Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 67

Thread: Don't heckle people in their private lives, not even Chris Cuomo

  1. #51

    Re: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/dont-heckle-people-in-their-private-lives-not-even-ch

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Person View Post
    That's not a point, but I can see why you think it might be: it is exactly the kind of hyperpartisan overgeneralization that the people you pretend are victims constantly throw at their perceived political foes here on DP.

    The left this/the left that.



    And to sweeten the deal, it's steeped in the usual hypocrisy: every time a thread is started about one person on the right who did or said a bad thing, the defense is that they're not really on the right and you aren't answerable for their behavior. But you have no problem trying to pretend everyone you think is on the left is answerable for the acts of any particular individual you identify as being on the left.

    It'd be hilarious if that kind of partisan hypocrisy didn't find its way into the voting booth...
    My point is valid. I have seen it time and time again when the right is on the receiving end the explination typically from the left is "yeah it was wrong but they had it coming to them because they hold a particular view."

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  2. #52

    Re: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/dont-heckle-people-in-their-private-lives-not-even-ch

    Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    There's one from your own link.
    "Many members of the media, myself included, condemned the Antifa protest at Tucker Carlson's home."
    If they i can honestly tell you i did not see any of it and i did look.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  3. #53
    A Little Bitter

    Mr Person's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    26,332

    Re: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/dont-heckle-people-in-their-private-lives-not-even-ch

    And remember, when someone - like trouble13 and Acadia - dishonestly play The Hypocrisy Game, ask yourself: how many times have you seen them call out right wing politicians and right wing posters for doing the kinds of things they complain about?

    How many?

    More or less never. Oh, but they have an excuse you see. The right winger didn't actually do the thing. It's only "the left" that does that thing and thus only "the left" which has to call that thing out (and again, everyone on the left is responsible for everyone else on the left, whereas these types are rugged individualists and if someone really does do something, that person is just one lone bad apple).

  4. #54
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,666
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/dont-heckle-people-in-their-private-lives-not-even-ch

    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    I have no empathy for him but my question for you is do you think the right should take the higher road as the author suggested?

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Yes. To go to people's homes and terrorize them, to verbally or physically assault them on the street or in any public place when they are going about their private lives, to organize angry mobs to threaten their advertisers or customers or suppliers to get them fired or closed down, to block their entry into any place, to drive them out of restaurants and theaters, etc. is evil. I don't care who it is.

    Any of us who would not want to be treated that way and who have never treated anybody that way, do not deserve that. If you don't like them or their opinion or their how they look or whatever, then don't read what they write, don't watch them on television, don't buy their product, don't attend their event. Write a letter to the editor but make sure your facts are right if you are going to accuse somebody. Call the station to complain or stage a peaceful protest. But unless they are deliberately harming somebody, leave them alone.

    So yes, we should be better than those who express hate, intolerance, disrespect, and contempt for any who don't think, speak, believe, etc. as they think they should.
    --Nobody deserves to be automatically judged guilty just because somebody accuses them. The accusation itself could be the crime.
    --"I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  5. #55
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,007

    Re: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/dont-heckle-people-in-their-private-lives-not-even-ch

    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    My point is valid. I have seen it time and time again when the right is on the receiving end the explination typically from the left is "yeah it was wrong but they had it coming to them because they hold a particular view."

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Yeah, the general consensus from the Left is "you made me do it". Abusers gaslight, manipulate and blame the victim".

    "If you didn't do X, I wouldn't have done Y. So you see, this whole thing is your fault".

  6. #56

    Re: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/dont-heckle-people-in-their-private-lives-not-even-ch

    Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Source?
    Im not sure what source your looking for but here is an example ironically enough of coumu defending antifa.

    CNN's Chris Cuomo Defends Antifa: Attacks On Police, Journalists "Not Equal" To Fighting Bigots | Video | RealClearPolitics

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  7. #57

    Re: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/dont-heckle-people-in-their-private-lives-not-even-ch

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    Yes. To go to people's homes and terrorize them, to verbally or physically assault them on the street or in any public place when they are going about their private lives, to organize angry mobs to threaten their advertisers or customers or suppliers to get them fired or closed down, to block their entry into any place, to drive them out of restaurants and theaters, etc. is evil. I don't care who it is.

    Any of us who would not want to be treated that way and who have never treated anybody that way, do not deserve that. If you don't like them or their opinion or their how they look or whatever, then don't read what they write, don't watch them on television, don't buy their product, don't attend their event. Write a letter to the editor but make sure your facts are right if you are going to accuse somebody. Call the station to complain or stage a peaceful protest. But unless they are deliberately harming somebody, leave them alone.

    So yes, we should be better than those who express hate, intolerance, disrespect, and contempt for any who don't think, speak, believe, etc. as they think they should.
    I respect what your saying but when there is no authority protecting people from it then what?

    Those who hold authority have treated the offenders with kid gloves.

    Why should i condemn what happened to Cuomo when the same curtsey is not returned to people on the right.

    Look at how conservative speakers who try to speak at universities are treated or how we have politicians doxing people on donner lists. How about the boycotts of media personalities who are on the right or the mobs that terrorize conservative figures who are brave enough to go out to dinner. The list goes on and on.

    I respect your opinion but i am saying what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  8. #58
    Guru AProudLefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,635

    Re: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/dont-heckle-people-in-their-private-lives-not-even-ch

    Quote Originally Posted by Acadia View Post
    Yeah, the general consensus from the Left is "you made me do it". Abusers gaslight, manipulate and blame the victim".

    "If you didn't do X, I wouldn't have done Y. So you see, this whole thing is your fault".
    Weak bait. 0/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    All Americans have affordable health care...if they are able to afford it.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Hitting someone in the face and drawing blood is attempted murder.

  9. #59
    Guru AProudLefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,635

    Re: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/dont-heckle-people-in-their-private-lives-not-even-ch

    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    Im not sure what source your looking for but here is an example ironically enough of coumu defending antifa.

    CNN's Chris Cuomo Defends Antifa: Attacks On Police, Journalists "Not Equal" To Fighting Bigots | Video | RealClearPolitics

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I see that you are reading through a right-wing googles. He isn't defending some of Antifa's members' usage of violence. Do you condemn the white supremacists/Nazis? Do you want to see their hate fought against? Ok then by your logic you're defending Antifa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    All Americans have affordable health care...if they are able to afford it.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Hitting someone in the face and drawing blood is attempted murder.

  10. #60
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,666
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/dont-heckle-people-in-their-private-lives-not-even-ch

    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    I respect what your saying but when there is no authority protecting people from it then what?

    Those who hold authority have treated the offenders with kid gloves.

    Why should i condemn what happened to Cuomo when the same curtsey is not returned to people on the right.

    Look at how conservative speakers who try to speak at universities are treated or how we have politicians doxing people on donner lists. How about the boycotts of media personalities who are on the right or the mobs that terrorize conservative figures who are brave enough to go out to dinner. The list goes on and on.

    I respect your opinion but i am saying what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    There is an old saying that if everybody demands an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, all we will ever have is an angry, blind, toothless world. We should instead be saying enough!!! And demanding that it be ILLEGAL to terrorize or physically assault or maliciously harass people in their private lives. And we should enforce libel and slander laws.

    And if not illegal, then we should make it so socially unacceptable to do that so that only the worst sorts of trolls, idiots, and assholes will participate in it.
    --Nobody deserves to be automatically judged guilty just because somebody accuses them. The accusation itself could be the crime.
    --"I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •