Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 292

Thread: How come Norway gets to buy cadillac universal healthcare for its people and the US can't?

  1. #21
    Guru
    Zalatix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    10-22-19 @ 05:39 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    3,225
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: How come Norway gets to buy cadillac universal healthcare for its people and the US can't?

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    Stalin and Hitler were not socialists. Just because you call yourself something does not make it so. You can say you are a potato but you are not because at least you can type. It might help to actually study up on socialism and find out what it is.
    I call myself a MAGA cultist even though I want Trump and all Republicans deported to a desert island. Fite me right wingers
    Conservatives either kill innocent people or defend killers with endless whataboutisms.
    "Dead kids and dead innocent people are the price of liberty!" - Conservatives
    Meet your new Speaker of the House, Conservatives!
    https://i.imgur.com/KXoqQHd.jpg

  2. #22
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    north carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    19,974

    Re: How come Norway gets to buy cadillac universal healthcare for its people and the US can't?

    Quote Originally Posted by JustHanging View Post
    Oh, really? You don't have a fire department? Or a police department? No public schools? No roads? No sewer system?
    Government services paid for by taxation is a capitalist concept as well

    We all have to pay for that. If they government keeps lowering taxes to one segment of the population, then they have to collect more from the other segments of the population.
    Unless spending goes down. Also if raising taxes too high or lowering taxes too low lowers economic activity and threatens economic hardships then the taxes must be returned to normal for optimal results.

    As Trump helped pass a huge tax cut for billionaires, he will save tens of millions of dollars.
    A dictator setting tax rates is not a capitalist idea, it is socialist. In the American capitalist system Congress sets the tax policies, not the president.

    So now someone else has to pay those tens of millions of dollars. Like the families whose children die because apparently the USA can't afford a proper healthcare system.
    It is a wild stretch to claim children are dying because Congress does not charge Americans enough in taxes and does not go into even greater debt through credit spending on Cadillac healthcare plans it cannot afford.

    Actually you will likely end up saving money. Americans spend almost twice what Canadians spend on healthcare, for poorer outcomes. Americans spend almost twice what nearly ever other Western democracy pays for healthcare.
    Americans do spend money on healthcare and on other things using money left over after paying their taxes. Under Obamacare private healthcare was eliminated and replaced with a government healthcare policy which was much more expensive and a lot less desirable and which turned out to be a tax which was monitored and assessed like any other tax by the IRS.

  3. #23
    Sage

    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    33,302

    Re: How come Norway gets to buy cadillac universal healthcare for its people and the US can't?

    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    ....

    Jesus never blamed the poverty of the poor on the prosperity of the rich, aside from unethical business practices where the rich specifically cheat the poor out of money that is theirs by right. Capitalism also frowns upon corrupt and unlawful, immoral, and unethical business practices....
    Only because it's regulated.
    DEMOCRAT 2020

  4. #24
    Engineer
    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American Refugee in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,233

    Re: How come Norway gets to buy cadillac universal healthcare for its people and the US can't?

    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    Maybe because the US is maxed out on credit and Norway isn't? Norway has a yearly budget surplus of +14% of GDP. The US has a negative surplus of -6.8% of GDP and getting worse every year.
    People like you are specifically the reason we can't have that. You actively fight against the US having cheap and high quality healthcare. When you start admitting to yourself and to your representatives that we want affordable universal healthcare we might have a chance of getting it.

    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    I don't think it is as easy as adoption. Norway had to pay more than $6,000 per person for their government healthcare for which they taxed Norwegians 10% more than the US taxes its wage earners. I think Pocahontas knows this which is why she is keeping secret about how much she plans to raise taxes on the middle class in order to buy expensive universal healthcare for every legal and illegal bum in the country.
    This is a LIE. All expenses considered, Norway pays DRAMATICALLY LESS per capita for Healthcare than we do. The system costs less than ours, not more. There are no secret taxes or tricks.

  5. #25
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Idaho
    Last Seen
    11-19-19 @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    3,207

    Re: How come Norway gets to buy cadillac universal healthcare for its people and the US can't?

    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    Maybe because the US is maxed out on credit and Norway isn't? Norway has a yearly budget surplus of +14% of GDP. The US has a negative surplus of -6.8% of GDP and getting worse every year.
    Norway is a NATO country

    It's amazing what you can do when you have a "Big Brother" in your corner like the U.S. to protect your ass

    And it's also stupid of the U.S. to protect them
    Firebrand - Agitator

    Unknown Quantity: a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

  6. #26
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,606

    Re: How come Norway gets to buy cadillac universal healthcare for its people and the US can't?

    A country is only as good as the character of its people.

    So this country's imperfections, including its healthcare system, should come as no surprise to anyone.

  7. #27
    Sage
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Devonshire, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,740

    Re: How come Norway gets to buy cadillac universal healthcare for its people and the US can't?

    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    Bernie claims Pocahontas is a capitalist and that he is a socialist. I don't agree with either of them. Stalin was a socialist and Hitler was a socialist. Maybe socialism is the result of old age.
    Hitler was a socialist? Is there no end to your ignorance on the subject? If Hitler (a rabid, far-right fascist), was what you claim, perhaps you might explain why the first people he rounded up and sent to concentration camps and certain death were...socialists, his mortal enemies along with Jews, of course.

    Holocaust victims - Wikipedia
    Last edited by snakestretcher; 10-20-19 at 09:16 AM.
    Proud to be a godless heathen.

  8. #28
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,164

    Re: How come Norway gets to buy cadillac universal healthcare for its people and the US can't?

    Check out the tax structure in Norway.

  9. #29
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Idaho
    Last Seen
    11-19-19 @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    3,207

    Re: How come Norway gets to buy cadillac universal healthcare for its people and the US can't?

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    the US can have better universal health care. we just need to reprioritize and do it.
    And you do know it always cost way.... more than what they tell us right?
    Firebrand - Agitator

    Unknown Quantity: a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

  10. #30
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Idaho
    Last Seen
    11-19-19 @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    3,207

    Re: How come Norway gets to buy cadillac universal healthcare for its people and the US can't?

    Quote Originally Posted by Logical1 View Post
    Check out the tax structure in Norway.
    I'm afraid to(LOL)
    Firebrand - Agitator

    Unknown Quantity: a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •