Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 99

Thread: The Party Stupid Enough to Call You a Racist...

  1. #1
    Curmudgeon

    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,170
    Blog Entries
    12

    The Party Stupid Enough to Call You a Racist...

    ...is too stupid to govern.

    The "insult them and shame them until they join us" strategy isn't going to work.

    Many people don't like Trump, but they like being smeared as a bunch of racists even less. They dislike and are repelled by the unfair and false rhetoric coming from the extreme left, which appears to be in control of the Democratic Party agenda.

    Stupid Democrats Will Lose By Calling Trump Supporters Racist

    If I don't answer your post it's because you lost the debate.

  2. #2
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,016

    Re: The Party Stupid Enough to Call You a Racist...

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    ...is too stupid to govern.

    The "insult them and shame them until they join us" strategy isn't going to work.

    Many people don't like Trump, but they like being smeared as a bunch of racists even less. They dislike and are repelled by the unfair and false rhetoric coming from the extreme left, which appears to be in control of the Democratic Party agenda.

    Stupid Democrats Will Lose By Calling Trump Supporters Racist
    If Trump supporters don't like being called racists, then they shouldn't support a racist like Trump. Too bad so sad, move along.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logical1 View Post
    Which is greater, the life of the baby or a womans "rights"??????
    Quote Originally Posted by Praxas
    Yes, we know that you don't care Trump bragged about walking in on underage girls naked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And that bothers you because????????

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    02-04-20 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    11,484

    Re: The Party Stupid Enough to Call You a Racist...

    Quote Originally Posted by Praxas View Post
    If Trump supporters don't like being called racists, then they shouldn't support a racist like Trump. Too bad so sad, move along.
    Precisely this. Then again, freedom of speech is a good thing for this particular reason; the public is thus informed of the hideous beliefs of a variety of people, and can shun them accordingly.

  4. #4
    Sage
    TomFitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,029

    Re: The Party Stupid Enough to Call You a Racist...

    PJ Media?

    Seriously?

    A right wing trash blog that has a long history of echoing Trump’s race baiting is lecturing people about calling out their own editorial policy?

    Nobody reads this trash other than Trumpsters, anyway.

  5. #5
    Classical Liberal Sage
    Captain Adverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mid-West USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,061
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The Party Stupid Enough to Call You a Racist...

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    ...is too stupid to govern.

    The "insult them and shame them until they join us" strategy isn't going to work.

    Many people don't like Trump, but they like being smeared as a bunch of racists even less. They dislike and are repelled by the unfair and false rhetoric coming from the extreme left, which appears to be in control of the Democratic Party agenda.

    Stupid Democrats Will Lose By Calling Trump Supporters Racist
    IMO anyone who tries to demonize their opponents instead of directly addressing an issue has lost whatever argument they think they are making.

    So while I might agree that labeling people racist, sexist, etc. is no argument, I have to point out that calling anyone "stupid" is also not an argument.
    If I stop responding it doesn't mean I've conceded the point or agree with you. It only means I've made my point and I don't mind you having the last word. Please wait a few minutes before "quoting" me. I often correct errors for a minute or two after I post before the final product is ready.

  6. #6
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    56,893

    Re: The Party Stupid Enough to Call You a Racist...

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    ...is too stupid to govern.

    The "insult them and shame them until they join us" strategy isn't going to work.

    Many people don't like Trump, but they like being smeared as a bunch of racists even less. They dislike and are repelled by the unfair and false rhetoric coming from the extreme left, which appears to be in control of the Democratic Party agenda.

    Stupid Democrats Will Lose By Calling Trump Supporters Racist
    I think the American people are wearying of "If you don't agree with me, you're a racist."

    From your source (and referring to a Beto O'Rourke remark):

    This is really, really stupid. Most Americans don't hate Trump as much as most liberal Democrats do. Most Americans see through the hysterical exaggerations about Trump and many appear bewildered by the vitriol. Even if they don't like Trump -- and there are many reasons not to -- the Democrats' rhetoric offends their sense of fair play. Thus, every time Democrats go off on Trump, accusing him of all sorts of perfidy and hateful things, Trump probably gets another 10,000 votes. Stupid Democrats Will Lose By Calling Trump Supporters Racist

  7. #7
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Devonshire, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,652

    Re: The Party Stupid Enough to Call You a Racist...

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    I think the American people are wearying of "If you don't agree with me, you're a racist."

    From your source (and referring to a Beto O'Rourke remark):

    This is really, really stupid. Most Americans don't hate Trump as much as most liberal Democrats do. Most Americans see through the hysterical exaggerations about Trump and many appear bewildered by the vitriol. Even if they don't like Trump -- and there are many reasons not to -- the Democrats' rhetoric offends their sense of fair play. Thus, every time Democrats go off on Trump, accusing him of all sorts of perfidy and hateful things, Trump probably gets another 10,000 votes. Stupid Democrats Will Lose By Calling Trump Supporters Racist
    Unlikely. Trump's 'popularity' has tanked.
    Proud to be a godless heathen.

  8. #8
    Sage
    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    05-08-20 @ 06:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    36,760

    Re: The Party Stupid Enough to Call You a Racist...

    Quote Originally Posted by Praxas View Post
    If Trump supporters don't like being called racists, then they shouldn't support a racist like Trump. Too bad so sad, move along.
    Or, everyday Americans can just view the propaganda the indoctrinated on the left are controlled with, and vote accordingly.
    Nancy Pelosi: March, 2019
    "Impeachment is so divisive to the country that unless there’s something so compelling and overwhelming and bipartisan, I don’t think we should go down that path, because it divides the country,”

  9. #9
    Classical Liberal Sage
    Captain Adverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mid-West USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,061
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The Party Stupid Enough to Call You a Racist...

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    I think the American people are wearying of "If you don't agree with me, you're a racist."

    From your source (and referring to a Beto O'Rourke remark):

    This is really, really stupid. Most Americans don't hate Trump as much as most liberal Democrats do. Most Americans see through the hysterical exaggerations about Trump and many appear bewildered by the vitriol. Even if they don't like Trump -- and there are many reasons not to -- the Democrats' rhetoric offends their sense of fair play. Thus, every time Democrats go off on Trump, accusing him of all sorts of perfidy and hateful things, Trump probably gets another 10,000 votes. Stupid Democrats Will Lose By Calling Trump Supporters Racist
    The bolded section is a reasonable assessment, and posits an interesting point of discussion.

    That is negated when the target audience is labeled in such a way that they won't bother to consider it, so angered and focused are they on the labeling.

    This has been my problem with many conversations in this Forum. That many members revert to school-yard bullying tactics of labeling and denigrating rather than arguing and discussing.

    Once you've called someone "stupid," or "racist," or whatever, you have ended an argument and diverted to a personal dispute.

    I agree with the bolded section of this citation. I think the tactics being used by the Democrats are backfiring on them, but they can't see it because the MSM supports such narratives and bolsters them because it sells news/views.
    Last edited by Captain Adverse; 08-22-19 at 09:15 AM.
    If I stop responding it doesn't mean I've conceded the point or agree with you. It only means I've made my point and I don't mind you having the last word. Please wait a few minutes before "quoting" me. I often correct errors for a minute or two after I post before the final product is ready.

  10. #10
    Curmudgeon

    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,170
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: The Party Stupid Enough to Call You a Racist...

    Quote Originally Posted by Praxas View Post
    If Trump supporters don't like being called racists, then they shouldn't support a racist like Trump. Too bad so sad, move along.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscurity View Post
    Precisely this. Then again, freedom of speech is a good thing for this particular reason; the public is thus informed of the hideous beliefs of a variety of people, and can shun them accordingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomFitz View Post
    PJ Media?

    Seriously?

    A right wing trash blog that has a long history of echoing Trump’s race baiting is lecturing people about calling out their own editorial policy?

    Nobody reads this trash other than Trumpsters, anyway.
    I pretty much expected the usual suspects to double down on the "you're all a bunch of racists" strategy. They should prepare themselves to be losers in 2020.

    If I don't answer your post it's because you lost the debate.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •