Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 61

Thread: Question

  1. #51
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,441

    Re: Question

    How are the Biden's relevant witnesses to the impeachment charges? Like i said there are no witnesses that can defend Trump of any of the charges he is accused of or he would have called them. When a defendant has no defense his only alternative is to throw himself on the mercy of the court. That is exactly what Trump is doing.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
    - Voltaire

  2. #52
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,441

    Re: Question

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    When did Trump plead guilty?...lol
    He has offered no defense and not one witness or document that would defend him. Even his own lawyers have not claimed he was innocent of the charges. What does that sound like to you?
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
    - Voltaire

  3. #53
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Flori-duh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,181

    Re: Question

    If that were true the republicans would be screaming it from trump's mountaintop.
    When I stop answering you, there's a reason.......repeat, When I stop answering you, there's a reason.

  4. #54
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    115,703

    Re: Question

    Quote Originally Posted by bongsaway View Post
    If that were true the republicans would be screaming it from trump's mountaintop.
    You're lying if you say it isn't true.
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    Che fought for freedom
    Quote Originally Posted by HumblePi View Post
    Only those indicted and found guilty by the Grand Jury.

  5. #55
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    115,703

    Re: Question

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    He has offered no defense and not one witness or document that would defend him. Even his own lawyers have not claimed he was innocent of the charges. What does that sound like to you?
    The burden of proof is on the accusers. Not the accused.
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    Che fought for freedom
    Quote Originally Posted by HumblePi View Post
    Only those indicted and found guilty by the Grand Jury.

  6. #56
    Sage
    Royal PITA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    9,444

    Re: Question

    Quote Originally Posted by bongsaway View Post
    You are charged with murder. You're sitting in the courtroom and things aren't looking good for you. Your defense attorney is about to rest his case when he gets word there is a witness out there who can exonerate you.

    Are you going to argue with you lawyer this person shouldn't testify because all the witnesses have already testified. Hell no you're not going to do that and yet all we keep hearing from the right is all the witnesses have already been called.

    I guess you'll be going to death row, I'll visit.
    Of course a person would use such witnesses. OTOH, if the witness could have such a criminal convicted, they'd probably have the witness whacked since the State can't kill the criminal twice.
    To Be Conservative - Senator Barry Goldwater, September 1981
    Aviation chat threat
    FYI: I don't debate trolls, minors or those unable to act like a sane adult

  7. #57
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,441

    Re: Question

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The burden of proof is on the accusers. Not the accused.
    The "burden" has been met by 17 witnesses and leaked documents. Trump has not contested any of their testimony with his own witnesses. Trump is throwing himself on the "mercy" of his partisan Republican Senators who he expects will acquit a man with no defense and a legal team that also does not contest his guilt.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
    - Voltaire

  8. #58
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Northern Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,562

    Re: Question

    Too bad that guys testimony contradicts Mr. Trump's reason that it was about corruption.

    But yeah, Schiff rigged this. It sounds more like he did Trump a favor.

  9. #59
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Northern Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,562

    Re: Question

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The "burden" has been met by 17 witnesses and leaked documents. Trump has not contested any of their testimony with his own witnesses. Trump is throwing himself on the "mercy" of his partisan Republican Senators who he expects will acquit a man with no defense and a legal team that also does not contest his guilt.
    'We don't think we should even be here, let alone listen to anyone/anything that can change our minds because we shouldn't be here anyway.'

    What could be more fair?

    (/s)

  10. #60
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    115,703

    Re: Question

    Quote Originally Posted by less right View Post
    Too bad that guys testimony contradicts Mr. Trump's reason that it was about corruption.

    But yeah, Schiff rigged this. It sounds more like he did Trump a favor.
    Presenting false evidence did Trump a favor?
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    Che fought for freedom
    Quote Originally Posted by HumblePi View Post
    Only those indicted and found guilty by the Grand Jury.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •