Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 315

Thread: The MSM and the hydroxychloroquine pack treatment

  1. #1
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Last Seen
    05-20-20 @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,120

    The MSM and the hydroxychloroquine pack treatment

    There is a huge difference between the way the corrupt liberal MSM have "reported" on the hydroxychloroquine pack treatment and the way the conservative media have reported it.

    The corrupt liberal MSM have discounted its possible effectiveness, if not trashed it have vastly exaggerated its minimal risks.

    And they have trashed Trump for recommending it.

    Who got it right? Not the hate-Trump corrupt liberal MSM.

    Who are actual doctors listening to? Not the corrupt liberal MSM.

    Our nation's doctors have seen and heard enough to believe that hydroxychloroquine is a game changer in the fight against COVID-19. Katie reported on a new survey from Jackson & Coker that showed an overwhelming majority of doctors would prescribe hydroxychloroquine or another anti-malaria drug to a family member suffering from coronavirus. The survey questioned 1,271 doctors in 50 states.

    "Sixty-five percent of physicians across the United States said they would prescribe the anti-malaria drugs chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine to treat or prevent COVID-19 in a family member," the survey read. "Only 11 percent said they would not use the drug at all."
    Survey Shows Overwhelming Majority of Doctors Would Prescribe Hydroxychloroquine to a Family Member With Wuhan Coronavirus

  2. #2
    Sage
    JasperL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    43,408

    Re: The MSM and the hydroxychloroquine pack treatment

    Quote Originally Posted by Termn8or View Post
    There is a huge difference between the way the corrupt liberal MSM have "reported" on the hydroxychloroquine pack treatment and the way the conservative media have reported it.

    The corrupt liberal MSM have discounted its possible effectiveness, if not trashed it have vastly exaggerated its minimal risks.

    And they have trashed Trump for recommending it.

    Who got it right? Not the hate-Trump corrupt liberal MSM.

    Who are actual doctors listening to? Not the corrupt liberal MSM.
    Nice job! "corrupt liberal MSM" appears 4 times in five lines! I hope you have a shortcut for that term - time saver.

    Just a FWIW, not that it matters to you, but a survey of doctors about whether they'd take or give the drug isn't evidence that the drug combo is effective. Bottom line is we don't yet know whether it's effective at all, and/or more or less effective than the many other drugs also in clinical trials, including several HIV drugs and their cousins. It's gotten a lot more media attention, and it's widely available, and for most people it's pretty safe, so a doctor willing to try something he or she can probably obtain in the absence of other meds is rational enough, but that's not evidence of any kind it works, much less is the miracle cure that some people are suggesting.

  3. #3
    A Little Bitter

    Mr Person's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    33,492

    Re: The MSM and the hydroxychloroquine pack treatment

    Quote Originally Posted by Termn8or View Post
    There is a huge difference between the way the corrupt liberal MSM have "reported" on the hydroxychloroquine pack treatment and the way the conservative media have reported it.

    The corrupt liberal MSM have discounted its possible effectiveness, if not trashed it have vastly exaggerated its minimal risks.

    And they have trashed Trump for recommending it.

    Who got it right? Not the hate-Trump corrupt liberal MSM.

    Who are actual doctors listening to? Not the corrupt liberal MSM.
    What a wonderful way to telegraph that you are about to regurgitate propaganda. You even bolded it for us! Thanks.

  4. #4
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:36 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,620

    Re: The MSM and the hydroxychloroquine pack treatment

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Nice job! "corrupt liberal MSM" appears 4 times in five lines! I hope you have a shortcut for that term - time saver.

    Just a FWIW, not that it matters to you, but a survey of doctors about whether they'd take or give the drug isn't evidence that the drug combo is effective. Bottom line is we don't yet know whether it's effective at all, and/or more or less effective than the many other drugs also in clinical trials, including several HIV drugs and their cousins. It's gotten a lot more media attention, and it's widely available, and for most people it's pretty safe, so a doctor willing to try something he or she can probably obtain in the absence of other meds is rational enough, but that's not evidence of any kind it works, much less is the miracle cure that some people are suggesting.
    maybe not, but why widely oppose its use like the MSM when it COULD help people? Trump bad?

  5. #5
    Sometimes wrong
    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,241

    Re: The MSM and the hydroxychloroquine pack treatment

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Nice job! "corrupt liberal MSM" appears 4 times in five lines! I hope you have a shortcut for that term - time saver.

    Just a FWIW, not that it matters to you, but a survey of doctors about whether they'd take or give the drug isn't evidence that the drug combo is effective. Bottom line is we don't yet know whether it's effective at all, and/or more or less effective than the many other drugs also in clinical trials, including several HIV drugs and their cousins. It's gotten a lot more media attention, and it's widely available, and for most people it's pretty safe, so a doctor willing to try something he or she can probably obtain in the absence of other meds is rational enough, but that's not evidence of any kind it works, much less is the miracle cure that some people are suggesting.
    One of the reasons that we can't know (by law/rule) whether such treatments are (or are not) effective for COVID-19 is that the 'certification' process often takes years. What we can (and should) know is whether those taking a prescription drug for it's currently approved uses are experiencing greatly different hospitalization and/or death rates from COVID-19 exposure.

    We have a control group (most people) and we have a well defined group of folks taking these prescription drugs for other reasons. Some of those "experts" talking about making "data driven" responses might at least examine that available data before falling back on we have no way of knowing (without looking at data).
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  6. #6
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American Refugee in Europe
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,466

    Re: The MSM and the hydroxychloroquine pack treatment

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypothetical View Post
    maybe not, but why widely oppose its use like the MSM when it COULD help people? Trump bad?
    That's not how medicine or science works. We don't decide the effectiveness of a treatment based on Trump's whims. Trump is not a doctor. If it is a scientifically legit treatment for covid it will be tested and recommended by actual professionals.

    The criticism here is that Trump shouldn't be recommending medicines, doctors and scientists should be and it should be scientifically sound. You intentionally mischarachterized that because you have an agenda.

  7. #7
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    05-26-20 @ 11:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,343

    Re: The MSM and the hydroxychloroquine pack treatment

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    That's not how medicine or science works. We don't decide the effectiveness of a treatment based on Trump's whims. Trump is not a doctor. If it is a scientifically legit treatment for covid it will be tested and recommended by actual professionals.

    The criticism here is that Trump shouldn't be recommending medicines, doctors and scientists should be and it should be scientifically sound. You intentionally mischarachterized that because you have an agenda.
    Here is why I differ from Fauci on this. By definition we can't have a drug approved by the FDA for a brand new disease. So he as a rigid bureaucrat refuses to sign off on the drug does. My sense is your point is more political than scientific.

    That being said we are in a race to save lives. We have cratered the economy to do just that. We do have anecdotal evidence that this drug may work and we know the people who should not take it due to side effects. I feel Fauci is doing the medical profession harm with his self-promotion. He should he heeding the edit. DO NO HARM. Warning people not to take this drug may well kill thousands who could have been saved by taking it,versus virtually none who would be harmed by taking this with a doctor's approval.

  8. #8
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Middle Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,331

    Re: The MSM and the hydroxychloroquine pack treatment

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypothetical View Post
    maybe not, but why widely oppose its use like the MSM when it COULD help people? Trump bad?

    Because Trump mentioned it ...

    April 8, 2020 - AG Barr: "... “Before the president said anything about it, there was fair and balanced coverage of this very promising drug and the fact that it had such a long track record, and soon as [President Trump] said something positive about it the media has been on a jihad to discredit this drug,” Mr. Barr said in an interview with Fox News’ Laura Ingharam. “It’s quite strange.” ..."
    6/13/2016 - Obama advisor David Plouffe:
    "It is not enough to simply beat Trump. He must be destroyed thoroughly. His kind must not rise again."

  9. #9
    Sage
    JasperL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    43,408

    Re: The MSM and the hydroxychloroquine pack treatment

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypothetical View Post
    maybe not, but why widely oppose its use like the MSM when it COULD help people? Trump bad?
    I'm unable to respond to vague claims about someone without a name in the "MSM" who allegedly "oppose its use." I haven't seen anyone "oppose its use" but rather object to unproved and evidence free claims of it being a miracle cure with 100% effectiveness, etc.

  10. #10
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Last Seen
    05-20-20 @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: The MSM and the hydroxychloroquine pack treatment

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Termn8or View Post
    There is a huge difference between the way the corrupt liberal MSM have "reported" on the hydroxychloroquine pack treatment and the way the conservative media have reported it.

    The corrupt liberal MSM have discounted its possible effectiveness, if not trashed it have vastly exaggerated its minimal risks.

    And they have trashed Trump for recommending it.

    Who got it right? Not the hate-Trump corrupt liberal MSM.

    Who are actual doctors listening to? Not the corrupt liberal MSM.
    Nice job! "corrupt liberal MSM" appears 4 times in five lines! I hope you have a shortcut for that term - time saver.
    I think it more than a little important to point out that journalism is all but dead, as the MSM practice it.

    It's liberal anti-Trump propaganda, with lots of lies mixed in.

    You don't think that of high importance to the country? How many Americans fall for it? Certainly most liberals do.

    Just a FWIW, not that it matters to you, but a survey of doctors about whether they'd take or give the drug isn't evidence that the drug combo is effective.
    A survey of doctors absolutely is indirect evidence, because it's their job to follow studies and treatment to determine what to give their patients.

    Amazing how far liberals will go to deny the obvious.

    Bottom line is we don't yet know whether it's effective at all, and/or more or less effective than the many other drugs also in clinical trials, including several HIV drugs and their cousins. It's gotten a lot more media attention, and it's widely available, and for most people it's pretty safe, so a doctor willing to try something he or she can probably obtain in the absence of other meds is rational enough, but that's not evidence of any kind it works, much less is the miracle cure that some people are suggesting.
    No one "knows" because there won't be proof for some time yet.

    And one doctor who I believe has treated the most patients with it has said definitively that it's a "game changer."

    And again, who promoted this treatment, and who trashed it?

    It's look like Fox and the conservative media were correct, and the liberal MSM appalling wrong.

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •