Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 78

Thread: ex-intelligence official Malcolm Nance describes process of turning trump supporters into a cult

  1. #21
    global liberation


    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    106,699

    Re: ex-intelligence official Malcolm Nance describes process of turning trump supporters into a cult

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    The might be one of the better descriptions of the deplorables I have yet seen.
    When they defend him, they defend themselves.

  2. #22
    Big Scary Liberal
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Akron
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    36,229

    Re: ex-intelligence official Malcolm Nance describes process of turning trump supporters into a cult

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    When they defend him, they defend themselves.
    Oh I know...

    Instead of self improvement, they want to bring the country down to their level.
    "This is America - and here, right matters."

    - Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, Director for European Affairs for the United States National Security Council

  3. #23
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    14,399

    Re: ex-intelligence official Malcolm Nance describes process of turning trump supporters into a cult

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig234 View Post
    Al Franken has a podcast, and he and Nance talk for an hour, about trump and Russians largely. It's the first time I've heard someone describe the brainwashing of trump supporters and turning them into a blindly unquestioning cult as an intentional act, rather than just 'something that happened' as a mystery.

    They get into that topic somewhat from a compliment for trump by Franken, when Franken says trump does have a real talent, that he saw things in how to manipulate the American people that Franken had not seen - I've made a similar comment.

    Franken mentions watching the first trump-Hillary debate thinking trump was a disaster, and felt relieved it had wiped out trump's chances to win, and was surprised when many did not see it that way. They talk about the cult issues - as well as the Russian hacking and how Nance suspects trump is a longtime Russian asset.

    Nance talks a bit about this grooming of a cult as longtime Russian procedure they'd developed for developing support from populations of nations they controlled. Franken refers to it as being 'completely tribal', gaining complete loyalty by telling 40% their tribe will win and be in power, the other 60% don't matter. It fits a lot of what we see from trump and his cult.

    Intelligence Expert Malcolm Nance Makes the Convincing Case that Trump is a Russian Asset AlFranken.com
    You sure they weren't talking about the Democrats? The Obama messiah ring a bell anyone?
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  4. #24
    global liberation


    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    106,699

    Re: ex-intelligence official Malcolm Nance describes process of turning trump supporters into a cult

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    Oh I know...

    Instead of self improvement, they want to bring the country down to their level.
    A cult of personality is all about pretending to be a commoner, and Trump needn't pretend. Trump is the modern inferior man.

  5. #25
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: ex-intelligence official Malcolm Nance describes process of turning trump supporters into a cult

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig234 View Post
    Al Franken has a podcast, and he and Nance talk for an hour, about trump and Russians largely. It's the first time I've heard someone describe the brainwashing of trump supporters and turning them into a blindly unquestioning cult as an intentional act, rather than just 'something that happened' as a mystery.

    They get into that topic somewhat from a compliment for trump by Franken, when Franken says trump does have a real talent, that he saw things in how to manipulate the American people that Franken had not seen - I've made a similar comment.

    Franken mentions watching the first trump-Hillary debate thinking trump was a disaster, and felt relieved it had wiped out trump's chances to win, and was surprised when many did not see it that way. They talk about the cult issues - as well as the Russian hacking and how Nance suspects trump is a longtime Russian asset.

    Nance talks a bit about this grooming of a cult as longtime Russian procedure they'd developed for developing support from populations of nations they controlled. Franken refers to it as being 'completely tribal', gaining complete loyalty by telling 40% their tribe will win and be in power, the other 60% don't matter. It fits a lot of what we see from trump and his cult.

    Intelligence Expert Malcolm Nance Makes the Convincing Case that Trump is a Russian Asset AlFranken.com


    That Russian "procedure" has worked well in Ukraine, where pro-Russian military groups in Crimea quickly took over the govt and then two pro-Russian areas of eastern Ukraine. All by invitation from then President Yanukovych, who was later found guilty of treason by Ukraine after fleeing to Russia by invitation from Trump buddy Putin.

  6. #26
    Big Scary Liberal
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Akron
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    36,229

    Re: ex-intelligence official Malcolm Nance describes process of turning trump supporters into a cult

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    A cult of personality is all about pretending to be a commoner, and Trump needn't pretend. Trump is the modern inferior man.
    in terms of ego and self assessment, perhaps

    I shy away from those terms in terms of actual human assessment.
    "This is America - and here, right matters."

    - Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, Director for European Affairs for the United States National Security Council

  7. #27
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:38 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,467

    Re: ex-intelligence official Malcolm Nance describes process of turning trump supporters into a cult

    Quote Originally Posted by snakestretcher View Post
    It's simpler than that; they're too ****ing stupid and mentally challenged to figure stuff out for themselves. All truth comes from Trump, and that, as far as they are concerned, is all that matters.

    "I love the poorly educated" ['because I can easily manipulate them and make them believe my lies']

    The 'Chosen One' has spoken.
    most don't love him, they merely hate the Dems stupid assed platform of squashing the bill of rights, open borders and free healthcare for illegals.

  8. #28
    global liberation


    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    106,699

    Re: ex-intelligence official Malcolm Nance describes process of turning trump supporters into a cult

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    in terms of ego and self assessment, perhaps

    I shy away from those terms in terms of actual human assessment.
    There's nothing wrong with judging a human inferior. It's the qualifications that matter. By all qualification, Trump is an obese moron. He is inferior. He's an insecure tiny dicked idiot that got along in life because of daddy's money.

    And every uneducated stupid fat ugly piece of **** in the country wants to suck his mushroom dick to feel better about their own.

  9. #29
    Sage
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,290

    Re: ex-intelligence official Malcolm Nance describes process of turning trump supporters into a cult

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypothetical View Post
    most don't love him, they merely hate the Dems stupid assed platform of squashing the bill of rights, open borders and free healthcare for illegals.
    It's not about love, but brainwashing, which you show you are a victim of.

  10. #30
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    03-19-20 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    20,772
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: ex-intelligence official Malcolm Nance describes process of turning trump supporters into a cult

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    You sure they weren't talking about the Democrats? The Obama messiah ring a bell anyone?
    Iirc, the 'Obama messiah' business was a thing Rush Limbaugh made up.

    I may be wrong.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •