Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 98

Thread: Trump's Senate impeachment hearings will be driven by the GOP's fear

  1. #51
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Northern Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,562

    Re: Trump's Senate impeachment hearings will be driven by the GOP's fear

    Quote Originally Posted by Slavister View Post
    Actually, logic dictates that if we cannot impeach Trump, all future President's will be free to bribe foreign countries for their own political motives.
    They won't be so limited.

    Future Presidents can just call 'absolute immunity' or 'hoax' and refuse to cooperate with any investigation. That's the precedent being set.

  2. #52
    Sage Condor060's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Charlotte
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,073

    Re: Trump's Senate impeachment hearings will be driven by the GOP's fear

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    I swear to god, Trump must have Hoover-style blackmail folders on every republican in D.C.; probably some democrats as well.

    That's the only thing that makes sense, if you think about it. Why else would hundreds of republicans who showed signs of sanity in 2015 through early 2016 suddenly lose their minds the minute Trump ends up as the GOP nominee?
    So we have two choices. Either these hundreds of Republicans who showed sanity in 2015 and a few Democrats are now all involved in a mass conspiracy to help Trump take down the United States

    OR

    The same Democrats who
    Lied about Trump being a planted Russian asset
    Lied about Kavanaugh being an alcoholic high school serial rapist
    Lied about all Trumps loans are cosigned by Russian oligarchs
    Lied about having conclusive evidence of Trump working with Russian to effect the outcome of an election
    Lied about Trump having billions on loan from Russia
    Who refused to allow any opposing witnesses
    Who refused to allow Republicans their minority day
    Who held closed depositions to weed out opposing testimony
    Who only had hearsay witnesses

    Are just lying again.

    Think I'll go with occums razor on this one.

  3. #53
    Proud AmeriCAN
    Irwin Corey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,583

    Re: Trump's Senate impeachment hearings will be driven by the GOP's fear

    Quote Originally Posted by longview View Post
    Logic would dictate that if they want Trump our of office so bad, just wait, and Vote him out in November.
    Going through with the Impeachment is not only a waste of time, but could ensure that Trump gets reelected.
    Actually, OUR Founders ran that logic, and came up with impeachment. What they feared, left to periodic elections, there would be no way to get rid of a unscrupulous official that used the power of his office to perpetuate his office; Federalist 65.

    Sound familiar?
    Last edited by Irwin Corey; 01-21-20 at 07:01 AM.
    I will not entertain the notion that Donald Trump's vision of the world can ever prevail, that one evil man can erase thousands of years of the evolution of civilized society.
    A GREAT America is an America that makes the MOST AmeriCANs ... GREAT!!

  4. #54
    Proud AmeriCAN
    Irwin Corey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,583

    Re: Trump's Senate impeachment hearings will be driven by the GOP's fear

    Quote Originally Posted by Condor060 View Post
    So we have two choices. Either these hundreds of Republicans who showed sanity in 2015 and a few Democrats are now all involved in a mass conspiracy to help Trump take down the United States

    OR

    The same Democrats who
    Lied about Trump being a planted Russian asset
    Lied about Kavanaugh being an alcoholic high school serial rapist
    Lied about all Trumps loans are cosigned by Russian oligarchs
    Lied about having conclusive evidence of Trump working with Russian to effect the outcome of an election
    Lied about Trump having billions on loan from Russia
    Who refused to allow any opposing witnesses
    Who refused to allow Republicans their minority day
    Who held closed depositions to weed out opposing testimony
    Who only had hearsay witnesses

    Are just lying again.

    Think I'll go with occums razor on this one.
    Wow! You're picking the less complicated first choice; either that or you don't know how the Occam's Razor Principal works.

    Entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity

    Occam’s razor | Origin, Examples, & Facts | Britannica
    You're complicated and unsubstantiated second choice, according to Occam's Razor, discount's itself.

    BTW, IMHO, the only one that's lying is you; if not outright unsupportable lies your list of accusations obfuscate the truth.
    I will not entertain the notion that Donald Trump's vision of the world can ever prevail, that one evil man can erase thousands of years of the evolution of civilized society.
    A GREAT America is an America that makes the MOST AmeriCANs ... GREAT!!

  5. #55
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    23,770

    Re: Trump's Senate impeachment hearings will be driven by the GOP's fear

    Quote Originally Posted by Slavister View Post
    We have a free country, and you are free to believe that every other President extorted other governments to dig up dirt on their reelection opponents, as well that global warming is a Chinese hoax, and Earth is flat.



    Election will be tainted by Trump welcoming interference from Russia, China, so-far-failed attempts in Ukraine, and God knows whoever else. The whole reason to Impeach him is to get some shot at a fair election. The whole thing is trying to prevent him and Moscow Mitch (who is not letting all voting security bills to pass through) from rigging 2020 election.
    As I said believe as you wish, but the only election tampering I am seeing is the democrats trying to use impeachment
    as a tool to disenfranchise voters who did and will likely vote for trump.

  6. #56
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    23,770

    Re: Trump's Senate impeachment hearings will be driven by the GOP's fear

    Quote Originally Posted by Irwin Corey View Post
    Actually, OUR Founders ran that logic, and came up with impeachment. What they feared, left to periodic elections, there would be no way to get rid of a unscrupulous official that used the power of his office to perpetuate his office; Federalist 65.

    Sound familiar?
    Except that we amended the constitution to limit Presidents to two terms.
    It was an unwritten rule, until a democrat, FDR, decided he was above precedent.
    Ether way we have an election in 11 months, and there is no evidence that Trump attempted to corrupt the election process.
    Again if so many people want Trump gone, let the voice of the people be heard!

  7. #57
    Sage
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,005

    Re: Trump's Senate impeachment hearings will be driven by the GOP's fear

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    I swear to god, Trump must have Hoover-style blackmail folders on every republican in D.C.; probably some democrats as well.

    That's the only thing that makes sense, if you think about it. Why else would hundreds of republicans who showed signs of sanity in 2015 through early 2016 suddenly lose their minds the minute Trump ends up as the GOP nominee?
    OR these people watch candidates who oppose Trump get their asses beat in special elections, and realize Trump is extremely popular, and if they don't back him, they'll lose their asses too.

    You leftwingers who constantly get it wrong wonder why Trump eats your lunch.

  8. #58
    Proud AmeriCAN
    Irwin Corey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,583

    Re: Trump's Senate impeachment hearings will be driven by the GOP's fear

    Quote Originally Posted by longview View Post
    Except that we amended the constitution to limit Presidents to two terms.
    It was an unwritten rule, until a democrat, FDR, decided he was above precedent.
    Ether way we have an election in 11 months, and there is no evidence that Trump attempted to corrupt the election process.
    Again if so many people want Trump gone, let the voice of the people be heard!
    I'm just telling you what the Founders reasoning for impeachment was.

    No doubt FDR was and egotist, I'm not sure that I agree he made a unilateral decision to break with tradition though; we were in the throws of the worst economic crisis in the history of the world and a Second World War. I think a good case can be made that he did a good job of getting us through both as well as anyone could have and better than most, and, changing horses mid stream, at least as likely as not, wouldn't have served us well.

    There has been quite a bit of evidence and testimony under oath to the point that tRump did in fact "attempt to corrupt the election process", and, in the process tried to corrupt a nation for whom our foreign policy goals have been to end corruption. In contrast there has been zero evidence and testimony, under oath, presented, at tRumps direction, to prove his innocence.

    Yes well, so far, the process to impeach tRump has been in accordance with the Constitution, the voice of the people, by representation, IS being heard. But, apparently, Moscow Mitch's goal is to subvert and pervert that.
    Last edited by Irwin Corey; 01-21-20 at 09:57 AM.
    I will not entertain the notion that Donald Trump's vision of the world can ever prevail, that one evil man can erase thousands of years of the evolution of civilized society.
    A GREAT America is an America that makes the MOST AmeriCANs ... GREAT!!

  9. #59
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    23,770

    Re: Trump's Senate impeachment hearings will be driven by the GOP's fear

    Quote Originally Posted by Irwin Corey View Post
    I'm just telling you what the Founders reasoning for impeachment was.

    No doubt FDR was and egotist, I'm not sure that I agree he made a unilateral decision to break with tradition though; we were in the throws of the worst economic crisis in the history of the world and a Second World War. I think a good case can be made that he did a good job of getting us through both as well as anyone could have and better than most, and, changing horses mid stream, at least as likely as not, wouldn't have served us well.

    There has been quite a bit of evidence and testimony under oath to the point that tRump did in fact "attempt to corrupt the election process", and, in the process tried to corrupt a nation for whom our foreign policy goals have been to end corruption. In contrast there has been zero evidence and testimony, under oath, presented, at tRumps direction, to prove his innocence.

    Yes well, so far, the process to impeach tRump has been in accordance with the Constitution, the voice of the people, by representation, IS being heard. But, apparently, Moscow Mitch's goal is to subvert and pervert that.
    I guess we will get to see, but I think the evidence you speak of does not meet the criteria of actual evidence.
    Perhaps we will get to hear from the whistle blower, or even Hunter Biden.

  10. #60
    Advisor element94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    565

    Re: Trump's Senate impeachment hearings will be driven by the GOP's fear

    Quote Originally Posted by longview View Post
    Logic would dictate that if they want Trump our of office so bad, just wait, and Vote him out in November.
    Going through with the Impeachment is not only a waste of time, but could ensure that Trump gets reelected.
    It wouldn't be a waste of time if the Republican Senate had a spine.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •