Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 168

Thread: If the Democrats were smart...

  1. #1
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,466
    Blog Entries
    15

    If the Democrats were smart...

    Frankly, I like President Trump and I believe he's a lock for re-election in 2020.
    Having said that, I do believe that if the Democrats were smart and daring, they'd get behind Tulsi Gabbard.



    She's young and sharp and earnest and thinks on her feet.
    The Dems could run her on a "New Camelot" concept and really inspire an otherwise divided nation with hope for an American renascence.
    Head to head in debate, Trump will eat the other Democratic hopefuls for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
    But Tulsi, I believe, could give a good accounting of herself against Trump.

    What do you think of a Tulsi Gabbard nomination?
    Last edited by Angel; 09-14-19 at 02:35 PM.

  2. #2
    Engineer
    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American Refugee in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,092

    Re: If the Democrats were smart...

    If she was still in the race or won the nomination, conservatives like yourself would still whine and cry about her while slandering her every chance you get like with every other candidate. Pardon me if we don't care about your recommendations.

  3. #3
    Guru Trump's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Laguna Beach
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,423

    Re: If the Democrats were smart...

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Frankly, I like President Trump and I believe he's a lock for re-election in 2020.
    Having said that, I do believe that if the Democrats were smart and daring, they'd get behind Tulsi Gabbard.



    She's young and sharp and earnest and thinks on her feet.
    The Dems could run her on a "New Camelot" concept and really inspire an otherwise divided nation with hope for an American renascence.
    Head to head in debate, Trump will eat the other Democratic hopefuls for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
    But Tulsi, I believe, could give a good accounting of herself against Trump.

    What do you think of a Tulsi Gabbard nomination?
    save her for 2024....
    PLEASE RACIST GOP GO TO THIS SITE AND LISTEN TO INTERVIEWS.....LINK

  4. #4
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,466
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: If the Democrats were smart...

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    If she was still in the race or won the nomination, conservatives like yourself would still whine and cry about her while slandering her every chance you get like with every other candidate. Pardon me if we don't care about your recommendations.
    Sure I pardon you. And you will reciprocate and pardon my not giving a tinker's damn what you think of me, my recommendation, or conservatives.

  5. #5
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:44 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,759

    Re: If the Democrats were smart...

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Frankly, I like President Trump and I believe he's a lock for re-election in 2020.
    Having said that, I do believe that if the Democrats were smart and daring, they'd get behind Tulsi Gabbard.



    She's young and sharp and earnest and thinks on her feet.
    The Dems could run her on a "New Camelot" concept and really inspire an otherwise divided nation with hope for an American renascence.
    Head to head in debate, Trump will eat the other Democratic hopefuls for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
    But Tulsi, I believe, could give a good accounting of herself against Trump.

    What do you think of a Tulsi Gabbard nomination?
    The only Dem worth a damn in the whole lot. I feel the same way.

  6. #6
    Sage RaleBulgarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,530

    Re: If the Democrats were smart...

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Frankly, I like President Trump and I believe he's a lock for re-election in 2020.
    Having said that, I do believe that if the Democrats were smart and daring, they'd get behind Tulsi Gabbard.



    She's young and sharp and earnest and thinks on her feet.
    The Dems could run her on a "New Camelot" concept and really inspire an otherwise divided nation with hope for an American renascence.
    Head to head in debate, Trump will eat the other Democratic hopefuls for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
    But Tulsi, I believe, could give a good accounting of herself against Trump.

    What do you think of a Tulsi Gabbard nomination?
    Not gonna happen.

    And you’re wrong about Trump eating up the other candidates too. Harris, the former CA AG, would absolutely shred Trump. Buttigieg would hit Trump with so much actual knowledge of our government and how it’s supposed to work that Trump would be gobsmacked. Warren (baggage and all) would annihilate Trump with her knowledge, experience, and actual plans vs Trump’s complete fabrications. Sanders would flat out out shout Trump. Booker, and Biden more so, I don’t have much confidence in.
    if we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, we are unable to reach that judgment.

  7. #7
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,466
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: If the Democrats were smart...

    Quote Originally Posted by RaleBulgarian View Post
    Not gonna happen.
    That's too bad. As an American I would have liked to see a real challenge to the incumbent.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaleBulgarian View Post
    And you’re wrong about Trump eating up the other candidates too. Harris, the former CA AG, would absolutely shred Trump. Buttigieg would hit Trump with so much actual knowledge of our government and how it’s supposed to work that Trump would be gobsmacked. Warren (baggage and all) would annihilate Trump with her knowledge, experience, and actual plans vs Trump’s complete fabrications. Sanders would flat out out shout Trump. Booker, and Biden more so, I don’t have much confidence in.
    Well, we shall see, yes?

  8. #8
    Sage RaleBulgarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,530

    Re: If the Democrats were smart...

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    That's too bad. As an American I would have liked to see a real challenge to the incumbent.
    Short sighted or narrow minded view keeping you from recognizing other capable and qualified candidates?

    Gabbard isn’t exactly at the top of anyone’s list. Maybe there are some reasons?

    11) Tulsi Gabbard
    Website: Tulsi2020.com
    Gabbard, 38, is the first Hindu to serve in the House of Representatives. She’s pitching herself to progressives (including with a bill to legalize marijuana) and to pacifists: The Iraq veteran is running against endless wars. Gabbard has shown poise on the debate stage and gained an enthusiastic grassroots following. But there’s something off. Her campaign continues to get a odd signal boost from Russian propaganda networks and the Putin government itself.
    Signature Policy: Gabbard has staked her campaign in opposition to wars of regime change. But her foreign policy credentials are unsettling: She visited Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad in 2017 on a secret “fact-finding” mission and dismissed his opposition — across the board — as terrorists. (Read more about Gabbard’s platform.)
    Signature Apology: Into adulthood, Gabbard espoused virulently anti-LGBTQ views. She released an apology video saying, “In my past, I said and believed things that were wrong.”
    RS Coverage: Who’s Afraid of Tulsi Gabbard?
    Democratic 2020 Presidential Candidates Ranked – Rolling Stone
    if we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, we are unable to reach that judgment.

  9. #9
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    63,917

    Re: If the Democrats were smart...

    "What Democrats really should do is vote for a Republican."
    “personal attorney” to Individual-1, who at that point had become the President of the United States
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I don't know who [Individual-1] is and neither do you.

  10. #10
    Respected on both sides

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    58,345

    Re: If the Democrats were smart...

    Not sure if the preference of somebody who likes Trump really holds a lot of value for me.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •