Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 97

Thread: Trump Administration argues that employers should be permitted to fire Transgender workers.

  1. #1
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    313

    Trump Administration argues that employers should be permitted to fire Transgender workers.

    DOJ Asks Supreme Court to Permit Transgender Work Discrimination | Time

    This is shameful position by the Trump Administration.

    Here's the story: A funeral director, Aimee Stephens, came out as transgender, and ended up getting fired for refusing to wear men's clothing to work. The courts ruled that transgender people are not federally protected, but the funeral home did discriminate based on sex. As in, the funeral home only allows people with penises to wear suits to work, and people with vaginas to wear skirts. Saying that a "biological male" has to wear a suit to work is discrimination, and they are right. Forget about the transgender part, what is really at stake is the concept that workers should be forced to wear clothing associated with their genitalia.

    Now apparently the Trump Administration is siding with the funeral home, arguing they have the right to discriminate against their fellow man. In my view, this is a pretty terrible position. Why should you be forced to wear clothing based on their biological sex?

    The courts used the Price Waterhouse v. Hopkins case as precedent in this case, where a women was denied partnership because she wasn't woman enough.

  2. #2
    Guru Condor060's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Charlotte
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,179

    Re: Trump Administration argues that employers should be permitted to fire Transgender workers.

    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherFease View Post
    DOJ Asks Supreme Court to Permit Transgender Work Discrimination | Time

    This is shameful position by the Trump Administration.

    Here's the story: A funeral director, Aimee Stephens, came out as transgender, and ended up getting fired for refusing to wear men's clothing to work. The courts ruled that transgender people are not federally protected, but the funeral home did discriminate based on sex. As in, the funeral home only allows people with penises to wear suits to work, and people with vaginas to wear skirts. Saying that a "biological male" has to wear a suit to work is discrimination, and they are right. Forget about the transgender part, what is really at stake is the concept that workers should be forced to wear clothing associated with their genitalia.
    Because nobody is going to bring their dead relatives to be viewed in your funeral home if you have somebody with gender dysphoria prancing around in a skirt. Since when did transgender become an acceptable norm? Its a sickness, not something to celebrate.

    Now apparently the Trump Administration is siding with the funeral home, arguing they have the right to discriminate against their fellow man.
    Fellow man in a womans skirt? It's the right decision. And yes, people have the right to be represented in their own business by the people they choose. You don't get a free pass because you want to try an assimilate another gender.

    In my view, this is a pretty terrible position. Why should you be forced to wear clothing based on their biological sex?
    Because in a funeral home you don't want the employees to be the topic of discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    It will get worse - a great deal worse. 2020 looks to be the ugliest campaign in our lifetimes .
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I was alive in '68. Until a leading candidate gets shot, nothing will be worse.

  3. #3
    Sage
    CMPancake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Tacoma
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    5,174
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Trump Administration argues that employers should be permitted to fire Transgender workers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Condor060 View Post
    Because nobody is going to bring their dead relatives to be viewed in your funeral home if you have somebody with gender dysphoria prancing around in a skirt. Since when did transgender become an acceptable norm? Its a sickness, not something to celebrate.



    Fellow man in a womans skirt? It's the right decision. And yes, people have the right to be represented in their own business by the people they choose. You don't get a free pass because you want to try an assimilate another gender.



    Because in a funeral home you don't want the employees to be the topic of discussion.
    A woman that was an employee at the funeral home that buried my brother was Trans. Literally nobody said a thing about her. It speaks volumes that you much rather speak about a hypothetical Trans-woman than deal with the grief of losing a loved one.
    The GOP loves standards. They love standards so much, they got two of them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I say that he [Trump] is the most honest guy to come down the pike in a very long while.

  4. #4
    Educator

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Lebanon Oregon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,040

    Re: Trump Administration argues that employers should be permitted to fire Transgender workers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Condor060 View Post
    Because nobody is going to bring their dead relatives to be viewed in your funeral home if you have somebody with gender dysphoria prancing around in a skirt. Since when did transgender become an acceptable norm? Its a sickness, not something to celebrate.



    Fellow man in a womans skirt? It's the right decision. And yes, people have the right to be represented in their own business by the people they choose. You don't get a free pass because you want to try an assimilate another gender.



    Because in a funeral home you don't want the employees to be the topic of discussion.
    Wow. It tells me a lot about you that you think trans employees in mortuary must 'prance' in front of bereaving customers in a skirt , but cisgender women wearing skirts while they take care of the same bereaving customers, do not . Has it occurred to you that neither employee's gender identity is likely to be focus of discussion while choosing coffins? You have some very silly stereotypes in your head. Time to grow up.

    If any employee has inappropriate conversation or acts in any way that is disrespectful of the customer, or the service, that is a reason for discipline or firing, not the mere fact that there are bigots who believe they might, and somehow have acquired a business license.
    Last edited by btthegreat; 08-20-19 at 12:43 AM.

  5. #5
    WatchesLeftiesFlee
    Oborosen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Heflin, Alabama
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,340

    Re: Trump Administration argues that employers should be permitted to fire Transgender workers.

    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherFease View Post
    DOJ Asks Supreme Court to Permit Transgender Work Discrimination | Time

    This is shameful position by the Trump Administration.

    Here's the story: A funeral director, Aimee Stephens, came out as transgender, and ended up getting fired for refusing to wear men's clothing to work. The courts ruled that transgender people are not federally protected, but the funeral home did discriminate based on sex. As in, the funeral home only allows people with penises to wear suits to work, and people with vaginas to wear skirts. Saying that a "biological male" has to wear a suit to work is discrimination, and they are right. Forget about the transgender part, what is really at stake is the concept that workers should be forced to wear clothing associated with their genitalia.

    Now apparently the Trump Administration is siding with the funeral home, arguing they have the right to discriminate against their fellow man. In my view, this is a pretty terrible position. Why should you be forced to wear clothing based on their biological sex?

    The courts used the Price Waterhouse v. Hopkins case as precedent in this case, where a women was denied partnership because she wasn't woman enough.
    The funeral home is in the right here. It's their business, and they have a right to choose how, and in which way it's being conducted.

    The family shou've asked for all of this to be clarified, and then make preparations with another funeral home if they were not satisfied with this one answer.
    Why do they run?
    Because they have no choice son, such is the way of cowards.
    But even a cornered rat, with no choice, will fight.
    Yes my son, and that should tell you more than you need to know about the coward.

  6. #6
    Educator

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Lebanon Oregon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,040

    Re: Trump Administration argues that employers should be permitted to fire Transgender workers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    The funeral home is in the right here. It's their business, and they have a right to choose how, and in which way it's being conducted.

    The family shou've asked for all of this to be clarified, and then make preparations with another funeral home if they were not satisfied with this one answer.
    This is not about the conduct of the business at all if there is zero impact outside of the Bosses bigoted imagination. Its about whether there is any measurable impact at all, to a trans employee transitioning to female, wearing the same clothes, as the cisgender woman who works the next shift or for that matter a cisgender male or whether this just amounts to a more fashionable and trendy RW version of gender discrimination.

    As long as the business says in accommodates the public, and acquires a business license, it needs to meet all community, state and federal standards, regulations and laws regardless of who's business you claim to be.

    Nobody cares. Civil rights laws are not lesser than safety, consumer, tax, labor, or zoning laws / ordinances that also apply. Either the owners obey them all, or they need to be out of business.
    Last edited by btthegreat; 08-20-19 at 01:53 AM.

  7. #7
    WatchesLeftiesFlee
    Oborosen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Heflin, Alabama
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,340

    Re: Trump Administration argues that employers should be permitted to fire Transgender workers.

    Quote Originally Posted by btthegreat View Post
    This is not about the conduct of the business at all if there is zero impact outside of the Bosses bigoted imagination. Its about whether there is any measurable impact at all, to a trans employee transitioning to female, wearing the same clothes, as the cisgender woman who works the next shift or for that matter a cisgender male or whether this just amounts to a more fashionable and trendy RW version of gender discrimination.
    This doesn't even have to fit into gender. Just don't wear those clothes.

    Dress in a style that is befitting your station. Even my office has a dress code that separates it's doctors, between the rest of the staff. But if I were to come into the office tomorrow, dressed as a woman.

    I'd surely hear about it from the higher ups.
    Why do they run?
    Because they have no choice son, such is the way of cowards.
    But even a cornered rat, with no choice, will fight.
    Yes my son, and that should tell you more than you need to know about the coward.

  8. #8
    Guru Condor060's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Charlotte
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,179

    Re: Trump Administration argues that employers should be permitted to fire Transgender workers.

    Quote Originally Posted by btthegreat View Post
    Wow. It tells me a lot about you that you think trans employees in mortuary must 'prance' in front of bereaving customers in a skirt , but cisgender women wearing skirts while they take care of the same bereaving customers, do not . Has it occurred to you that neither employee's gender identity is likely to be focus of discussion while choosing coffins? You have some very silly stereotypes in your head. Time to grow up.

    If any employee has inappropriate conversation or acts in any way that is disrespectful of the customer, or the service, that is a reason for discipline or firing, not the mere fact that there are bigots who believe they might, and somehow have acquired a business license.
    A funeral home is a place for grieving families to pay their last respects to their family member, not a place for transgender individuals to come out of the closet. Having men walking around dressed as women is a distraction and not the proper setting to be who they want to be at the owners expense. Most people don't believe in the 64 gender lie or that transgender individuals are anything more than gender dysphoria rum amok.

    Isn't it a free country. You want a guy dressing as a woman meeting your clients, thats great, but it doesn't mean everyone else has to. And it doesn't mean you have some phobia just because you disagree with the idea of gender dysphoria.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    It will get worse - a great deal worse. 2020 looks to be the ugliest campaign in our lifetimes .
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I was alive in '68. Until a leading candidate gets shot, nothing will be worse.

  9. #9
    Educator

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Lebanon Oregon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,040

    Re: Trump Administration argues that employers should be permitted to fire Transgender workers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    This doesn't even have to fit into gender. Just don't wear those clothes.

    Dress in a style that is befitting your station. Even my office has a dress code that separates it's doctors, between the rest of the staff. But if I were to come into the office tomorrow, dressed as a woman.

    I'd surely hear about it from the higher ups.
    See that is the point. There is a reason to have dress codes. They fulfill legitimate job functions, like for example distinguishing between a doctor and a secretary or janitor. Presumably your office has figured out that doctors are also women, and men and does not treat them any differently or expect anything different from them because of their gender. Why should that change for their gender identity? . If you come to work dressed as a woman tomorrow, in otherwise proper attire consistent with uniform policy, the question becomes why should you 'hear about it" from your hire ups? Why is it any of their business as long as you are dressed consistent with uniform policy?
    Last edited by btthegreat; 08-20-19 at 02:06 AM.

  10. #10
    Guru Condor060's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Charlotte
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,179

    Re: Trump Administration argues that employers should be permitted to fire Transgender workers.

    Quote Originally Posted by CMPancake View Post
    A woman that was an employee at the funeral home that buried my brother was Trans. Literally nobody said a thing about her. It speaks volumes that you much rather speak about a hypothetical Trans-woman than deal with the grief of losing a loved one.
    We weren't talking about a hypothetical trans. And no, I don't believe it to be anything other than it is. Gender dysphoria.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    It will get worse - a great deal worse. 2020 looks to be the ugliest campaign in our lifetimes .
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I was alive in '68. Until a leading candidate gets shot, nothing will be worse.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •