Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 158

Thread: Prediction: Warren moves to the center, loses the primary.

  1. #1
    New Killer Star Dans La Lune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,022

    Prediction: Warren moves to the center, loses the primary.

    There's no room to the left of Bernie Sanders among the candidates. Warren can not out-progressive Bernie. Warren has now said she's going to evaluate the Medicare For All numbers and put forth an analysis on how to pay for it. That would seem like a first step as a presidential candidate before endorsing Bernie's plan.

    I'd put any amount of money on Warren moving to the right of Sanders on healthcare reform. She's a politician at heart, not a revolutionary. You may like that, and that's great, but Warren will see room in the moderate/center with Biden's decline. She will grow in power among the moderates, but decline among the progressives. Part of her base will break for Bernie. Warren will be cornered in fund-raising, as she has already made a pledge not to take corporate money.

    Bernie's war-chest will grow, Warren's will wane. From there it will be death by a thousand cuts.

    I like Warren in some respects, and would vote for her if she was the last person standing, but she's no Bernie.
    I'm at peace with my lust
    I can kill 'cause in God I Trust, yeah
    It's evolution, baby

  2. #2
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,841

    Re: Prediction: Warren moves to the center, loses the primary.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dans La Lune View Post
    There's no room to the left of Bernie Sanders among the candidates. Warren can not out-progressive Bernie. Warren has now said she's going to evaluate the Medicare For All numbers and put forth an analysis on how to pay for it. That would seem like a first step as a presidential candidate before endorsing Bernie's plan.

    I'd put any amount of money on Warren moving to the right of Sanders on healthcare reform. She's a politician at heart, not a revolutionary. You may like that, and that's great, but Warren will see room in the moderate/center with Biden's decline. She will grow in power among the moderates, but decline among the progressives. Part of her base will break for Bernie. Warren will be cornered in fund-raising, as she has already made a pledge not to take corporate money.

    Bernie's war-chest will grow, Warren's will wane. From there it will be death by a thousand cuts.

    I like Warren in some respects, and would vote for her if she was the last person standing, but she's no Bernie.
    So Warren fails your progressive purity test. Got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I don't support democracy. Never had. Never will.
    Quote Originally Posted by KLATTU View Post
    Whatever else you can call Trump, he sure ain't no misogynist.
    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    A child, especially a son, is a man's life partner
    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I wish the USA would stay a white majority, but it won't.

  3. #3
    Sage
    Lovebug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,268

    Re: Prediction: Warren moves to the center, loses the primary.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dans La Lune View Post
    There's no room to the left of Bernie Sanders among the candidates. Warren can not out-progressive Bernie. Warren has now said she's going to evaluate the Medicare For All numbers and put forth an analysis on how to pay for it. That would seem like a first step as a presidential candidate before endorsing Bernie's plan.

    I'd put any amount of money on Warren moving to the right of Sanders on healthcare reform. She's a politician at heart, not a revolutionary. You may like that, and that's great, but Warren will see room in the moderate/center with Biden's decline. She will grow in power among the moderates, but decline among the progressives. Part of her base will break for Bernie. Warren will be cornered in fund-raising, as she has already made a pledge not to take corporate money.

    Bernie's war-chest will grow, Warren's will wane. From there it will be death by a thousand cuts.

    I like Warren in some respects, and would vote for her if she was the last person standing, but she's no Bernie.
    Independents will note her thoughtfulness and analytical mind.
    Titus 2:7-8

    People who want to argue, please find someone else


  4. #4
    New Killer Star Dans La Lune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,022

    Re: Prediction: Warren moves to the center, loses the primary.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    So Warren fails your progressive purity test. Got it.
    I said I'd vote for her. What more do you want? What about my analysis do you disagree with? Lets have a constructive conversation, or at least a critic of my prediction. I expect a bit better of you.
    I'm at peace with my lust
    I can kill 'cause in God I Trust, yeah
    It's evolution, baby

  5. #5
    New Killer Star Dans La Lune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,022

    Re: Prediction: Warren moves to the center, loses the primary.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
    Independents will note her thoughtfulness and analytical mind.
    Define independents.
    I'm at peace with my lust
    I can kill 'cause in God I Trust, yeah
    It's evolution, baby

  6. #6
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,841

    Re: Prediction: Warren moves to the center, loses the primary.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dans La Lune View Post
    I said I'd vote for her. What more do you want? What about my analysis do you disagree with? Lets have a constructive conversation, or at least a critic of my prediction. I expect a bit better of you.
    You could not have made your disdain for Warren any clearer. And you dodged my point. Why in your opinion does Warren fail the progressive purity test?
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I don't support democracy. Never had. Never will.
    Quote Originally Posted by KLATTU View Post
    Whatever else you can call Trump, he sure ain't no misogynist.
    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    A child, especially a son, is a man's life partner
    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I wish the USA would stay a white majority, but it won't.

  7. #7
    New Killer Star Dans La Lune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,022

    Re: Prediction: Warren moves to the center, loses the primary.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    You could not have made your disdain for Warren any clearer.
    Please quote my disdain without your editorializing.

    And you dodged my point. Why in your opinion does Warren fail the progressive purity test?
    I never said there was a progressive purity test. This is your strawman. My OP is very clear. Bernie is to the left of Warren, Warren will move to the center because that's where there's room to grow. Some will like it, some won't.

    Don't put words in my mouth. You're better than that.
    I'm at peace with my lust
    I can kill 'cause in God I Trust, yeah
    It's evolution, baby

  8. #8
    Sage
    Lovebug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,268

    Re: Prediction: Warren moves to the center, loses the primary.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dans La Lune View Post
    Define independents.
    True Independents are those of us who can't be compromised by the 2 party system who takes votes for granted, and is more interested in staying in power than to work for the people.
    Titus 2:7-8

    People who want to argue, please find someone else


  9. #9
    New Killer Star Dans La Lune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,022

    Re: Prediction: Warren moves to the center, loses the primary.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
    True Independents are those of us who can't be compromised by the 2 party system who takes votes for granted, and is more interested in staying in power than to work for the people.
    That's pretty vague. Democrats are largely a CENTRIST party. Are you saying independents are more centrist than the existing centrist make-up of the Democratic party?

    How much more compromising do the Democrats have to do to win over the independents? I really don't understand, so please explain it to me.
    I'm at peace with my lust
    I can kill 'cause in God I Trust, yeah
    It's evolution, baby

  10. #10
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,841

    Re: Prediction: Warren moves to the center, loses the primary.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dans La Lune View Post
    Please quote my disdain without your editorializing.

    I never said there was a progressive purity test. This is your strawman. My OP is very clear. Bernie is to the left of Warren, Warren will move to the center because that's where there's room to grow. Some will like it, some won't.

    Don't put words in my mouth. You're better than that.
    Obviously you didn't take the hint the first time. I know what a progressive purity test is when I see one. And this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Dans La Lune View Post
    There's no room to the left of Bernie Sanders among the candidates. Warren can not out-progressive Bernie. Warren has now said she's going to evaluate the Medicare For All numbers and put forth an analysis on how to pay for it. That would seem like a first step as a presidential candidate before endorsing Bernie's plan.

    I'd put any amount of money on Warren moving to the right of Sanders on healthcare reform. She's a politician at heart, not a revolutionary. You may like that, and that's great, but Warren will see room in the moderate/center with Biden's decline. She will grow in power among the moderates, but decline among the progressives. Part of her base will break for Bernie. Warren will be cornered in fund-raising, as she has already made a pledge not to take corporate money.

    Bernie's war-chest will grow, Warren's will wane. From there it will be death by a thousand cuts.

    I like Warren in some respects, and would vote for her if she was the last person standing, but she's no Bernie.
    Could not have been more clear in its disdain for a candidate who is "not progressive enough."

    Do you demand a point-by-point explanation, or are you finally willing to do a little critical analysis yourself?
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I don't support democracy. Never had. Never will.
    Quote Originally Posted by KLATTU View Post
    Whatever else you can call Trump, he sure ain't no misogynist.
    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    A child, especially a son, is a man's life partner
    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I wish the USA would stay a white majority, but it won't.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •