Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Graham says he's '1,000% confident' Russia meddled in 2016 US election -- not Ukraine

  1. #1
    ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
    Rogue Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    41,185

    Graham says he's '1,000% confident' Russia meddled in 2016 US election -- not Ukraine

    Graham says he's '1,000% confident' Russia meddled in 2016 US election -- not Ukraine



    12/3/19
    Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham on Tuesday said he is "1,000% confident" that Russia, not Ukraine, meddled in the 2016 US presidential election, breaking from President Donald Trump and others in his party who have pushed the discredited conspiracy theory. "It was the Russians. I'm 1,000% confident that the hack of the DNC was by Russian operatives, no one else," the South Carolina senator told reporters on Capitol Hill. "I've got no doubt that it was the Russians who stole the DNC emails. It wasn't Ukraine. Russia was behind the stolen DNC emails and (John) Podesta and all that good stuff." Graham continued later in the same interview: "So as to the Ukraine, they had zero to do with the hacking of the DNC and the stealing of the emails. US intelligence officials have told lawmakers that Russia has been engaging in a years-long effort to shift the blame of Moscow's interference in the 2016 US presidential election to Ukraine, a message that was echoed during public testimony by Trump's former top Russia adviser Fiona Hill and other witnesses in the impeachment probe.
    Although Lindsey Graham is now a Trump toady, I appreciate him having the fortitude and the decency (and putting country above Donald Trump here) to break from Trump and certain GOP Congressmen such as Devin Nunes, Jim Jordan, John Kennedy, et. al. who have been busy defending Trump from impeachment by repeating debunked Kremlin propaganda concerning Ukraine and the 2016 election.

    Two weeks ago US intelligence briefed all US Senators regarding Russian disinformation to blame Ukraine for the Kremlin's actions.

    Sen. John Kennedy (R/LA) did not attend this briefing and keeps right on repeating the Kremlin propaganda. And he gets all huffy when it is pointed out that he is doing Putin's work.


    Unless some Senate Republicans break ranks, this won't be a trial it will be a cover-up.

  2. #2
    HoHoHo
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    65,451

    Re: Graham says he's '1,000% confident' Russia meddled in 2016 US election -- not Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Valley View Post
    Graham says he's '1,000% confident' Russia meddled in 2016 US election -- not Ukraine





    Although Lindsey Graham is now a Trump toady, I appreciate him having the fortitude and the decency (and putting country above Donald Trump here) to break from Trump and certain GOP Congressmen such as Devin Nunes, Jim Jordan, John Kennedy, et. al. who have been busy defending Trump from impeachment by repeating debunked Kremlin propaganda concerning Ukraine and the 2016 election.

    Two weeks ago US intelligence briefed all US Senators regarding Russian disinformation to blame Ukraine for the Kremlin's actions.

    Sen. John Kennedy (R/LA) did not attend this briefing and keeps right on repeating the Kremlin propaganda. And he gets all huffy when it is pointed out that he is doing Putin's work.
    Uh oh. He's going to get kicked out of the Trump Fan Club for that act of disloyalty.
    It's disgraceful. I'm going to maybe and I'm looking at it very seriously. We're doing some other things that you probably noticed like some of the very important things that we're doing now. But we're looking at it very seriously because you can't do that. - President Donald J. Trump

  3. #3
    Advisor Court Jester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    325

    Re: Graham says he's '1,000% confident' Russia meddled in 2016 US election -- not Ukraine

    It is Russia's job to interfere in our elections. I don't know why people get so upset about this? As if we haven't done the same MANY TIMES in other countries, even going so far as to remove rulers and install replacements.

    The good news about Russia is we can always trust them...... trust them to be sneaky flipping Russians. So at least in that reality there is some guarantee to what we should expect of their behavior.

    Now if we want to not trust some people, I would start with a countries like France, Belgium, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and Mexico. But please don't fault the Russians for doing their jobs.
    ___________________________
    Ignorance of your rights is no excuse.

  4. #4
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    62,518

    Re: Graham says he's '1,000% confident' Russia meddled in 2016 US election -- not Ukraine

    Of course it was Russia, trying to pull for Trump. I'm not sure their influence swapped the election results, but it was certainly not Ukraine for Hillary, rather it was Russia for Trump. This is known.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #5
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,710

    Re: Graham says he's '1,000% confident' Russia meddled in 2016 US election -- not Ukraine

    Lindsey Graham is the perfect example of a blind squirrel.
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

  6. #6
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,623
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Graham says he's '1,000% confident' Russia meddled in 2016 US election -- not Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Court Jester View Post
    It is Russia's job to interfere in our elections. I don't know why people get so upset about this? As if we haven't done the same MANY TIMES in other countries, even going so far as to remove rulers and install replacements.

    The good news about Russia is we can always trust them...... trust them to be sneaky flipping Russians. So at least in that reality there is some guarantee to what we should expect of their behavior.

    Now if we want to not trust some people, I would start with a countries like France, Belgium, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and Mexico. But please don't fault the Russians for doing their jobs.
    You make an interesting point. But are also missing where much of the anger is directed. I don't like Russia's actions. And you are right, I'd be silly to act as though it was a surprise. They are the actions I'd expect from such a country. Where most of my anger and surprise lies is in the american citizens and politicians who are perfectly fine with these actions and those that lie and act as though these actions actually never took place and are lies created by US intelligence agencies. It surprises me that so many republicans are happy to **** all over our country in order to act as though Russia didn't have anything to do with election interference.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  7. #7
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    In yo' grill
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    3,914

    Re: Graham says he's '1,000% confident' Russia meddled in 2016 US election -- not Ukraine

    My God liberals have to be dumb as a rock or just plain dishonest.


    Again, for like the millionth time, no one is saying Russia didn't meddle in our election. NO ONE. What the nickel head club can't seem to get thru those teenie weenie brains of theirs is that there could possibly be other countries also meddling in our election or attempting to swing the pendulum.


    A 6 year old child could understand this but apparently the dishonest media and their liberal willing idiots can't help but conflate our outright lie.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverTrumpGOP View Post
    Nevertheless people should be cautious in doubting Buzzfeed's journalistic chops.

  8. #8
    ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
    Rogue Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    41,185

    Re: Graham says he's '1,000% confident' Russia meddled in 2016 US election -- not Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    You make an interesting point. But are also missing where much of the anger is directed. I don't like Russia's actions. And you are right, I'd be silly to act as though it was a surprise. They are the actions I'd expect from such a country. Where most of my anger and surprise lies is in the american citizens and politicians who are perfectly fine with these actions and those that lie and act as though these actions actually never took place and are lies created by US intelligence agencies. It surprises me that so many republicans are happy to **** all over our country in order to act as though Russia didn't have anything to do with election interference.
    This is what burns my ass also. The GOP putting Trump above country.

    That's why I was surprised [shocked actually] to read what Lindsey Graham has now said on this. And quite unequivocally. It was Russia. Period. Full stop.

    Maybe it's a Graham signal to other Trump loyalists that using Kremlin disinformation as an impeachment lifesaver is now doing the GOP great harm.


    Unless some Senate Republicans break ranks, this won't be a trial it will be a cover-up.

  9. #9
    Sage
    ataraxia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,806

    Re: Graham says he's '1,000% confident' Russia meddled in 2016 US election -- not Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by dobieg View Post
    My God liberals have to be dumb as a rock or just plain dishonest.


    Again, for like the millionth time, no one is saying Russia didn't meddle in our election. NO ONE. What the nickel head club can't seem to get thru those teenie weenie brains of theirs is that there could possibly be other countries also meddling in our election or attempting to swing the pendulum.


    A 6 year old child could understand this but apparently the dishonest media and their liberal willing idiots can't help but conflate our outright lie.
    The 2016 cyber-attack campaign on the US by Russia was absolutely unprecedented in size, scope, and systematic nature. That's what makes it so alarming.

    Russia targeted 2016 state elections with "unprecedented level of activity," Senate Intel report says - CBS News

  10. #10
    Big Scary Liberal
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Akron
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,960

    Re: Graham says he's '1,000% confident' Russia meddled in 2016 US election -- not Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Valley View Post
    This is what burns my ass also. The GOP putting Trump above country.

    That's why I was surprised [shocked actually] to read what Lindsey Graham has now said on this. And quite unequivocally. It was Russia. Period. Full stop.

    Maybe it's a Graham signal to other Trump loyalists that using Kremlin disinformation as an impeachment lifesaver is now doing the GOP great harm.
    He was visited by the ghost of McCain past
    "This is America - and here, right matters."

    - Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, Director for European Affairs for the United States National Security Council

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •