Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: Parnas is right about one thing, Trump has created a serious political weapon in Barr!

  1. #1
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,849

    Parnas is right about one thing, Trump has created a serious political weapon in Barr!

    Parnas said that people in washington have become afraid of Barr because if you say something bad or try to go after Trump. Trumpo will simply sic Barr on you and nobody, probably even the Pope has a totally clean record. So by using Barr and by having Barr willing to do so,Trump has created a serious political weapon in Barr and the DOJ. I guess GOpers and Trumpsters will say that every president has requested investigations, but none were for strictly political reasons and none that did not end up in a political firestorm for the president that initiated the investigation.

  2. #2
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    53,656

    Re: Parnas is right about one thing, Trump has created a serious political weapon in Barr!

    Quote Originally Posted by independentusa View Post
    Parnas said that people in washington have become afraid of Barr because if you say something bad or try to go after Trump. Trumpo will simply sic Barr on you and nobody, probably even the Pope has a totally clean record. So by using Barr and by having Barr willing to do so,Trump has created a serious political weapon in Barr and the DOJ. I guess GOpers and Trumpsters will say that every president has requested investigations, but none were for strictly political reasons and none that did not end up in a political firestorm for the president that initiated the investigation.
    Who has Trump sicced Barr on?
    TANSTAAFL
    When I "dismiss" you it only means that I have determined that further discussion is useless or counter-productive. Don't take it personally. Go ahead and have your last word...and move on.

  3. #3
    Sage
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    8,463

    Re: Parnas is right about one thing, Trump has created a serious political weapon in Barr!

    Quote Originally Posted by independentusa View Post
    Parnas said that people in washington have become afraid of Barr because if you say something bad or try to go after Trump. Trumpo will simply sic Barr on you
    Probably the most infamous American lawyer of the 20th century was McCarth's aide Roy Cohn - so of course trump knew him, was guided by him, and as president was looking for 'his Roy Cohn' and found him. Robert Kennedy almost got into a fight with him working for McCarthy and left the committee.

  4. #4
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,132

    Re: Parnas is right about one thing, Trump has created a serious political weapon in Barr!

    Quote Originally Posted by independentusa View Post
    Parnas said that people in washington have become afraid of Barr because if you say something bad or try to go after Trump. Trumpo will simply sic Barr on you and nobody, probably even the Pope has a totally clean record. So by using Barr and by having Barr willing to do so,Trump has created a serious political weapon in Barr and the DOJ. I guess GOpers and Trumpsters will say that every president has requested investigations, but none were for strictly political reasons and none that did not end up in a political firestorm for the president that initiated the investigation.
    ... for example?

    IF EVERYTHING IS IMPORTANT THEN NOTHING IS

  5. #5
    Visual Opportunist
    Tanngrisnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    No longer Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,598

    Re: Parnas is right about one thing, Trump has created a serious political weapon in Barr!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Who has Trump sicced Barr on?
    You should really endeavor to inform yourself of current events. You'll ask less silly questions that way.

    William Barr is Going After Trump’s Enemies One by One
    Well, he see this one particularly hot chick and not does she bag he slackjawed, but he lets a "Whoa" slip out

  6. #6
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    53,656

    Re: Parnas is right about one thing, Trump has created a serious political weapon in Barr!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanngrisnir View Post
    You should really endeavor to inform yourself of current events. You'll ask less silly questions that way.

    William Barr is Going After Trump’s Enemies One by One
    LOL!!

    You present an article that cites an article by Wittes from Lawfare, which is comprised of the very people who have been instrumental in trying to prevent Trump from winning the 2016 election by using the power of the corrupt Obama administration and when that didn't work, they hooked up with the corrupt Dem House to continue the attacks which are going on to this very day.

    And you think this is reality?

    Wittes, being intimately joined at the hip with Comey, is doing everything he can to keep attention off of him...by making up nonsense about Trump.

    The fact is, Barr's investigations are justified because of criminal and corrupt actions of the Obama administration...not because Trump told him to investigate his enemies.
    TANSTAAFL
    When I "dismiss" you it only means that I have determined that further discussion is useless or counter-productive. Don't take it personally. Go ahead and have your last word...and move on.

  7. #7
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    St. Louis
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,914

    Re: Parnas is right about one thing, Trump has created a serious political weapon in Barr!

    Quote Originally Posted by independentusa View Post
    Parnas said that people in washington have become afraid of Barr because if you say something bad or try to go after Trump. Trumpo will simply sic Barr on you and nobody, probably even the Pope has a totally clean record. So by using Barr and by having Barr willing to do so,Trump has created a serious political weapon in Barr and the DOJ. I guess GOpers and Trumpsters will say that every president has requested investigations, but none were for strictly political reasons and none that did not end up in a political firestorm for the president that initiated the investigation.
    What Trump has done with AG Barr and DOJ is beyond the pale. Trump has weaponized the DOJ to serve his political motivations and self-interest. I thought Bush and former AG Alberto Gonzales crossed the line with their interference in DOJ investigations, but this is a whole other level. This is what third-rate dictators around the world do every day. This is a scary time for this country.

    If Trump survives impeachment or the 2020 election, God help this country.

  8. #8
    Visual Opportunist
    Tanngrisnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    No longer Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,598

    Re: Parnas is right about one thing, Trump has created a serious political weapon in Barr!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    LOL!!

    You present an article that cites an article by Wittes from Lawfare, which is comprised of the very people who have been instrumental in trying to prevent Trump from winning the 2016 election by using the power of the corrupt Obama administration and when that didn't work, they hooked up with the corrupt Dem House to continue the attacks which are going on to this very day.
    LOL! And you cannot dispute a single factual thing he stated. All you can do is bloviate about non-existant corruption that you cannot demonstrate. ^^^ True twumpian magical thinking in actions!

    And you think this is reality?
    Yes. It's nothing you seem to recognize.

    Wittes, being intimately joined at the hip with Comey, is doing everything he can to keep attention off of him...by making up nonsense about Trump.

    The fact is, Barr's investigations are justified because of criminal and corrupt actions of the Obama administration...not because Trump told him to investigate his enemies.
    The truth is you cannot cite any such corruption and the IG found nothing.

    You lose. Again.
    Well, he see this one particularly hot chick and not does she bag he slackjawed, but he lets a "Whoa" slip out

  9. #9
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    53,656

    Re: Parnas is right about one thing, Trump has created a serious political weapon in Barr!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanngrisnir View Post
    LOL! And you cannot dispute a single factual thing he stated. All you can do is bloviate about non-existant corruption that you cannot demonstrate. ^^^ True twumpian magical thinking in actions!

    Yes. It's nothing you seem to recognize.

    The truth is you cannot cite any such corruption and the IG found nothing.

    You lose. Again.
    I can't dispute a single factual thing he stated because none of it is factual. It's all spin and nonsense.

    Actually, the IG found lots of corruption and Durham is finding even more.
    TANSTAAFL
    When I "dismiss" you it only means that I have determined that further discussion is useless or counter-productive. Don't take it personally. Go ahead and have your last word...and move on.

  10. #10
    Visual Opportunist
    Tanngrisnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    No longer Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,598

    Re: Parnas is right about one thing, Trump has created a serious political weapon in Barr!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I can't dispute a single factual thing he stated because none of it is factual. It's all spin and nonsense.
    A laughable bare assertion that you cannot support. Not like you ever have.

    Actually, the IG found lots of corruption and Durham is finding even more.
    No, he didn't. To assert that he did is to admit to lying. Nothing was found that would in any material was affected the investigation in a legal manner or call its origin into question. It's right there in the report. The report you haven't and never will read.

    And you have no idea what Durham has found. To assert that you do is to admit to lying.

    This grows boring.
    Well, he see this one particularly hot chick and not does she bag he slackjawed, but he lets a "Whoa" slip out

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •