Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 58

Thread: So we're occupying Iraq?

  1. #41
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,400

    Re: So we're occupying Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesmoke View Post
    We pre-emptively invaded Iraq. The first pre-emptive military strike in our history. We had no evidence to support invasion. Aluminum tubes, yellow cake, moving WMD labs. This notion that the American people are smart is BS. All of the people can be fooled at any one time. Like you. Or, did you oppose invading Iraq? Or, looking back, do you think invading Iraq was disastrous?
    There was evidence, which you should know. We found the storage facility years later. They had shipped everything across the border to Syria and scrubbed the site.

    Looking back, invading was not disastrous. It was expensive but the situation was manageable. Leaving as we did was the disaster, especially because we left the weapons for ISIS to grab.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,137

    Re: So we're occupying Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    None of what you say here actually happened, not even according to the story you linked to, which has its own problems.

    A session of the Iraqi parliament which barely had a quorum (and by some accounts, didn't even have a quorum) because it was boycotted by pro-American Sunnis and Kurds voted for a non-binding resolution to urge the PM to ask us to leave. Iraq has not actually asked us to leave.
    A cited article, another link from another poster below, and all you can say is "nuh uh, not true" and provide no citations

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig234 View Post
    How does a 170-0 vote of a 328-member body not constitute a quorum? Yes, the minority Sunnis and Kurds generally want the US to stay but didn't vote to say so, and the majority, pro-Iran Shiites want the US to leave. And? Actually, the Prime Minister of Iraq has asked the US to leave, following the vote of the parliament, binding or not.

    Iraq asks U.S. to make plans to withdraw forces

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,137

    Re: So we're occupying Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by Obscurity View Post
    Thanks for demonstrating yet again your refusal to be honest in this discussion.

    Your president lied.

    To you.

    On a personal level.
    LOL No argument, no citations, others provide citations, revert to trolling and whining about attacks LOL

  4. #44
    Sage
    Fledermaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Peoples Republic of California AKA Taxifornia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    59,556

    Re: So we're occupying Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sampson Simpson View Post
    LOL No argument, no citations, others provide citations, revert to trolling and whining about attacks LOL
    Projection.
    'All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.'

    Douglas Adams

  5. #45
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,533

    Re: So we're occupying Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by Obscurity View Post
    Not relevant. Your pick for president -lied- when he said he wanted to end this nonsense in the middle east, and Pompeo now blatantly admits we're not leaving.

    Doesn't it suck for your pick for president to lie, and sleaze his way into earning your vote with blatant falsehoods?
    So you donít think the op being wrong about the basic facts that he use to start this thread is relevant in the thread started by the op

    Wow TDS is a hell of a disease.
    President Franklin Roosevelt eulogized a fallen American Soldier by saying, ďHe stands in the unbroken line of patriots who have dared to die [that] freedom might live, and grow, and increase its blessings. Freedom lives, and through it he lives--in a way that humbles the undertakings of most men."

  6. #46
    Professor
    Dayton3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Smackover, AR.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,293

    Re: So we're occupying Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by less right View Post
    We're energy independent now. We've obliterated the caliphate. What are our national interests in the middle east that require occupying Iraq?
    Nature abhors a vacuum. Especially a power vacuum.

  7. #47
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,533

    Re: So we're occupying Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by Obscurity View Post
    I couldn't care less how you feel. Your president lied.

    He lied RIGHT TO YOUR FACE, and you dare tell me it's nonsense?

    LMAO.

    Wow.
    Can you point out the president that hasnít lied to your face.

  8. #48
    Professor
    Dayton3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Smackover, AR.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,293

    Re: So we're occupying Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfDaedalus View Post
    Your entire argument is that they didn't officially ask us to leave. That's technically true.

    But the Prime Minister asked us to meet with him to discuss preparing to leave.

    We threatened to hit them with sanctions if they asked us to leave.

    Your argument is semantics. We're clearly an occupying force using both military and economic coercion to remain in the country.
    What's wrong with that. They owe us for getting rid of the Hussein regime.

  9. #49
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Northern Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,562

    Re: So we're occupying Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dayton3 View Post
    Nature abhors a vacuum. Especially a power vacuum.
    Like Syria.

  10. #50
    Professor
    Dayton3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Smackover, AR.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,293

    Re: So we're occupying Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by less right View Post
    Like Syria.
    We should never have pulled out of Syria.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •