Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 251

Thread: Where is the Tea Party??

  1. #241
    Ugly bag of mostly water
    it's just me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,221

    Re: Where is the Tea Party??

    Quote Originally Posted by Nickyjo View Post
    You are obviously unclear on the concept of insurance.
    You are obviously unclear on what I am clear on.
    "Political bias optional, conformity a MUST!"

  2. #242
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,301

    Re: Where is the Tea Party??

    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    You are obviously unclear on what I am clear on.
    What are you talking about? If you don’t get back everything you contributed and I get back more, that’s the way insurance works. I don’t get it: do you want to get rid of Medicare, Social Security, etc., because some benefit more from their contributions than others? What is your point?

  3. #243
    Sage
    CaughtInThe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:44 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,963

    Re: Where is the Tea Party??

    Anybody?

  4. #244
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,910

    Re: Where is the Tea Party??

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
    Obama "cut taxes" and then made everyone buy overpriced healthcare or pay fines.

    A new lie to cover up for your original lie, huh? Classic Trumpist behavior.
    Let's be clear:
    1. You claimed that "if Obama ever cut taxes"...you'd give him credit for it. I pointed out that Obama did in FACT cut taxes, yet you responded with more derision AND another lie.
    2. Your second lie is that "Obama made everyone buy overpriced healthcare or pay fines. In FACT, Obamacare insurance options only applied to 5-8% of the public. And 85% of the people who purchased insurance through the Obamacare marketplace received subsidies which meant they were paying BELOW market value for BETTER insurance than previously. In FACT, only 3% of Americans paid higher premiums due to plans purchased in the Obamacare marketplace.

    We weren't "plunging towards a depression, in fact that economy bottomed out five months after he took office
    Silly comment. The market's bottomed out during Bush's Great Recession in March of 2009, just 2 months into Obama's 1st term, and BEFORE the Stimulus was passed. Unemployment during the Bush Recession bottomed out in Oct 2009. Perhaps you're thinking that the economy bottomed out 5 months after Obama took office because that's when you attended your first Tea Party meeting? Regardless, the FACT is that when Obama took office in January, the economy was headed for a Depression. The economy was losing 700-800 thousand jobs per month, the 3 of the 5 major banks were at, or near, insolvency, and the markets were in an absolute nosedive. Even conservative economists agree that Obama saved the U.S. economy (and the world) from a 2nd Major Depression. And while you recollection of recent history is specious, at best, that that is not arguable.

    Obama EVEN TOLD US that high unemployment and slow economic growth was the "new normal"
    Another fake news LIE. Obama NEVER told (or even suggested) to ANYONE that high UE and slow growth were the "new normal". You're either repeating the fake news you read/watch/hear...or you're just lying. Hard to say which. In FACT, Obama warned AGAINST allowing the trend of high unemployment in a growing economy, due to businesses hiring fewer employees to do the same work as before the Bush Recession. So that's what...your 3rd LIE in this response, already? It's always easy to see when someone has been "educated" by the FakeNews media.


    The UE on the data Obama was sworn in for his second term was 8.0% When he was sworn in in 2009 it was 7.8%
    ...and when he left office is was 4.9%. How "convenient" of you to forget that most important part, huh? No credible economist still argues against Obama's record in restoring the U.S. economy.

    And no, Trump didn't inherit a "robust" economy he inherited on struggling to make 1.6% GDP growth and a stock market that had gained a little over 1000 points in two years.
    You and approximately ZERO economists agree with this drivel. The FACT is that Trump did inherit a strong economy from Obama. The ONLY economic indicator that has done anything other than sstay on the same created by Obama...is the stock market, which has benefited tremendously from Trump's tax cuts. Every other major statistic (UE, GDP, median incomes, etc.) has simply maintained the trend that Trump inherited from the Obama economy.
    Unemployment

    GDP Growth

    Non-farm Payroll Growth

    Median Household Income

    S&P 500

    Federal Deficit


    So let's be clear about this: Trump has done little except ride the coattails of the economy he inherited from Barack Obama. That's not arguable. He's just a saleman, a con-artist, whose schtick appeals to low-information types. And that, too, is not arguable.

    I'd suggest you follow your own advice in that last sentence and check the facts before disgorging empty LW talking points.
    No, I had it right the first time. You need to check your facts and stop relying upon fake news for your "facts". As you can see, above, fake news makes fools out of it's followers. The difference between you and I is that when I say you are spewing ignorant RW talking points....I can back it up.
    Last edited by ultmd; 03-23-20 at 09:23 PM.

  5. #245
    Conservatarian Guru
    Bullseye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,357

    Re: Where is the Tea Party??

    Quote Originally Posted by ultmd View Post

    A new lie to cover up for your original lie, huh? Classic Trumpist behavior.
    Let's be clear:
    1. You claimed that "if Obama ever cut taxes"...you'd give him credit for it. I pointed out that Obama did in FACT cut taxes, yet you responded with more derision AND another lie.
    2. Your second lie is that "Obama made everyone buy overpriced healthcare or pay fines. In FACT, Obamacare insurance options only applied to 5-8% of the public. And 85% of the people who purchased insurance through the Obamacare marketplace received subsidies which meant they were paying BELOW market value for BETTER insurance than previously. In FACT, only 3% of Americans paid higher premiums due to plans purchased in the Obamacare marketplace.


    Silly comment. The market's bottomed out during Bush's Great Recession in March of 2009, just 2 months into Obama's 1st term, and BEFORE the Stimulus was passed. Unemployment during the Bush Recession bottomed out in Oct 2009. Perhaps you're thinking that the economy bottomed out 5 months after Obama took office because that's when you attended your first Tea Party meeting? Regardless, the FACT is that when Obama took office in January, the economy was headed for a Depression. The economy was losing 700-800 thousand jobs per month, the 3 of the 5 major banks were at, or near, insolvency, and the markets were in an absolute nosedive. Even conservative economists agree that Obama saved the U.S. economy (and the world) from a 2nd Major Depression. And while you recollection of recent history is specious, at best, that that is not arguable.


    Another fake news LIE. Obama NEVER told (or even suggested) to ANYONE that high UE and slow growth were the "new normal". You're either repeating the fake news you read/watch/hear...or you're just lying. Hard to say which. In FACT, Obama warned AGAINST allowing the trend of high unemployment in a growing economy, due to businesses hiring fewer employees to do the same work as before the Bush Recession. So that's what...your 3rd LIE in this response, already? It's always easy to see when someone has been "educated" by the FakeNews media.



    ...and when he left office is was 4.9%. How "convenient" of you to forget that most important part, huh? No credible economist still argues against Obama's record in restoring the U.S. economy.


    You and approximately ZERO economists agree with this drivel. The FACT is that Trump did inherit a strong economy from Obama. The ONLY economic indicator that has done anything other than sstay on the same created by Obama...is the stock market, which has benefited tremendously from Trump's tax cuts. Every other major statistic (UE, GDP, median incomes, etc.) has simply maintained the trend that Trump inherited from the Obama economy.
    Unemployment

    GDP Growth

    Non-farm Payroll Growth

    Median Household Income

    S&P 500

    Federal Deficit


    So let's be clear about this: Trump has done little except ride the coattails of the economy he inherited from Barack Obama. That's not arguable. He's just a saleman, a con-artist, whose schtick appeals to low-information types. And that, too, is not arguable.


    No, I had it right the first time. You need to check your facts and stop relying upon fake news for your "facts". As you can see, above, fake news makes fools out of it's followers. The difference between you and I is that when I say you are spewing ignorant RW talking points....I can back it up.
    Sorry that you wasted all this time, but when you can me a liar in the first sentence the rest of your bull**** loses any value.
    Obama: High unemployment and slow growth are the new normal
    Trump: No they're not

  6. #246
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,910

    Re: Where is the Tea Party??

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
    Sorry that you wasted all this time, but when you can me a liar in the first sentence the rest of your bull**** loses any value.
    Nice whine.

    Of course, I didn't call you a liar. I did point out that your previous remarks were lies and popular fake-news/right-wing talking points. The difference is important.

    But I get it. You're playing the victim card because you can't rebut. You got caught posting lies, repeatedly, and it's easier to feign indignation than to admit you posted lies, repeatedly, in your previous remarks.

    So let's end this the way I started it: Trump has done little except ride the coattails of the economy he inherited from Barack Obama. That's not arguable. He's just a saleman, a con-artist, whose schtick appeals to low-information types. And that, too, is not arguable.

    Enjoy the links. Feel free to own up to your previous dishonest fake-news talking points, at your convenience.

  7. #247
    Conservatarian Guru
    Bullseye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,357

    Re: Where is the Tea Party??

    Quote Originally Posted by ultmd View Post
    Nice whine.

    Of course, I didn't call you a liar. I did point out that your previous remarks were lies and popular fake-news/right-wing talking points. The difference is important.

    But I get it. You're playing the victim card because you can't rebut. You got caught posting lies, repeatedly, and it's easier to feign indignation than to admit you posted lies, repeatedly, in your previous remarks.

    So let's end this the way I started it: Trump has done little except ride the coattails of the economy he inherited from Barack Obama. That's not arguable. He's just a saleman, a con-artist, whose schtick appeals to low-information types. And that, too, is not arguable.

    Enjoy the links. Feel free to own up to your previous dishonest fake-news talking points, at your convenience.
    Not playing any card, just stating facts. Obama's economy was wheezing and gasping in 2016, he'd ridden the post-recession bounce back as far as he could and his policies were dragging the economy down. GDP of 1.6% in Obama's last year is hardly a "coattail" to ride, more like a bad stench to get rid of. Which is why the stock markets surged upward the day after Trump won.
    Obama: High unemployment and slow growth are the new normal
    Trump: No they're not

  8. #248
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,910

    Re: Where is the Tea Party??

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
    Not playing any card, just stating facts. Obama's economy was wheezing and gasping in 2016, he'd ridden the post-recession bounce back as far as he could and his policies were dragging the economy down. GDP of 1.6% in Obama's last year is hardly a "coattail" to ride, more like a bad stench to get rid of. Which is why the stock markets surged upward the day after Trump won.
    Oh, look....you're back. What a surprise (not really). In my last remarks, I again noted that your previous remarks were LIES, just as I did in the post you pretended to be offended by. So...I wonder what changed? I guess it's much easier for someone like you to respond to a post that doesn't contain numerous links and FACTS that you can't rebut. This way, you can pretend to just "move on" without making a fool of yourself (or just lying some more) in response to that evisceration I posted earlier, huh?

    That's fine. We both understand what just happened.

    Now, to respond to your latest fake-news drivel...

    Let's be clear: "Obama's economy was wheezing and gasping in 2016..."....is a personal opinion. Like a lot of right-wingers, you don't know the difference between FACT and OPINION...an ignorant opinion that you STILL haven't backed up with links or data. You won't do that, because you CAN'T do it. And we both know that, at this point.

    As for GDP:
    • -Trump has been president for almost 12 quarters now. The average GDP under Trump for the first 11 (Q1 2020 is TBA) has been: 2.56
    • -Obama's last 12 quarters, the GDP was: 2.56


    And GDP is just one common measurable for the economy. More importantly, ECONOMISTS of all stripes, conservative to liberal, ALL agree that Trump's economy has been nothing more than a continuation of the Obama economy.

    Forbes: Trump's Economic Growth over his first 3 Years is Slower than Obama's Last 3 Years
    Over the 12 quarters Trump has been President only four of them have had GDP growth over 3% and six of the quarter’s growth was 2.3% or lower. And for the past three quarters GDP growth has been 2.0%, 2.1% and 2.1%, respectively. This is a far cry from Trump’s claim that the economy could growth 4%, 5% or maybe even 6% when he was President.

    Under Trump business investment has turned negative the past three quarters and is negative or essentially flat when the impact of inventory changes are taken into account.

    A better metric to use than the GDP growth rate that is reported each quarter is the change year over year. The main reason is that quarterly results take the quarter-to-quarter change and multiples it by four. This means that any component having a stronger or weaker result in a quarter can create a yearly number that is not a good indicator of the real economy.

    When Obama took office he inherited an economy that was in the teeth of the Great Recession. In 2009 personal consumption dropped 2.5% year over year and business investment fell off a cliff, down 21.2%. Both segments recovered and started the current 10-year plus economic expansion. Obama’s last three years had better growth than Trump’s three years

    Using the same GDP metric of consumer spending plus business investment adjusted for inventory changes, Obama’s last three years in office had growth rates of at least 2.17% and as high as 3.06%.

    For Trump the high point was 2.83% in 2018 when the tax cut seems to have had the largest impact and even fell short of Obama’s 2014 and 2015 growth rates of 3.06% and 3.05%, respectively.

    In 2019 the adjusted growth rate was only 1.99%. This is less than Obama’s three last years in office and less than five of his last six years.

    I use the timeframe of Obama’s last three years to compare to Trump’s three years since they had similar economic environments and are not distorted by the Great Recession.


    MarketWatch: Trump Didn't Transform the Economy. It's Mostly the Same As It Was Under Obama
    By most measures, the economy of today is little changed from the economy he inherited in early 2017. Job growth is a little slower, but gross domestic product (GDP) growth is a little faster.

    And that’s really good news for Trump. There is no shame in keeping the economy on a gradual, upward glide path. It’s nearly impossible for a president’s policies to radically improve the U.S. economy, but there are many ways for a president to mess it up.

    Despite Trump’s desperation to juice the economy with tax cuts, spending increases and interest-rate cuts from the Federal Reserve, there’s been only a modest and temporary uptick in the growth rate.
    Last edited by ultmd; 03-24-20 at 03:38 PM.

  9. #249
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Last Seen
    03-27-20 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,395

    Re: Where is the Tea Party??

    Tea party has always been just standard Republican voters. They got bent out of shape when a half black guy was elected, and re-elected president, so they held "rallies" with racist signs and such. Now that a Republican is president again, they are silent, even though that Republican president clearly doesn't give a **** about debt, spending, and deficits (like other Republicans before him). They'll probably be back when the next Democrat is elected president.

  10. #250
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,910

    Re: Where is the Tea Party??

    Quote Originally Posted by Puigb View Post
    Tea party has always been just standard Republican voters. They got bent out of shape when a half black guy was elected, and re-elected president, so they held "rallies" with racist signs and such. Now that a Republican is president again, they are silent, even though that Republican president clearly doesn't give a **** about debt, spending, and deficits (like other Republicans before him). They'll probably be back when the next Democrat is elected president.
    Exactly.

    And Bullseye, the "Conservatarian Guru" has quietly exited the thread.


Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •