Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 335

Thread: High Crimes And Misdemeanors

  1. #311
    Educator TheDoctorWasIn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    In the center of it all.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    703

    Re: High Crimes And Misdemeanors

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    Trump didn't do anything. Aid was given, Biden was not investigated.
    He tried, but he got caught.
    Don't believe something just because you want to.

  2. #312
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:28 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    45,520

    Re: High Crimes And Misdemeanors

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    Trump didn't do anything. Aid was given, Biden was not investigated.
    The attempt is a felony

  3. #313
    Educator TheDoctorWasIn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    In the center of it all.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    703

    Re: High Crimes And Misdemeanors

    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    The attempt is a felony
    No, it's not.

    But it is arguably a "high crime".
    Don't believe something just because you want to.

  4. #314
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:28 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    45,520

    Re: High Crimes And Misdemeanors

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctorWasIn View Post
    No, it's not.

    But it is arguably a "high crime".
    I disagree

  5. #315
    Educator TheDoctorWasIn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    In the center of it all.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    703

    Re: High Crimes And Misdemeanors

    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    I disagree
    If it's a felony, in what section of the US Code does it appear?
    Don't believe something just because you want to.

  6. #316
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:28 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    45,520

    Re: High Crimes And Misdemeanors

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctorWasIn View Post
    If it's a felony, in what section of the US Code does it appear?
    18 U.S. Code Chapter 41 - EXTORTION AND THREATS | U.S. Code | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute

  7. #317
    Educator TheDoctorWasIn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    In the center of it all.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    703

    Re: High Crimes And Misdemeanors

    You'll have to do better than just a chapter.

    Show us the actual crime. Show us how Trump meets all of the elements.
    Don't believe something just because you want to.

  8. #318
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:28 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    45,520

    Re: High Crimes And Misdemeanors

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctorWasIn View Post
    You'll have to do better than just a chapter.

    Show us the actual crime. Show us how Trump meets all of the elements.
    872. Read it yourself. Or not

  9. #319
    Educator TheDoctorWasIn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    In the center of it all.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    703

    Re: High Crimes And Misdemeanors

    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    872. Read it yourself. Or not
    Well, there are a couple problems with that.

    Here's section 872:

    Whoever, being an officer, or*employee*of the*United States*or any*department*or*agency*thereof, or representing himself to be or assuming to act as such, under color or pretense of office or employment commits or attempts an act of*extortion,*shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; but if the amount so extorted or demanded does not exceed $1,000, he shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.[/i]

    If you click "extortion", this comes up:

    the term “extortion” means an offense that has as its elements the extraction of anything of value from another person by threatening or placing that person in fear of injury to any person or kidnapping of any person;

    Did Donald Trump physically threaten President Zelensky?

    Was President Zelensky in fear of injury or kidnapping?
    Don't believe something just because you want to.

  10. #320
    Sage
    Moderate Right's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    39,419

    Re: High Crimes And Misdemeanors

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctorWasIn View Post
    He tried, but he got caught.
    He didn't get caught. He wanted to, his advisors told him it was illegal, and nothing happened. The thought police can't impeach Trump just for what he wanted to do and ultimately didn't do.

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •