Page 50 of 68 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 677

Thread: Immediate Threat is a Lie!

  1. #491
    Sage
    Moderate Right's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    40,715

    Re: Immediate Threat is a Lie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Luckyone View Post
    I think you need to learn to read.
    You guys can't make up your mind. First you say Trump is an immediate threat then, even during the Iran crisis, you purposely withheld the articles to delay the trial. Guess Trump wasn't such an immediate threat after all.

  2. #492
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Last Seen
    01-31-20 @ 07:03 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    464

    Re: Immediate Threat is a Lie!

    Quote Originally Posted by jnug View Post
    OK so you really want somebody to point this out to you. I tried to give your idiot question some context. But no, you won't have any of it.

    Your's is a LOADED question. It assumes that the best option available to the administration was to assassinate Soliemani and that is an absurd assumption to make. It is painfully clear for example that the "maximum pressure" campaign is a complete failure that has not and will not force Iran back to the negotiating table. Trump's smartest move might have been to relieve some of the sanctions pressure to get them back. But of course Donald won't do that because it would suggest the truth, that he had no earthly idea what he was getting into when he ripped up the JCPOA. But nobody was going to prevent Donald from ripping into more of Obama's policy initiatives especially if it gave him an opportunity to play the bully.

    So, no I have no interest in answering a LOADED question that assumes Donald knew what the frig he was doing in the first place and goes on to assume that there was anything in this assassination that was in the National Security Interests of the United States. A poster this weekend more than suggested that the assassination was about revenge. I am not comfortable about revenge against the government official of a sovereign nation we have not declared war upon being a predicate for overt assassination but at least that was an honest answer. None of the administration's Imminent Threat arguments are going anywhere and they are up to about explanation #25 by now.

    The evidence is pretty compelling that Donald had no earthly idea what he was doing from the minute he ripped up the JCPOA to this one for one thing. For another, the War Powers Act is designed to keep Presidents from going off half cocked to make a political splash among other things, to make the so called "bold move". It should be apparent that the administration did not have an Imminent Threat case that they could make and didn't EVEN TRY before or after the assassination. They have been speaking in tongues for 10 days and STILL don't have a reasoned argument they can make.

    So sorry, yours is a loaded question that adds nothing to the discussion. Keep peddling it all you want. Nobody has answered it yet and I doubt anybody will as it is loaded with the worst kinds of assumptions. Anybody ASSUMING Donald has a clue with regard to Iran policy has headed off on an impossible mission.
    Liberals have made another mountain out of a molehill -- or they've tried. Susan Rice said in an interview that Soleimani was also on the Obama Administration's "list" but that, as far as she knew, they never had the opportunity to take him out.

    Gaddafi wasn't an "imminent threat," and yet Obama led the bombing to take him out.

    Consistency and hypocrisy cannot coexist.

  3. #493
    Guru
    Mongidig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,792

    Re: Immediate Threat is a Lie!

    Quote Originally Posted by jnug View Post
    Which of course even if true has nothing to do with the policy initiatives or even the National Security Interests of the United States. Troopers have their function in a combat zone. Their opinions, they keep to themselves for obvious reasons.
    The number one priority of the President is to keep his citizens safe. This requires that he keeps his troops safe. The President took out a terrorist known to have orchestrated numerous attacks on American troops over the course of many years. There was no indication that he was going to stop with these terrorist attacks anytime soon. Even if it's not true that the President has intelligence indicating an attack was planned and imminent for a specific target, history shows that one is not far away. Maybe the President is lying. I don't know. I do like the bottom line results.
    Last edited by Mongidig; 01-13-20 at 10:23 AM.

  4. #494
    Temp Suspended

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    north carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    24,955

    Re: Immediate Threat is a Lie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Luckyone View Post
    Update! Additional Proof that Trump has no respect for established laws and is a pathological liar!



    This breaking piece of news shows that Trump has no respect for our laws and no respect for anyone other than himself. Our intelligence agencies (which by the way, he has disparaged greatly in the past) gave Trump the option (and reasons for) of killing Soleimani 7 months ago. Trump should have taken this to the "gang of eight" and gotten approval for the killing. If the reasons for the killing were valid and everyone here seems to think so, he would have gotten the approval he needed and by doing that would have assured himself that the decision was likely the "right one" no matter the consequences that might follow.

    It has been proven over the years that the gang of eight do not leak information and therefore there was no reason to break the law (War Powers act) by not getting approval before "doing the deed". Trump then lied about there being "imminent" danger. The danger has been the same for a long time and it has been a good reason for killing the man, nonetheless there was no "imminent" new threat.

    Evidently, Trump not only has no respect for the law (that stating that acts such as this have to be approved by Congress before being done) but has no respect for the "gang of eight" that are part of our established form of government that has served us well for 244 years.

    It goes to prove once more that our entire nation's future is dependent on the decisions of one man and that is not what our forefathers ever wanted.

    I rest my case.
    President Trump is doing great while his pissant enemies sit on the sidelines and criticize his every move. May God help America if these disgruntled pissants ever take over the US government.

  5. #495
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    02-04-20 @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    11,484

    Re: Immediate Threat is a Lie!

    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    My question wasn't about Trump it was this:
    How many Americans do you let die before you fight back? Answer it or please stop wasting my time.
    Zero. We stop fighting back, and bring them all home.

    I am not a supporter of our illegal occupation of sovereign nations.

    Apaprently you are.

  6. #496
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    02-04-20 @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    11,484

    Re: Immediate Threat is a Lie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Luckyone View Post
    Update! Additional Proof that Trump has no respect for established laws and is a pathological liar!



    This breaking piece of news shows that Trump has no respect for our laws and no respect for anyone other than himself. Our intelligence agencies (which by the way, he has disparaged greatly in the past) gave Trump the option (and reasons for) of killing Soleimani 7 months ago. Trump should have taken this to the "gang of eight" and gotten approval for the killing. If the reasons for the killing were valid and everyone here seems to think so, he would have gotten the approval he needed and by doing that would have assured himself that the decision was likely the "right one" no matter the consequences that might follow.

    It has been proven over the years that the gang of eight do not leak information and therefore there was no reason to break the law (War Powers act) by not getting approval before "doing the deed". Trump then lied about there being "imminent" danger. The danger has been the same for a long time and it has been a good reason for killing the man, nonetheless there was no "imminent" new threat.

    Evidently, Trump not only has no respect for the law (that stating that acts such as this have to be approved by Congress before being done) but has no respect for the "gang of eight" that are part of our established form of government that has served us well for 244 years.

    It goes to prove once more that our entire nation's future is dependent on the decisions of one man and that is not what our forefathers ever wanted.

    I rest my case.
    These "Officials" need to come forward. I am sick and tired of this game.

    Anonymous needs to be a patriot.

    Come out now. The admin is a major threat. Let's end this charade.

  7. #497
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,197

    Re: Immediate Threat is a Lie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mongidig View Post
    The number first priority of the President is to keep his citizens safe. This requires that he keeps his troops safe.
    You know a good way to keep troops safe? Withdraw them from occupying foreign countries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logical1 View Post
    Which is greater, the life of the baby or a womans "rights"??????
    Quote Originally Posted by Praxas
    Yes, we know that you don't care Trump bragged about walking in on underage girls naked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And that bothers you because????????

  8. #498
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:03 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,509

    Re: Immediate Threat is a Lie!

    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    No you pointed out where your version of my question qualifies. Keep dodging, I find it most amusing. You lefties literally refuse to answer how many Americans can be killed before you would fight back. I find that most interesting.
    OK argue the point. Where does it not qualify as a loaded question by definition? The assumption in your qustion is that Trump knew what he was doing in ripping up the JCPOA, beginning his maximum pressure campaign and subsequently assassinated Soliemani. I would contend that assumption was at the best questionable and at the worst flat wrong:
    - Are we closer to a settlement with Iran or farther away since Trump ripped up the JCPOA and began his maximum pressure campaign?
    - Is the relationship better or worse since DonDon ripped up the JCPOA?
    - Is our geopolitical position in the ME better or worse since DonDon ripped up the JCPOA, began the maximum pressure campaign and subsequently assassinated Soliemani?
    - Has DonDon bullied himself to a position where he has taken us perilously close to a war in the ME that would make the Iraq War look sane?
    - Has DonDon not driven a wedge between ourselves and our traditional allies over his bullying nonsense?

    i have purposefully not asked any questions about whether Americans are safer or less safe since DonDon began his campaign of STUPID with Iran. We have not been "safe" with regard to Iran since 1953 when we planted the seed for the current relationship. Interesting that so many US Iran Hawks have decided that this is a "40 year old problem". Talk about convenient memory. The JCPOA could have given everybody involved a building block and the chance to maintain their sovereignty and lowered the temperature in the ME, though DonDon would have no earthly idea what I am talking about. That said if my country had been bent over the desk the way the UK and the US bent Iran over the desk, I might pursue the ultimate deterrent in the world until I had it. I can't blame Iran for something I could likely rationalize for myself.

    Oddly enough, Iran is in more trouble with its own people for its rank uncaring incompetence in the whole Ukraine airliner affair than all of DonDon's bluster and bravado and pressure in spite of the inherent dangers of Trump's reckless behavior. On a relative basis Trump's nonsense has been a very very dangerous but unproductive pursuit.
    Last edited by jnug; 01-13-20 at 10:32 AM.

  9. #499
    Sage
    AlphaOmega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    9,741

    Re: Immediate Threat is a Lie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Obscurity View Post
    Zero. We stop fighting back, and bring them all home.

    I am not a supporter of our illegal occupation of sovereign nations.

    Apaprently you are.
    ...not the question I asked. Participation award given.

  10. #500
    Guru
    Mongidig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,792

    Re: Immediate Threat is a Lie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Praxas View Post
    You know a good way to keep troops safe? Withdraw them from occupying foreign countries.
    This sounds reasonable. The question is would we be safer if we brought all the troops home from the ME? We saw what happened with Hitler and the NAZIS when we didn't have a presence. We know the Russians would love to extend their reach. We know that terrorists would love to have a safe haven to train(BTW....I'm not one to believe that once we leave the ME the Terrorists will stop hating us.)

Page 50 of 68 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •