Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 111

Thread: Clinton/Biden/Trump

  1. #71

    Re: Clinton/Biden/Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    LOL That means you cannot believe one word he says then. Do you think the media would be more credible to you if they ignored stories that were negative for Trump? It appears that you don't like negative stories about him whether they are fact or not.
    Im not emotionally invested either way.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  2. #72
    Sage
    Mach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    18,757

    Re: Clinton/Biden/Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    I told you what the law says. I knew it didn't apply days ago and said so at the time when I saw what the law said. The office of the DNI said it didn't apply and why. Now that you know what the law says, explain what you learned ... why doesn't it apply to a POTUS?
    So you already made up your mind - without the details. But you're asking for the details before believing the opposition is correct in wanting to learn the details. Do you really think in this crazy way or are you trolling me?

  3. #73
    Exposing GOP since 2015
    NeverTrump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Post-Trump America
    Last Seen
    10-14-19 @ 11:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    24,096
    Blog Entries
    27

    Re: Clinton/Biden/Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    And what were those serious problems involving intelligence activities?
    What do we know? Well we know that:

    1. Trump sent his "personal attorney" with state dept funding to dig up dirt on a political opponent in exchange for military funding which is pretty much what you all accused Clinton/Biden of doing.

    2. We know that dumbass Rudy corroborated the story live on CNN.

    3. Trump thinks it is illegal if a politician tried to use Ukraine (or other countries) to investigate a political rival and has accused Hillary Clinton of doing this 100+ times.

    4. Thereby for years you and other Trump supporters have been posting that the collusion was done by Democrats and Clinton/intelligence officers should go to prison for doing the stuff you claim is no big deal now.

    5. Accepting dirt on your opponents from a foreign power is considered treason.

    6. Trump threatened to withdraw aid (and DID!) If they didn't follow through with what he demanded but all I'm reading is why is it concerning?

    7. Why is Trump demanding other countries to interfere in our election?

    8. We also know Trump said that he would accept foreign interference from other countries during the election

    9 We know Trump asked Ukraine a total of eight times and that there is audio recorded evidence of the process.

    10. We also know that Trump and Barr are responsible for shielding the attempt to make all of the details public

    So yes, there are serious problems involving intelligence activities.
    The next few days are going to be a category Level 5 hurricane of trolls, bots, conspiracy theories, fake stories, hoaxes, and hit jobs. MAGA-land is in panic mode, and it will be ugly. Be careful, be skeptical, share good stuff, report bad stuff, and don't argue with idiots.

  4. #74
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,117
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Clinton/Biden/Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by NeverTrump View Post
    So why are news organizations saying specific facts about said claims like the payment price and the number of times Trump asked Ukraine to look into Joe Biden?
    I guess you've noticed that those news organizations had to clarify their original story. No quid pro quo as far as they know. They didn't make that clear with the original claims. Typical liberal news, rush to print without any evidence and often with evidence contradicting what they printed. Hate and liberalism just can't do things right it seems.

  5. #75
    Exposing GOP since 2015
    NeverTrump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Post-Trump America
    Last Seen
    10-14-19 @ 11:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    24,096
    Blog Entries
    27

    Re: Clinton/Biden/Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Integrityrespec View Post
    I guess you've noticed that those news organizations had to clarify their original story. No quid pro quo as far as they know. They didn't make that clear with the original claims. Typical liberal news, rush to print without any evidence and often with evidence contradicting what they printed. Hate and liberalism just can't do things right it seems.
    And what of the conservative news that rush to praise Trump and spread outright lies and fabrication? Also is your defense really that "It sure is a good thing that the President of Ukraine isn't more corrupt than Trump."
    The next few days are going to be a category Level 5 hurricane of trolls, bots, conspiracy theories, fake stories, hoaxes, and hit jobs. MAGA-land is in panic mode, and it will be ugly. Be careful, be skeptical, share good stuff, report bad stuff, and don't argue with idiots.

  6. #76
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,717

    Re: Clinton/Biden/Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    So you already made up your mind - without the details. But you're asking for the details before believing the opposition is correct in wanting to learn the details. Do you really think in this crazy way or are you trolling me?
    I read the law, I saw what the DNI said initially, I saw that the DOJ agreed and added the additional complication of executive privilege.
    Now, unless you're trolling me ... what do you know different?

    IF EVERYTHING IS IMPORTANT THEN NOTHING IS

  7. #77
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,717

    Re: Clinton/Biden/Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by NeverTrump View Post
    What do we know? Well we know that:

    1. Trump sent his "personal attorney" with state dept funding to dig up dirt on a political opponent in exchange for military funding which is pretty much what you all accused Clinton/Biden of doing.

    2. We know that dumbass Rudy corroborated the story live on CNN.

    3. Trump thinks it is illegal if a politician tried to use Ukraine (or other countries) to investigate a political rival and has accused Hillary Clinton of doing this 100+ times.

    4. Thereby for years you and other Trump supporters have been posting that the collusion was done by Democrats and Clinton/intelligence officers should go to prison for doing the stuff you claim is no big deal now.

    5. Accepting dirt on your opponents from a foreign power is considered treason.

    6. Trump threatened to withdraw aid (and DID!) If they didn't follow through with what he demanded but all I'm reading is why is it concerning?

    7. Why is Trump demanding other countries to interfere in our election?

    8. We also know Trump said that he would accept foreign interference from other countries during the election

    9 We know Trump asked Ukraine a total of eight times and that there is audio recorded evidence of the process.

    10. We also know that Trump and Barr are responsible for shielding the attempt to make all of the details public

    So yes, there are serious problems involving intelligence activities.
    So, as predicted, you've had to move on from the whistleblower law that didn't apply.
    True to form.

    IF EVERYTHING IS IMPORTANT THEN NOTHING IS

  8. #78
    Sage
    Mach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    18,757

    Re: Clinton/Biden/Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    I read the law, I saw what the DNI said initially, I saw that the DOJ agreed and added the additional complication of executive privilege. Now, unless you're trolling me ... what do you know different?
    Trump's DOJ said it's not a big deal? LOL. And yet you don't have the details of the whistleblower complain to determine if what DOJ said is appropriate. We don't know if it was appropriate for DNI to first go to DOJ either. DOJ's first claim is that since the whistleblower complaint is about urgent and concerning actions of Trump, therefore it's not "urgent", and does not have to be forwarded. Their fallback position, is that Trump also claims executive privilege.

  9. #79
    Exposing GOP since 2015
    NeverTrump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Post-Trump America
    Last Seen
    10-14-19 @ 11:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    24,096
    Blog Entries
    27

    Re: Clinton/Biden/Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    So, as predicted, you've had to move on from the whistleblower law that didn't apply.
    True to form.
    Yeah, that's b/c I already debunked your concerns about the whistle-blower. As predicted, you are getting backed into a corner with no arguments left as the scandal gets worse and worse, since Trump appears to have done this to protect Manafort, who is currently in prison anyway.
    The next few days are going to be a category Level 5 hurricane of trolls, bots, conspiracy theories, fake stories, hoaxes, and hit jobs. MAGA-land is in panic mode, and it will be ugly. Be careful, be skeptical, share good stuff, report bad stuff, and don't argue with idiots.

  10. #80
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,717

    Re: Clinton/Biden/Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    Trump's DOJ said it's not a big deal? LOL. And yet you don't have the details of the whistleblower complain to determine if what DOJ said is appropriate. We don't know if it was appropriate for DNI to first go to DOJ either. DOJ's first claim is that since the whistleblower complaint is about urgent and concerning actions of Trump, therefore it's not "urgent", and does not have to be forwarded. Their fallback position, is that Trump also claims executive privilege.
    Common sense should tell you that Executive Privilege is in the mix ... but it's not a fallback ... it's an insurmountable hurdle.
    The other hurdle is that THAT Law itself doesn't apply to conduct by someone outside the intel community.
    It's in the text of the Law.
    Both of those are pretty much settled.

    I'm afraid you're gonna lose another one.
    Your only hope remains that there might be something in the phone call that sounds inappropriate.
    THAT'S the fallback position and I recognize from experience that no matter what was said, certain people will call it damning.
    Those people have consistently been wrong for years.

    IF EVERYTHING IS IMPORTANT THEN NOTHING IS

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •