Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 91

Thread: If you saw someone in public wearing a MAGA hat, would you say or do anything to that person?

  1. #71
    global liberation


    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    102,848

    Re: If you saw someone in public wearing a MAGA hat, would you say or do anything to that person?

    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredUSN View Post

    She said ten percent (generalize, grossly) of Trump supporters are a bigot of some sort (the basket of deplorables of which she gave examples).

    Is that you? Or are you the other basket she talks about.

  2. #72
    Generally Inadvisable

    Checkerboard Strangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    29,663
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: If you saw someone in public wearing a MAGA hat, would you say or do anything to that person?

    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredUSN View Post
    I am well aware of what she said and when she said it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxical View Post
    Putin would make a better president than Hillary.
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    It IS NOT the job of the United States government to protect reporters overseas. It IS the job the United States government to preserve the freedom of the press here in the US.

  3. #73
    Generally Inadvisable

    Checkerboard Strangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    29,663
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: If you saw someone in public wearing a MAGA hat, would you say or do anything to that person?

    Quote Originally Posted by Torus34 View Post
    In response to the question; it depends. If we're standing together in a supermarket check-out line, I might strike up the same conversation I would with someone not wearing a MAGA hat. I distinguish between people and political positions. Each of us is infinitely more than just a rooter for this or that political party. In other words, the hat would have no effect on what I would or would not do or say.
    I did run into an old guy at the VA Hospital here in Long Beach who was proudly sporting his MAGA hat.
    But we had been engaged in a discussion about music, not politics.
    But toward the end, he made a veiled reference to the fact that he was putting himself in a tough spot, what with all the scary leftists running around and him wearing his hat.

    I looked directly into his eyes and told him,

    "I am one of those leftists although I generally just think of myself as an ordinary Democrat, and I have not once mentioned your hat.
    We are not monsters....you like Donald Trump and I don't. This is America, we're supposed to differ on stuff sometimes, and we have the right to do that."

    "Well alright then."

    That's all he said, and with a tip of his hat, off he went.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxical View Post
    Putin would make a better president than Hillary.
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    It IS NOT the job of the United States government to protect reporters overseas. It IS the job the United States government to preserve the freedom of the press here in the US.

  4. #74
    Educator
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Staten Island, NY USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,075

    Re: If you saw someone in public wearing a MAGA hat, would you say or do anything to that person?

    Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard Strangler View Post
    I did run into an old guy at the VA Hospital here in Long Beach who was proudly sporting his MAGA hat.
    But we had been engaged in a discussion about music, not politics.
    But toward the end, he made a veiled reference to the fact that he was putting himself in a tough spot, what with all the scary leftists running around and him wearing his hat.

    I looked directly into his eyes and told him,

    "I am one of those leftists although I generally just think of myself as an ordinary Democrat, and I have not once mentioned your hat.
    We are not monsters....you like Donald Trump and I don't. This is America, we're supposed to differ on stuff sometimes, and we have the right to do that."

    "Well alright then."

    That's all he said, and with a tip of his hat, off he went.
    Well said.
    "And gladly wolde he lerne and gladly teche." Chaucer, the Canterbury Tales.

  5. #75
    Sage
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    8,424

    Re: If you saw someone in public wearing a MAGA hat, would you say or do anything to that person?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grandpappy View Post
    I won't wear the MAGA hat just anywhere, and so far, I haven't put any Trump stickers on my car. That's because there are some who would very likely key the car or do some other stupid thing.
    It's a sad state of affairs for sure.
    I wouldn't even consider keying a car Bernie/ Coexist/rainbow flag stickers.
    I live in the Bay Area with several million, and am proud to say I have never once seen pro-trump items. If I saw a person with a MAGA hat, I'd be disgusted by it, but respect their right and wouldn't 'do anything' unless it was to talk to them civilly about how I think they're wrong. Hell, *I* have a MAGA hat - but it's in Russian.


  6. #76
    Sage
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    8,424

    Re: If you saw someone in public wearing a MAGA hat, would you say or do anything to that person?

    Quote Originally Posted by SCrider View Post
    I'll never understand why anyone would buy political swag.
    To show support for something. I've had a Quaker sign, saying "Friends for Peace", in my window for decades.

  7. #77
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,937

    Re: If you saw someone in public wearing a MAGA hat, would you say or do anything to that person?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grandpappy View Post
    I won't wear the MAGA hat just anywhere, and so far, I haven't put any Trump stickers on my car. That's because there are some who would very likely key the car or do some other stupid thing.
    It's a sad state of affairs for sure.
    I wouldn't even consider keying a car Bernie/ Coexist/rainbow flag stickers.
    No, I'm a pretty "live and let live" type of person. Others are welcome to express their political opinions on their clothes, or their car or whatever. I might think they're idiots, but I'm not going to say or do anything to them.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  8. #78
    Guru
    j brown's body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,568

    Re: If you saw someone in public wearing a MAGA hat, would you say or do anything to that person?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grandpappy View Post
    I won't wear the MAGA hat just anywhere, and so far, I haven't put any Trump stickers on my car. That's because there are some who would very likely key the car or do some other stupid thing.
    It's a sad state of affairs for sure.
    I wouldn't even consider keying a car Bernie/ Coexist/rainbow flag stickers.
    Well it is a shame, mostly because it is a well-known symbol of division and hatred, like wearing a Klan hood.

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    02-04-20 @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    11,484

    Re: If you saw someone in public wearing a MAGA hat, would you say or do anything to that person?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grandpappy View Post
    I won't wear the MAGA hat just anywhere, and so far, I haven't put any Trump stickers on my car. That's because there are some who would very likely key the car or do some other stupid thing.
    It's a sad state of affairs for sure.
    I wouldn't even consider keying a car Bernie/ Coexist/rainbow flag stickers.
    Coexist isn't political until you make it political. Rainbow flag stickers aren't political until you make them political. Of course, if you're the authoritarian type, other folks' life choices are your business, right? Exerting your moral fiat on them, does that make the authoritarian feel good? I don't know, I am not an authoritarian.

    I've had my sanders sticker scraped off my truck, more than once. I've never damaged anyone's property, and wouldn't do so. However, don't pretend this problem only exists on one side. My old hometown is not safe territory. It's totally sold its soul to the dear leader and they are hell bent on showing their support, up to and including property damage and destruction.

  10. #80
    Guru
    j brown's body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,568

    Re: If you saw someone in public wearing a MAGA hat, would you say or do anything to that person?

    Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard Strangler View Post
    I did run into an old guy at the VA Hospital here in Long Beach who was proudly sporting his MAGA hat.
    But we had been engaged in a discussion about music, not politics.
    But toward the end, he made a veiled reference to the fact that he was putting himself in a tough spot, what with all the scary leftists running around and him wearing his hat.

    I looked directly into his eyes and told him,

    "I am one of those leftists although I generally just think of myself as an ordinary Democrat, and I have not once mentioned your hat.
    We are not monsters....you like Donald Trump and I don't. This is America, we're supposed to differ on stuff sometimes, and we have the right to do that."

    "Well alright then."

    That's all he said, and with a tip of his hat, off he went.
    They live in a bubble.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •