Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: How can mere [I]talk [/I]collapse America?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Last Seen
    12-07-19 @ 09:55 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    389

    How can mere [I]talk [/I]collapse America?

    America is only as good as the integrity of the people who make it up. No foreign enemy can damage America as badly as we can when we abandon our principles and elect and support leaders who serve their own corrupt interests over the welfare and security of our nation. Ignoring that isn't patriotism, it is idiocy.
    The problem with your argument is that you dont know where the line is drawn, so not only do you tacitly support crossing the line, but you provide concealment for the enemies of America who encourage you to take a bold stance in favor of a blurred line so they can hide behind you and remain concealed from scrutiny and continue intentionally and knowingly crossing where you might have drawn the line so they can BASH the hell out of America so it will be weakened and eventually collapse.

    How can talk collapse America?

    Contagion.

    Leaders set the tone and followers follow their lead.

    Most millennials look around constantly to get a gauge of where they stand in relation to their herd.

    When they see others bashing America and the POTUS, they feel safe and justified in doing the same.

    It makes them feel part of something larger and cooler than themselves.

    But how does that adversely affect Trump or America?

    Because leaders always and only lead with the consent of the governed.

    If and when the leader loses enough support of the people, he can no longer lead them.


    Every sledge hammer blow removes a little bit of support and then the tractor finishes the job.

    Silo felled with sledge hammer


  2. #2
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Northern Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    969

    Re: How can mere [I]talk [/I]collapse America?

    Quote Originally Posted by babalu View Post
    The problem with your argument....
    Whose argument?

  3. #3
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    24,832

    Re: How can mere [I]talk [/I]collapse America?

    Quote Originally Posted by babalu View Post
    America is only as good as the integrity of the people who make it up. No foreign enemy can damage America as badly as we can when we abandon our principles and elect and support leaders who serve their own corrupt interests over the welfare and security of our nation. Ignoring that isn't patriotism, it is idiocy.
    Please show us who said that with supporting documentation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dans La Lune View Post
    Bernie was a better candidate who didn’t lob a single smear against Hillary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxical View Post
    I would trust the KGB more than our own CIA and FBI
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I don't support democracy. Never had. Never will.
    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I wish the USA would stay a white majority, but it won't.

  4. #4
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Northern Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    969

    Re: How can mere [I]talk [/I]collapse America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Please show us who said that with supporting documentation.
    It looks like a quote grabbed from another thread.

    The OP probably belongs as a response in that thread.

  5. #5
    Auslander
    Obscurity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    10,603

    Re: How can mere [I]talk [/I]collapse America?

    The collapse of America is being brought on by a secretive cabal of religious, christian nationalist theocrats and monarchists, who have taken advantage of the collapse of the media in the center of the country, installed mass radio and publishing outlets pushing authoritarian christian revanchist ideas to a massive audience in the midwest and south.

    Enabled by the money of corporatist oligarchs, of course, using the latest technology to review and mark voters for specific criteria, using ballot measures to activate them based on very narrow ideas, and abusing this constituency to continuously elect republicans on narrow and minute social issues.

    Nothing more, nothing less.

    Trump made the devil's deal. He may have been a solid, good president, had he NOT engaged the Center for National Policy, discarded Chris Christie for the backing of the evangelicals, predicated on selecting Pence and taking the explicit nominees from this center for all justices he would appoint.

    Trump is a tool for theocrats who want to reimagine this country as a "christian" nation based on "christian" values and "christian" law. As an atheist buddhist, this is terrifying.

    Under their law, I could be executed as a non-believer.

    And yes, I am dead serious about the above.
    #BDS

    No forgiveness here remains.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Last Seen
    12-07-19 @ 09:55 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    389

    Re: How can mere [I]talk [/I]collapse America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Please show us who said that with supporting documentation.
    Quote Originally Posted by less right View Post
    It looks like a quote grabbed from another thread.

    The OP probably belongs as a response in that thread.

    I dont want to disclose that person's identity because it is post from another poster, as you said, less right.


    So, why not just assume for the sake of argument, that it was posed by me as a Devil's Advocate argument or comment.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Last Seen
    12-07-19 @ 09:55 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    389

    Re: How can mere [I]talk [/I]collapse America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Obscurity View Post
    The collapse of America is being brought on by a secretive cabal of religious, christian nationalist theocrats and monarchists, who have taken advantage of the collapse of the media in the center of the country, installed mass radio and publishing outlets pushing authoritarian christian revanchist ideas to a massive audience in the midwest and south.

    Enabled by the money of corporatist oligarchs, of course, using the latest technology to review and mark voters for specific criteria, using ballot measures to activate them based on very narrow ideas, and abusing this constituency to continuously elect republicans on narrow and minute social issues.

    Nothing more, nothing less.

    Trump made the devil's deal. He may have been a solid, good president, had he NOT engaged the Center for National Policy, discarded Chris Christie for the backing of the evangelicals, predicated on selecting Pence and taking the explicit nominees from this center for all justices he would appoint.

    Trump is a tool for theocrats who want to reimagine this country as a "christian" nation based on "christian" values and "christian" law. As an atheist buddhist, this is terrifying.

    Under their law, I could be executed as a non-believer.

    And yes, I am dead serious about the above.
    You are assuming that Communism or Socialism or Islam or Atheism and/or Anarchy are America's default state.

    Those ideologies have never been our secret of becoming a success but we are in danger of those supporters stealing our country unless we can prevail over them.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Last Seen
    12-07-19 @ 09:55 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    389

    Re: How can mere [I]talk [/I]collapse America?

    Quote Originally Posted by less right View Post
    Whose argument?
    Assume that I am speaking to my alter ego, the Devil's Advocate.

  9. #9
    Sage
    RaleBulgarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,999

    Re: How can mere [I]talk [/I]collapse America?

    Quote Originally Posted by babalu View Post
    The problem with your argument is that you dont know where the line is drawn, so not only do you tacitly support crossing the line, but you provide concealment for the enemies of America who encourage you to take a bold stance in favor of a blurred line so they can hide behind you and remain concealed from scrutiny and continue intentionally and knowingly crossing where you might have drawn the line so they can BASH the hell out of America so it will be weakened and eventually collapse.

    How can talk collapse America?

    Contagion.

    Leaders set the tone and followers follow their lead.

    Most millennials look around constantly to get a gauge of where they stand in relation to their herd.

    When they see others bashing America and the POTUS, they feel safe and justified in doing the same.

    It makes them feel part of something larger and cooler than themselves.

    But how does that adversely affect Trump or America?

    Because leaders always and only lead with the consent of the governed.

    If and when the leader loses enough support of the people, he can no longer lead them.


    Every sledge hammer blow removes a little bit of support and then the tractor finishes the job.

    Silo felled with sledge hammer
    Who are “the enemies of America” you refer to?

    How do you know what “most millennials” think, or what motivates them to “bash America and the POTUS”?

    Trump doesn’t lead Americans. The majority of us don’t agree with virtually anything he says and does, and do not take any cues from him on how to live our lives or think as Americans.
    “I think it's crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign.”
    William Taylor, United States Ambassador to Ukraine
    https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...am-Taylor.html

  10. #10
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Northern Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    969

    Re: How can mere [I]talk [/I]collapse America?

    Quote Originally Posted by babalu View Post
    Assume that I am speaking to my alter ego, the Devil's Advocate.
    In that case, your alter ego won that argument. His answer was concise and complete.

    I'm not sure if you're concerned about lines, millennials, sledgehammers, or silos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •