Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: I think I am leaving this forum

  1. #11
    Chico needed the money...
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,234

    Re: I think I am leaving this forum

    Quote Originally Posted by narrowroad View Post
    for one, i am burnt out on politics

    for another, I am being picked on by mods, probably because I like Trump

    for another, I am rather bored which I guess relates back to the first thing (and the 2nd thing, for that matter)

    It seems certain people are not allowed to express their opinion in the general public forum these days. Good bye, America, erstwhile Land of Free Speech, it was nice while it lasted.
    You won't be missed, buh bye
    Never pet a dog that is on fire.

  2. #12
    Sage
    JasperL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    40,620

    Re: I think I am leaving this forum

    Quote Originally Posted by narrowroad View Post
    for one, i am burnt out on politics

    for another, I am being picked on by mods, probably because I like Trump

    for another, I am rather bored which I guess relates back to the first thing (and the 2nd thing, for that matter)

    It seems certain people are not allowed to express their opinion in the general public forum these days. Good bye, America, erstwhile Land of Free Speech, it was nice while it lasted.
    Boo hoo....

    And you're posting here on DP, today, so it seems you're allowed to express your opinions. You just choose not to on this forum, which is fine.

  3. #13
    Guru
    WillyPete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,400

    Re: I think I am leaving this forum

    Could I recommend RR Forums? I think you'll like it.
    Ask about my German oranges!

  4. #14
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    30,308

    Re: I think I am leaving this forum

    Quote Originally Posted by narrowroad View Post
    for one, i am burnt out on politics

    for another, I am being picked on by mods, probably because I like Trump

    for another, I am rather bored which I guess relates back to the first thing (and the 2nd thing, for that matter)

    It seems certain people are not allowed to express their opinion in the general public forum these days. Good bye, America, erstwhile Land of Free Speech, it was nice while it lasted.
    The MOds here dont pick on you because you like Trump or because you are conservative. If you are getting in trouble its because of what you say and how you say it. Theres a technique lol.
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add within the limits of the law, because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.--Thomas Jefferson

  5. #15
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    28,437
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: I think I am leaving this forum

    Quote Originally Posted by narrowroad View Post
    for one, i am burnt out on politics

    for another, I am being picked on by mods, probably because I like Trump

    for another, I am rather bored which I guess relates back to the first thing (and the 2nd thing, for that matter)

    It seems certain people are not allowed to express their opinion in the general public forum these days. Good bye, America, erstwhile Land of Free Speech, it was nice while it lasted.
    Need a ride? Should we call the waahmbulance?
    I know the voices aren't real but they do have some good ideas.

  6. #16
    Sage
    JasperL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    40,620

    Re: I think I am leaving this forum

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    Is it just the poster (OP) or you don't like opposing views?
    Whining about the mods is pretty SAD! don't you think? I can only speak for myself, but those who come here then whine about the rules being enforced by the moderators just need to watch their snowflake asses so the door doesn't hit them on the way out.

  7. #17
    Advisor Drowning Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Last Seen
    02-23-20 @ 04:57 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    317

    Re: I think I am leaving this forum

    Quote Originally Posted by narrowroad View Post
    Good bye, America, erstwhile Land of Free Speech, it was nice while it lasted.
    It always amuses me that people complain about forum moderation with regards to the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution...
    I wonder if they ever read that Amendment (or any of the others).

  8. #18
    Exposing GOP since 2015
    NeverTrump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Post-Trump America
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    25,112
    Blog Entries
    27

    Re: I think I am leaving this forum

    Quote Originally Posted by narrowroad View Post
    for one, i am burnt out on politics

    for another, I am being picked on by mods, probably because I like Trump

    for another, I am rather bored which I guess relates back to the first thing (and the 2nd thing, for that matter)

    It seems certain people are not allowed to express their opinion in the general public forum these days. Good bye, America, erstwhile Land of Free Speech, it was nice while it lasted.
    Back to the motherland eh comrade?
    This thought was conceived and poll tested to perfection deep in a wine cave where I host monthly Democrat dinners. While there we discuss killing babies, promoting socialism, taking guns away from everyone, our love of crime, our preference for open borders, how to pollute social networks with our opinions, and what news organizations will carry it. Enjoy!

  9. #19
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,788

    Re: I think I am leaving this forum

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Whining about the mods is pretty SAD! don't you think? I can only speak for myself, but those who come here then whine about the rules being enforced by the moderators just need to watch their snowflake asses so the door doesn't hit them on the way out.
    I agree. I don't have an issue with the mods, even when I have been dinged.

    Thanks for the reply. I agree that one should follow the rules. If you don't like them, don't join.
    "
    If we have data, let's look at the data. if all we have is opinions let's go with mine
    -barksdale
    "

  10. #20
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    30,308

    Re: I think I am leaving this forum

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Whining about the mods is pretty SAD! don't you think? I can only speak for myself, but those who come here then whine about the rules being enforced by the moderators just need to watch their snowflake asses so the door doesn't hit them on the way out.
    There is a learning curve. Some newbies make it, some dont.
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add within the limits of the law, because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.--Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •