Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Conservative Commentator: Women cannot use swords

  1. #1
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    556

    Conservative Commentator: Women cannot use swords

    This is one of the funniest things I have ever heard. Andrew Klavan of the Ben Shapiro's Daily Wire network did a review of the Netflix Show, The Witcher. What was his big complaint about the show, which helped him lose his interest? Forget about the stuff of magic, elves or witches. What lost his interest was the fact that a female character used a sword during a battle sequence. In his view, women cannot use swords and would lose every battle. That was the unrealistic part to him, in a fantasy show about magic and elves. I am not a sword-smith expert, but I saw the reaction to people who studied swords throughout human history, and every one of them, called what he said ridiculous and pointed out that the average sword is not 5-10 pounds (as Klavan claims), but between 2 to 3.5 pounds, and there are a lot of historic women sword fighters like Joan of Arc.

    Would you consider this sexist? Below is the video. Enjoy your humor of the day.


  2. #2
    global liberation


    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    103,238

    Re: Conservative Commentator: Women cannot use swords

    Klavan has been nominated for the Edgar Award five times and has won twice.
    Andrew Klavan - Wikipedia

  3. #3
    Professor
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:12 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,415

    Re: Conservative Commentator: Women cannot use swords

    Klaven is a fool about this.
    Russian trolls and their supporters go on Ignore, automatically: no second chance.

  4. #4
    A Little Bitter
    Mr Person's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    30,088

    Re: Conservative Commentator: Women cannot use swords

    If swords weighed 10 lbs, battles would be fought in one to two minute intervals.

    All right, break time guys.

  5. #5
    Professor swing_voter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    'Murica
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:42 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,805

    Re: Conservative Commentator: Women cannot use swords

    Men have much greater upper body strength in general. A man's grip is something like 30x that of a woman's in general.

    A lot of media ignores this like it's a good thing.

  6. #6
    global liberation


    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    103,238

    Re: Conservative Commentator: Women cannot use swords

    Quote Originally Posted by swing_voter View Post
    Men have much greater upper body strength in general. A man's grip is something like 30x that of a woman's in general.

    A lot of media ignores this like it's a good thing.
    The heroine isn't an average woman. She's a hero. Why do you presume she has the strength of an average woman? Plenty of women are stronger than some men.

  7. #7
    Professor
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,911

    Re: Conservative Commentator: Women cannot use swords

    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherFease View Post
    and there are a lot of historic women sword fighters like Joan of Arc.
    Joan of Arc was never personally in a sword-fight. You would know this if you knew what you were talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatNews2night View Post
    the sky is falling...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxistleninist View Post
    goyim are subhuman
    Quote Originally Posted by CaughtInThe View Post
    i think shifting the tax burden down to poor Republicans is a great idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    our founders were racist pieces of **** cocksuckers

  8. #8
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    02-24-20 @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,656

    Re: Conservative Commentator: Women cannot use swords

    Quote Originally Posted by swing_voter View Post
    Men have much greater upper body strength in general. A man's grip is something like 30x that of a woman's in general.

    A lot of media ignores this like it's a good thing.
    30x? link? Upper body strength isn't all there is to sword fighting. There's also speed, reflexes, timing and strategy.

  9. #9
    Professor
    Dayton3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Smackover, AR.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,340

    Re: Conservative Commentator: Women cannot use swords

    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherFease View Post
    This is one of the funniest things I have ever heard. Andrew Klavan of the Ben Shapiro's Daily Wire network did a review of the Netflix Show, The Witcher. What was his big complaint about the show, which helped him lose his interest? Forget about the stuff of magic, elves or witches. What lost his interest was the fact that a female character used a sword during a battle sequence. In his view, women cannot use swords and would lose every battle. That was the unrealistic part to him, in a fantasy show about magic and elves. I am not a sword-smith expert, but I saw the reaction to people who studied swords throughout human history, and every one of them, called what he said ridiculous and pointed out that the average sword is not 5-10 pounds (as Klavan claims), but between 2 to 3.5 pounds, and there are a lot of historic women sword fighters like Joan of Arc.

    Would you consider this sexist? Below is the video. Enjoy your humor of the day.

    Joan of Arc never killed anyone.

  10. #10
    Respected on both sides

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    62,853

    Re: Conservative Commentator: Women cannot use swords

    Klaven is correct. I’ve never once seen my wife use a sword. If she tried she would almost certainly be terrible with it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •