Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 279

Thread: Nearly Half Of The US Homeless Live In California

  1. #1
    Sage
    Moderate Right's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    36,088

    Nearly Half Of The US Homeless Live In California

    Nearly half of the U.S.’s homeless people live in one state: California - MarketWatch


    I'm finally beginning to see the liberal light. I now understand that this is what liberals want - non workers mooching off of the federal government, living in a generational cycle of poverty where they can't even afford housing of any kind. And, open the borders to more illegals so they can join the crowd. If liberals wanted to fix the problem they could fix it at the state level but they won't because this is the way they want it and then blame it on the feds and on Trump and the Republicans.

  2. #2
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,625

    Re: Nearly Half Of The US Homeless Live In California

    Or perhaps the other state bus their homeless to California, to get rid of their problem and make it California's

    Personally I think California should give each homeless person a bus ticket, and $200 to move to Kansas. The $200 can only be accessed 2 weeks after being in Kansas.
    Ignorance is Bliss, You seem very happy today

    Free Scotland

  3. #3
    Sage
    Linc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL—16
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    44,484

    Re: Nearly Half Of The US Homeless Live In California

    20% of the US homeless are Veterans.
    Chemists Have Solutions; formerly nimby

  4. #4
    A sinister place...
    OrphanSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,430

    Re: Nearly Half Of The US Homeless Live In California

    California sure made a mess of this one.
    "Democracy without respect for individual rights sucks. It's just ganging up against the weird kid, and I'm always the weird kid." - Penn Jillette.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Mach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    18,852

    Re: Nearly Half Of The US Homeless Live In California

    Southpark?

    Good weather for being homeless, sadly, and incredibly high cost of housing due to that weather and large desirable city markets. Why aren't they all jammed up in fly over states? I wonder.

    With all the issues we have nationally, why is Trump harping about California on state issues anyway. All red meat for the base...blah blah hate California, yuck yuck, the base loves it.

  6. #6
    Sage
    SenorXm/Sirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    New York State, USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,154

    Re: Nearly Half Of The US Homeless Live In California

    It is a hoot when Trumpsters come here weekly and try to make California out to be a 3rd world country... lol They have what? The 5th or so largest economy in the world.

    And what do the Trumpster Republicans have? Mississippi which is 50th in everything in the US and does mooch Fed money... If it wasn't for their mooching off of California and NY, etc. Mississippi and many other red states would be a 3rd world countries...
    “If you can convince the lowest white man he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he’ll empty his pockets for you.”
    President Lyndon Baines Johnson...

  7. #7
    Sage
    Linc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL—16
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    44,484

    Re: Nearly Half Of The US Homeless Live In California

    Quote Originally Posted by SenorXm/Sirius View Post
    It is a hoot when Trumpsters come here weekly and try to make California out to be a 3rd world country... lol They have what? The 5th or so largest economy in the world.

    And what do the Trumpster Republicans have? Mississippi which is 50th in everything in the US and does mooch Fed money... If it wasn't for their mooching off of California and NY, etc. Mississippi and many other red states would be a 3rd world countries...
    If they really cared about the homeless, they wouldn’t be making this a partisan issue. About 25% of all homeless in California are Veterans. All they have is division, not solutions.
    Chemists Have Solutions; formerly nimby

  8. #8
    Educator nitroexpress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    960

    Re: Nearly Half Of The US Homeless Live In California

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    Nearly half of the U.S.’s homeless people live in one state: California - MarketWatch


    I'm finally beginning to see the liberal light. I now understand that this is what liberals want - non workers mooching off of the federal government, living in a generational cycle of poverty where they can't even afford housing of any kind. And, open the borders to more illegals so they can join the crowd. If liberals wanted to fix the problem they could fix it at the state level but they won't because this is the way they want it and then blame it on the feds and on Trump and the Republicans.
    If Newsom would stay home in CA and seriously work on the pee, poop, drugs and homelessness in the state, it would be great. Instead he's flitting about playing world leader and basically inviting more "visitors" to cross our border.

    Forget the trip to El Salvador, Newsom needs to focus on California’s problems - Los Angeles Times

    Gov. Gavin Newsom says El Salvador trip a counter to President Trump
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    ----Sun Tzu----


  9. #9
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    26,722
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Nearly Half Of The US Homeless Live In California

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    Nearly half of the U.S.’s homeless people live in one state: California - MarketWatch


    I'm finally beginning to see the liberal light. I now understand that this is what liberals want - non workers mooching off of the federal government, living in a generational cycle of poverty where they can't even afford housing of any kind. And, open the borders to more illegals so they can join the crowd. If liberals wanted to fix the problem they could fix it at the state level but they won't because this is the way they want it and then blame it on the feds and on Trump and the Republicans.
    The rate of homelessness (per 100,000) is highest in DC, twice what it is anywhere else, followed in order by New York, Hawaii, Oregon and then California.
    Any idiot knows that comparing raw numbers is a stupid way to use statistics.

    • Homelessness rate in the U.S., by state 2018 | Statista
    “China will not interfere in the internal affairs of the US, and we trust that the American people will be able to sort out their own problems"
    -China's Foreign Minister Wang Yi-

  10. #10
    Sage
    SenorXm/Sirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    New York State, USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,154

    Re: Nearly Half Of The US Homeless Live In California

    Quote Originally Posted by Linc View Post
    If they really cared about the homeless, they wouldn’t be making this a partisan issue. About 25% of all homeless in California are Veterans. All they have is division, not solutions.
    Republicans don't give a rats ass about Vets. They just use them as pawns. Unfortunately the poorly educated Republican base believes the GOP lies.
    “If you can convince the lowest white man he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he’ll empty his pockets for you.”
    President Lyndon Baines Johnson...

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •