Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 91

Thread: The only conclusion you can come to

  1. #31
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    13,383

    Re: The only conclusion you can come to

    Quote Originally Posted by Drawdown View Post
    And when they fail to remove him, it will be an issue the dems candidates and nominee will have to address repeatedly. Trump is very good at sucking the air out of the room already. I am not sure why the dems have helped him, but they have. 2020 will be All Trump All The Time. It makes it hard for an opposition to build a movement when they cannot even get their platform out there to the sticky-fingered Deplorable masses.
    Through secrecy and only releasing drips and drabs of negative information about Trump concerning the phone call, the house has shaped public opinion about impeaching Trump.

    What is the latest crime Trump has committed according to dems? Bribery? Hasn't Pelosi, for example, said that Nixon's crimes pail in comparison to Trump's?
    Which house dems or GOPs do you think either Pelosi or other outspoken ones in the house are trying to convince? Do you think Pelosi or other outspoken ones in the house are trying to convince some Senate dems or GOPs? IMO, the ones Pelosi and other outspoken ones in the house are trying to convince are constituents and voters in the upcoming 2020 presidential election.
    "Trump has expanded the base of the GOP. Not GOP principles. Without Trump, socialists would not lead the democratic party. Socialists in the democratic party (and elements of the GOP) hate Trump". cabse5 01/19/20

  2. #32
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    13,383

    Re: The only conclusion you can come to

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    The DOJ and the Senate have been unable or unwilling to examine this issue for years because they were...what exactly?
    The Senate and the DOJ conducted other business during this time.
    So it's not like there was some lack of resources which prohibited them.
    They just did not choose to conduct this business.

    Or are you saying that these groups did not choose to investigate the Bidens because they just lacked the mental energy?
    Were their egos too depleted?

    Or what exactly?
    I understand the idiom sucked the oxygen from the room.
    I just don't see how that applies in this instance.
    During the Mueller investigation they didn't wager any other 'conspiracy theory' investigations, IMO, because the news cycle was already brimming with Mueller investigation material.
    Before that, they wouldn't have investigated the Obama administration concerning 'conspiracy theories'.
    "Trump has expanded the base of the GOP. Not GOP principles. Without Trump, socialists would not lead the democratic party. Socialists in the democratic party (and elements of the GOP) hate Trump". cabse5 01/19/20

  3. #33
    Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,317

    Re: The only conclusion you can come to

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    Through secrecy and only releasing drips and drabs of negative information about Trump concerning the phone call, the house has shaped public opinion about impeaching Trump.

    What is the latest crime Trump has committed according to dems? Bribery? Hasn't Pelosi, for example, said that Nixon's crimes pail in comparison to Trump's?
    Which house dems or GOPs do you think either Pelosi or other outspoken ones in the house are trying to convince? Do you think Pelosi or other outspoken ones in the house are trying to convince some Senate dems or GOPs? IMO, the ones Pelosi and other outspoken ones in the house are trying to convince are constituents and voters in the upcoming 2020 presidential election.
    They can appeal to their base all they want, but it won't change that their nominees are horribly weak candidates. Some polling suggests that the Medicare for All which is a top-line policy of two of the three is opposed by a big chunk of the democratic base and the third one is old as dirt and will have to account for his actions protecting his son before it is over no matter how much Nancy tries to shield him. There is a generational shift going on in the DNC and these Old Guard Establishment folks are going to be sadly disappointed when whichever nominee they arrange for falls flat on their face.

  4. #34
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Seen
    11-21-19 @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    362

    Re: The only conclusion you can come to

    Quote Originally Posted by Drawdown View Post
    They can appeal to their base all they want, but it won't change that their nominees are horribly weak candidates. Some polling suggests that the Medicare for All which is a top-line policy of two of the three is opposed by a big chunk of the democratic base and the third one is old as dirt and will have to account for his actions protecting his son before it is over no matter how much Nancy tries to shield him. There is a generational shift going on in the DNC and these Old Guard Establishment folks are going to be sadly disappointed when whichever nominee they arrange for falls flat on their face.
    You are finished, this is disgusting and sick the way you support this corruption and treason against our country. You disgust me and reinforce my firm belief that it is my duty to protect and defend our country against all threats foreign and domestic. You will be tossed out on your ear with good riddance.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  5. #35
    Classic Liberal
    smallvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    God's country
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,017

    Re: The only conclusion you can come to

    Quote Originally Posted by CaughtInThe View Post
    The conclusion I've come to is that republicans don't care if democratic senators make promises to foreign governments as long as those foreign governments can manufacture dirt on their opponents so they can win elections.

    Good job Republican voters.
    Haven't won many logic prizes, I see....
    ...that still, small voice that is in the back of your mind that says: He's right...

  6. #36
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    13,383

    Re: The only conclusion you can come to

    Quote Originally Posted by Drawdown View Post
    They can appeal to their base all they want, but it won't change that their nominees are horribly weak candidates. Some polling suggests that the Medicare for All which is a top-line policy of two of the three is opposed by a big chunk of the democratic base and the third one is old as dirt and will have to account for his actions protecting his son before it is over no matter how much Nancy tries to shield him. There is a generational shift going on in the DNC and these Old Guard Establishment folks are going to be sadly disappointed when whichever nominee they arrange for falls flat on their face.
    Which qualifications do you wish to argue in a presidential candidate? That they've had a good deal of government service or that they don't appear to be cooked (even though their programs make no sense)? In 2016, the voters took the candidate that didn't appear to be crooked.
    "Trump has expanded the base of the GOP. Not GOP principles. Without Trump, socialists would not lead the democratic party. Socialists in the democratic party (and elements of the GOP) hate Trump". cabse5 01/19/20

  7. #37
    Classic Liberal
    smallvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    God's country
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,017

    Re: The only conclusion you can come to

    Quote Originally Posted by CaughtInThe View Post
    Uh, this whole thing was rumored, maybe not to you though, for a long time. I'm sure longer within government. The call actually happened in July but Trunp had been obsessed much longer than that.

    Not sure how you missed that.
    No one is sure how you picked that up, yet here you are...spouting.
    ...that still, small voice that is in the back of your mind that says: He's right...

  8. #38
    Sage
    PIPEWRENCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,710

    Re: The only conclusion you can come to

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    Get worked up because removal of Trump from office isn't the goal of democrats in these impeachment proceedings, IMO. Rather, their goal is to interfere in the 2020 election and prevent Trump from being re-elected because of the impeachment proceedings.
    Exactly. Clearly they have no case. Now they are trying to say the president does not have the right to hire and fire the people working for him. More of a nothing burger because that seems to be all they have.
    Corruption should be looked into by anyone in a free country without fear of consequences.

  9. #39
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    19,939
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: The only conclusion you can come to

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    During the Mueller investigation they didn't wager any other 'conspiracy theory' investigations, IMO, because the news cycle was already brimming with Mueller investigation material.
    Before that, they wouldn't have investigated the Obama administration concerning 'conspiracy theories'.
    News cycles determine what the DOJ and the Senate do or do not investigate?
    I may be wrong.

  10. #40
    Classic Liberal
    smallvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    God's country
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,017

    Re: The only conclusion you can come to

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    You are finished, this is disgusting and sick the way you support this corruption and treason against our country. You disgust me and reinforce my firm belief that it is my duty to protect and defend our country against all threats foreign and domestic. You will be tossed out on your ear with good riddance.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    No where have we seen where Hilarity and the Dims were denigrated in any way, yet treason and corruption ooze from their pores. If you are such a strong protector of our country "foreign and domestic" you would be a veteran. It's folks like you that disgust us all.
    ...that still, small voice that is in the back of your mind that says: He's right...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •