Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 67

Thread: What is wrong with so called hate speech.

  1. #11
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    State of Jefferson
    Last Seen
    11-14-19 @ 10:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,730

    Re: What is wrong with so called hate speech.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheParser View Post
    1. We have to use common sense in defining "hate speech."

    2. In my opinion, it is NOT hate speech to refuse to wear a poppy. If she wants to be the only student who stands out for not wearing the poppy, then she is, indeed, making a statement, but that is not "hate."

    3. For example, if I am the only person in an audience who does NOT stand up when a female or non-Caucasian or non-Christian or non-straight celebrity is introduced, that is not "hate" speech.

    a. But if I yelled something derogatory about that celebrity's gender, etc., then it would be "hate" speech.

    *****


    People are awfully sensitive.

    The other day, I heard a young non-Caucasian man (who was holding a baby in his arms) become angry with an older Caucasian man. The latter -- to the best of my knowledge -- was simply smoking a cigarette on the street. But this young man for some reason thought that the older man had looked at him in a disrespectful manner. The young man said to the older man: "Why do you have a frown on your face? Oh, I understand. You old people are so full of medications that it affects your facial expression." Then he continued on his way.

    As our country continues its demographic shift, more and more words and gestures will be defined as "hate" speech.
    The Left cant win the “War of Ideas”, all of theirs are bad.

    As all history has shown, they can only win by silencing their political opponents.

    Having the Rights “Free Speech” declared “Hate Speech” is just the latest technique.

  2. #12
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,976

    Re: What is wrong with so called hate speech.

    Quote Originally Posted by Logical1 View Post
    On the news, a student in Canada was suspended from school for refusing to wear some sort of multi colored poppy for Canada's form of veterans day. She posted a paper saying it was not right for her to have to wear the LGTB or what ever poppy. She was more than willing to wear the standard poppy.

    She was called to the office and told she was spreading "hate speech". She was suspended until next Tue. So there you are, the left can declare ANYTHING they dont like hate speech!!!!! It is now their tool to suppress free speech.

    BTW the left still assures us they are open minded. Yeah open minded up to the point till you say something they dont agree with, and now it becomes hate speech. It is total BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You realize this is in Canada right and Free Speech isn't part of Canada right? They have "freedom of expression" in their charter and it isn't absolute.

    EDIT: Also after seeing a few other posts it is also shown this story is fake. Typical BS from you as usual. Do you ever go a day without lying?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logical1 View Post
    Which is greater, the life of the baby or a womans "rights"??????
    Quote Originally Posted by Praxas
    Yes, we know that you don't care Trump bragged about walking in on underage girls naked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And that bothers you because????????

  3. #13
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,976

    Re: What is wrong with so called hate speech.

    Quote Originally Posted by Casca XV View Post
    The Left cant win the “War of Ideas”, all of theirs are bad.

    As all history has shown, they can only win by silencing their political opponents.

    Having the Rights “Free Speech” declared “Hate Speech” is just the latest technique.
    Yep, not having people just automatically shoved to the streets is such a bad idea. Typical con who doesn't have a clue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logical1 View Post
    Which is greater, the life of the baby or a womans "rights"??????
    Quote Originally Posted by Praxas
    Yes, we know that you don't care Trump bragged about walking in on underage girls naked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And that bothers you because????????

  4. #14
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    State of Jefferson
    Last Seen
    11-14-19 @ 10:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,730

    Re: What is wrong with so called hate speech.

    Quote Originally Posted by Praxas View Post
    Yep, not having people just automatically shoved to the streets is such a bad idea. Typical con who doesn't have a clue.
    It's always situations that cause this are from the Left... so there you go

  5. #15
    Sage AProudLefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,818

    Re: What is wrong with so called hate speech.

    Quote Originally Posted by Logical1 View Post
    On the news, a student in Canada was suspended from school for refusing to wear some sort of multi colored poppy for Canada's form of veterans day. She posted a paper saying it was not right for her to have to wear the LGTB or what ever poppy. She was more than willing to wear the standard poppy.

    She was called to the office and told she was spreading "hate speech". She was suspended until next Tue. So there you are, the left can declare ANYTHING they dont like hate speech!!!!! It is now their tool to suppress free speech.

    BTW the left still assures us they are open minded. Yeah open minded up to the point till you say something they dont agree with, and now it becomes hate speech. It is total BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Spin. Spin. Spin.
    Trump: "Our plan is to keep the American people safe."

    Pelosi: "That's not a plan. That's a goal."

  6. #16
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,976

    Re: What is wrong with so called hate speech.

    Quote Originally Posted by Casca XV View Post
    It's always situations that cause this are from the Left... so there you go
    Wrong as always. You cons were the ones that came up with "free speech" zones to protect Bush from hearing bad things. Your lying is monumental now. Seems dishonest bull**** is all you are capable of. That's why your comments are nothing but a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logical1 View Post
    Which is greater, the life of the baby or a womans "rights"??????
    Quote Originally Posted by Praxas
    Yes, we know that you don't care Trump bragged about walking in on underage girls naked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And that bothers you because????????

  7. #17
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    State of Jefferson
    Last Seen
    11-14-19 @ 10:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,730

    Re: What is wrong with so called hate speech.

    Quote Originally Posted by Praxas View Post
    Wrong as always. You cons were the ones that came up with "free speech" zones to protect Bush from hearing bad things. Your lying is monumental now. Seems dishonest bull**** is all you are capable of. That's why your comments are nothing but a joke.
    That was an attempt to keep Leftist Like yourself form using Fascist Tactics to rob other of their Free Speech.

    It was a bad idea. They should have just said "No, all of America is a free speech zone and we are not going to let Leftist who hate personal freedom ruin it". Capitulating to Leftist is always a bad idea.

  8. #18
    Educator
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    696

    Re: What is wrong with so called hate speech.

    Quote Originally Posted by Praxas View Post
    You realize this is in Canada right and Free Speech isn't part of Canada right? They have "freedom of expression" in their charter and it isn't absolute.

    EDIT: Also after seeing a few other posts it is also shown this story is fake. Typical BS from you as usual. Do you ever go a day without lying?
    This story may be fake, but are you really pretending it isn't a typical example of hyper-PC leftists ruining the world? This sort of stuff does happen. Speakers are being violently assaulted or blocked from entering college campuses simply for disagreeing with anything the Left has to say. Professors are ejecting students from their classes or threatening their education for not conforming to their painted version of the truth. FFS, refusing to indulge in someone's biological fairytale about their gender, even if they have no scientific or medical data to back it up, is being touted as hate speech.

  9. #19
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,976

    Re: What is wrong with so called hate speech.

    Quote Originally Posted by Casca XV View Post
    That was an attempt to keep Leftist Like yourself form using Fascist Tactics to rob other of their Free Speech.

    It was a bad idea. They should have just said "No, all of America is a free speech zone and we are not going to let Leftist who hate personal freedom ruin it". Capitulating to Leftist is always a bad idea.
    No it was an attempt by you cons to shelter your poor precious Bush from any criticism. You cons hate free speech and you hate America. Go to Iran where they are more to your backwards and archaic ideology.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logical1 View Post
    Which is greater, the life of the baby or a womans "rights"??????
    Quote Originally Posted by Praxas
    Yes, we know that you don't care Trump bragged about walking in on underage girls naked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And that bothers you because????????

  10. #20
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,976

    Re: What is wrong with so called hate speech.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader13 View Post
    This story may be fake, but are you really pretending it isn't a typical example of hyper-PC leftists ruining the world? This sort of stuff does happen. Speakers are being violently assaulted or blocked from entering college campuses simply for disagreeing with anything the Left has to say. Professors are ejecting students from their classes or threatening their education for not conforming to their painted version of the truth. FFS, refusing to indulge in someone's biological fairytale about their gender, even if they have no scientific or medical data to back it up, is being touted as hate speech.
    Blah blah blah blah. come back when you have something factual instead of idiotic rhetoric you cons are famous for. Don't you have a Trump cutout you have to salute before going to bed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logical1 View Post
    Which is greater, the life of the baby or a womans "rights"??????
    Quote Originally Posted by Praxas
    Yes, we know that you don't care Trump bragged about walking in on underage girls naked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And that bothers you because????????

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •