Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 91 to 94 of 94

Thread: Adam Schiff's Attack On The Free Press

  1. #91
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    115,571

    Re: Adam Schiff's Attack On The Free Press

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctorWasIn View Post
    Here's the thing you're not understanding.

    Subpoenas are presumed valid unless they are challenged. These subpoenas were not challenged.

    Also - the Supreme Court has repeatedly ruled that phone records requested from the phone company do not qualify as searches or seizures.
    No, an illegal subpoena is illegal, even before an authority rules that it's illegal. Members of Congress know what's legal and what isn't. The fact that Schiffty issued an illegal subpoena means that he intentionally broke the law.
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    Che fought for freedom
    Quote Originally Posted by HumblePi View Post
    Only those indicted and found guilty by the Grand Jury.

  2. #92
    Educator TheDoctorWasIn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    In the center of it all.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    912

    Re: Adam Schiff's Attack On The Free Press

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No, an illegal subpoena is illegal, even before an authority rules that it's illegal. Members of Congress know what's legal and what isn't. The fact that Schiffty issued an illegal subpoena means that he intentionally broke the law.
    None of this is true. There is no such thing as an "illegal" subpoena - there are subpoenas that have been ruled to be too broad, and there are subpoenas that have been quashed due to privileges - but no court has ever found a subpoena to be "illegal".

    Members of Congress actually often have no idea what is "legal" or isn't - but it is telling that not even a single Republican member of Congress has made the claims you have made in this thread.
    Don't believe something just because you want to.

  3. #93
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    115,571

    Re: Adam Schiff's Attack On The Free Press

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctorWasIn View Post
    None of this is true. There is no such thing as an "illegal" subpoena - there are subpoenas that have been ruled to be too broad, and there are subpoenas that have been quashed due to privileges - but no court has ever found a subpoena to be "illegal".

    Members of Congress actually often have no idea what is "legal" or isn't - but it is telling that not even a single Republican member of Congress has made the claims you have made in this thread.
    Yes, there is a such thing as an "illegal" subpoena...

    il·le·gal
    /i(l)ˈlēɡəl/
    Learn to pronounce
    adjective
    contrary to or forbidden by law...
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    Che fought for freedom
    Quote Originally Posted by HumblePi View Post
    Only those indicted and found guilty by the Grand Jury.

  4. #94
    Educator TheDoctorWasIn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    In the center of it all.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    912

    Re: Adam Schiff's Attack On The Free Press

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yes, there is a such thing as an "illegal" subpoena...

    il·le·gal
    /i(l)ˈlēɡəl/
    Learn to pronounce
    adjective
    contrary to or forbidden by law...
    No, there isn't.

    There are valid subpoenas, and then there are quashed subpoenas.

    There are no subpoenas "forbidden" by law.
    Don't believe something just because you want to.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •