Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 115

Thread: G7 Fiasco, Trump Lied Again

  1. #91
    HoHoHo
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    01-10-20 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    65,356

    Re: G7 Fiasco, Trump Lied Again

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    I truly don't know what the cost of operating such a place might be. I'm sure those who manage such places have a handle on it.

    I am, however, fairly aware of how base costs are fluffed up, so I assume those who manage such places and events are very well aware of such things.
    The Doral property has been grossly underbooked for years, and particularly the last few years. Having the G7 there enriches the Trumps as they need the rooms filled - cost or no cost.

    Trump should never have suggested this. Ever. It was a terrible move and it was corrupt. He can't use his office to help his failing resort. You would say that if it was Obama or Biden or Schiff or anyone else, too.
    It's disgraceful. I'm going to maybe and I'm looking at it very seriously. We're doing some other things that you probably noticed like some of the very important things that we're doing now. But we're looking at it very seriously because you can't do that. - President Donald J. Trump

  2. #92
    Educator
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    01-17-20 @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    652

    Re: G7 Fiasco, Trump Lied Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    I absolutely care about the law and I absolutely HATE when it's abused for the purpose of ****ing over someone you disagree with politically.
    So if you care about the Law then you don't care whether or not Trump saves money for the tax payers or not in this instance since by taking the contract for the G7 he would be committing a felony.

  3. #93
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    23,073

    Re: G7 Fiasco, Trump Lied Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Obscurity View Post
    It's not insane to assume a corrupt intent. He has displayed corrupt intent his entire life.

    Only the blind would try and debate this with me.

    Turn your ****ing filter off.
    To assume corruption without cause truly is nuts.

    You'd do well to debate this with your blind bretheran, as you say. If you truly believed corruption was certain, you should have allowed it to happen. It would be easy enough to prove. Then you'd actually have something of substance rather than whispers from Schiff's closeted meetings.

  4. #94
    HoHoHo
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    01-10-20 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    65,356

    Re: G7 Fiasco, Trump Lied Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    I don't know whether he will or not and, frankly, I don't care. If it's done for at or below the rates we know about then it saves the taxpayers money and THAT is my primary concern.
    He did it because he can't sell rooms in that property - especially in June. He can't use the power of his office to fill his hotels. Period.
    It's disgraceful. I'm going to maybe and I'm looking at it very seriously. We're doing some other things that you probably noticed like some of the very important things that we're doing now. But we're looking at it very seriously because you can't do that. - President Donald J. Trump

  5. #95
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    23,073

    Re: G7 Fiasco, Trump Lied Again

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    The Doral property has been grossly underbooked for years, and particularly the last few years. Having the G7 there enriches the Trumps as they need the rooms filled - cost or no cost.

    Trump should never have suggested this. Ever. It was a terrible move and it was corrupt. He can't use his office to help his failing resort. You would say that if it was Obama or Biden or Schiff or anyone else, too.
    The condition of Doral may not be financially great, but that doesn't mean a profit will be made. That's an assumption of illegality where none exists.

    I agree that Trump's Doral decision was politically ham fisted. The response was predictable. That doesn't mean the response is justified, but he surely should've seen it coming.

  6. #96
    HoHoHo
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    01-10-20 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    65,356

    Re: G7 Fiasco, Trump Lied Again

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    The condition of Doral may not be financially great, but that doesn't mean a profit will be made. That's an assumption of illegality where none exists.

    I agree that Trump's Doral decision was politically ham fisted. The response was predictable. That doesn't mean the response is justified, but he surely should've seen it coming.
    Nobody should care if Doral makes a profit. And people should care if the POTUS uses his power to fill up his own underperforming property. You disagree?

    By the way, I never said it was illegal. It may be, but I didn't say it. It's disgusting. It's self-serving. It's wrong. Full stop - which is why most everyone in both parties objected to it.
    It's disgraceful. I'm going to maybe and I'm looking at it very seriously. We're doing some other things that you probably noticed like some of the very important things that we're doing now. But we're looking at it very seriously because you can't do that. - President Donald J. Trump

  7. #97
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    23,073

    Re: G7 Fiasco, Trump Lied Again

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Nobody should care if Doral makes a profit. And people should care if the POTUS uses his power to fill up his own underperforming property. You disagree?

    By the way, I never said it was illegal. It may be, but I didn't say it. It's disgusting. It's self-serving. It's wrong. Full stop - which is why most everyone in both parties objected to it.
    I couldn't care less about the G7 or Doral. I don't think holding the G7 at Doral would save it from it's fate, whatever it might be.

    I didn't say you did claim the affair is illegal. Many here have, and clearly without any evidence as the event has yet to occur.

    Trump should've known better than to propose it. It seems he's realized his mistake.

  8. #98
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    9,530

    Re: G7 Fiasco, Trump Lied Again

    Trump has been a crook and a liar for years. This offer may be above board, appropriate, whatever. But he long ago cashed in his “benefit of the doubt” chips, sometime between Trump University and birtherism. Hence there is automatic suspicion or cynicism of his actions in this case. That the hotel/resort is not doing well adds fuel.

    Some of his supporters not only would stay by him if he shot someone on Fifth Avenue as he bragged, they wouldn’t notice or care if he picked their pockets while doing so.

  9. #99
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,027

    Re: G7 Fiasco, Trump Lied Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Maybe this is a dumb question but if doing the G7 at Doral could be done for less money than doing it elsewhere (comparable elsewhere. I'm not talking about doing it at the Holiday Inn on the south side) would it still be a problem for you guys?
    It is too bad they changed venues, since it is such a fabulous place. It would have been perfect since all the international dignitaries could each have the own private living structure. It would have also been good for the USA, to have your President, be somewhere where he can be a total host, for both work and pleasure. This is how you can make better deals.

    http://besfilms.com/wp-content/uploa...mpressed-7.jpg

  10. #100
    Educator US&THEM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:01 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,044

    Re: G7 Fiasco, Trump Lied Again

    Quote Originally Posted by daeler View Post
    So if you care about the Law then you don't care whether or not Trump saves money for the tax payers or not in this instance since by taking the contract for the G7 he would be committing a felony.
    Does Lutherf think when a casino gives you a free night it is simply goodwill?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •