43
    Privileged


    calamity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    121,990

    Re: Why African Americans are blamed for crimes they didn't commit

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You saw the secret handshake?
    Describe it.
    ByeDon 2020

  4. #44
    Every job is essential
    Bullseye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    22,201

    Re: Why African Americans are blamed for crimes they didn't commit

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    What part of blacks representing 50% of the nation's wrongful convictions confuses you?
    What percent of lawful convictions do they comprise?
    Those who are willing to surrender their freedom for security have always demanded
    …it should also be taken from those not prepared to do so.- F.A. Hayek

  5. #45
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,109

    Re: Why African Americans are blamed for crimes they didn't commit

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Blacks make up nearly 50% of all wrongful convictions--that means half of the cases where we know the jury got it wrong involve black people who make up only 12% of the population. Imagine how many there are now sitting in prisons who do not get their wrongful convictions overturned.

    Why are black people our legal scapegoats? Because institutional racism sees blacks as criminals. Even today, as the riots run rampant, most people blame black people for the violence, even though much evidence points to whites breaking windows and starting the fires.

    It comes down to some simple math Calamity. Here are the FBI tables showing a breakdown of crimes.

    FBI — Table 21

    If blacks are making up half of the crimes, then naturally, on average, they will get about half the wrongful convictions.

    My father told me when I was a young man that there are two things to avoid in life to be happy, The healthcare system and the court system. He is absolutely correct. I have been involved with each of these systems a few brief moments in my life and I did not enjoy either of them.

    FBI — Table 21

  6. #46
    Privileged


    calamity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    121,990

    Re: Why African Americans are blamed for crimes they didn't commit

    Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    It comes down to some simple math Calamity. Here are the FBI tables showing a breakdown of crimes.

    FBI — Table 21

    If blacks are making up half of the crimes, then naturally, on average, they will get about half the wrongful convictions.

    My father told me when I was a young man that there are two things to avoid in life to be happy, The healthcare system and the court system. He is absolutely correct. I have been involved with each of these systems a few brief moments in my life and I did not enjoy either of them.

    FBI — Table 21
    Our dads think alike. I remember receiving much the same advice.
    ByeDon 2020

  7. #47
    I am the pretty one.
    TobyOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,969

    Re: Why African Americans are blamed for crimes they didn't commit

    We see in NY that violence was pre planned and coordinated by antifa. Looks like the game plan for all cities:

    - Rasied bail money before rioting
    - recruited medics
    - direted attacks against high end stores in wealthy areas
    - bike scouts and encrypted communication

    NYPD’S Terrorism Chief Says Unnamed Groups Planned Protest Violence in Advance – NBC New York
    Last edited by TobyOne; 05-31-20 at 11:20 PM.

  8. #48
    Professor
    SoCal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,401

    Re: Why African Americans are blamed for crimes they didn't commit

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
    What percent of lawful convictions do they comprise?
    You can deflect, but it's the disparities between blacks and whites that's the point;

    For murders, researchers found not just that black people were more likely than white people to be wrongfully convicted, but that innocent black people spent more time in prison before they were exonerated:

    “Judging from exonerations, innocent black people are about seven times more likely to be convicted of murder than innocent white people.”

    “African Americans imprisoned for murder are more likely to be innocent if they were convicted of killing white victims.
    "Only about 15% of murders by African Americans have white victims, but 31% of innocent African-American murder exonerees were convicted of killing white people.”

    “The convictions that led to murder exonerations with black defendants were 22% more likely to include misconduct by police officers than those with white defendants.”

    “Exonerations of innocent murder defendants take longer if the defendant is black, 14.2 years on average, than if he is white, 11.2 years. For death row exonerations in the Registry the average delays and the difference by race are larger, 16 years for black defendants and 12 years for whites”


    When white fathers have, "the talk" with their sons, it's about sex. When black fathers have, "the talk" with their sons, it's about how white cops will perceive and treat them when they grow big enough to pose a physical threat...
    Trump replied, "Americans [Trumpers] were saying that the two-term constitutional limit on presidents should be repealed"

  9. #49
    Every job is essential
    Bullseye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    22,201

    Re: Why African Americans are blamed for crimes they didn't commit

    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal View Post
    You can deflect, but it's the disparities between blacks and whites that's the point;

    For murders, researchers found not just that black people were more likely than white people to be wrongfully convicted, but that innocent black people spent more time in prison before they were exonerated:

    “Judging from exonerations, innocent black people are about seven times more likely to be convicted of murder than innocent white people.”

    “African Americans imprisoned for murder are more likely to be innocent if they were convicted of killing white victims.
    "Only about 15% of murders by African Americans have white victims, but 31% of innocent African-American murder exonerees were convicted of killing white people.”

    “The convictions that led to murder exonerations with black defendants were 22% more likely to include misconduct by police officers than those with white defendants.”

    “Exonerations of innocent murder defendants take longer if the defendant is black, 14.2 years on average, than if he is white, 11.2 years. For death row exonerations in the Registry the average delays and the difference by race are larger, 16 years for black defendants and 12 years for whites”


    When white fathers have, "the talk" with their sons, it's about sex. When black fathers have, "the talk" with their sons, it's about how white cops will perceive and treat them when they grow big enough to pose a physical threat...
    There's far more at play here than just the race of the accused and the victim.
    Those who are willing to surrender their freedom for security have always demanded
    …it should also be taken from those not prepared to do so.- F.A. Hayek

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    06-04-20 @ 10:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,236

    Re: Why African Americans are blamed for crimes they didn't commit

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
    There's far more at play here than just the race of the accused and the victim.
    Yep. But serious studies constantly find that the USA has a problem with systemic racism. Not surprising that happened when women just those in the photo below are the mothers of some of today's Americans Just look at the hatred in their eyes, for no other reason than the colour of a child's skin.




    Or guys just like this, dressing up the family, and taking them for a a car ride:




    Is it any wonder Trump's primary campaign strategy of using racism to build his base has worked so well? Is it any wonder that with people like this making decisions, blacks are much more likely to be convicted when innocent? Is it any wonder so many Americans deny the racism that is all around them?


    EDIT: Look at the message on the side of the car. Sounds almost identical to what we hear from so much of Trump's base. "We're the ones who really want to help blacks! Just let us keep the systemic racism!" Dang, some things never change eh.
    Last edited by JustHanging; 06-01-20 at 02:21 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •