Page 12 of 87 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 867

Thread: Why do almost all atheists vote democrat?

  1. #111
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    21,972

    Re: Why do almost all atheists vote democrat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay59 View Post
    That is not a lie. That is barely a fudge.
    You must first prove that you are ready for a civil discussion before you will receive one.

    What is a lie is you saying he is not interested in civil discussion when you are the hostile party. You compound that with multiple religious slurs.
    Already to the juvenile insults I see. Good, at least you're not trying to waste time pretending that you are here for a civil discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig234 View Post
    Bernie's campaign was widely described as the most gentle primary campaign in memory
    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    All Americans have affordable health care...if they are able to afford it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    A child, especially a son, is a man's life partner
    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I wish the USA would stay a white majority, but it won't.

  2. #112
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    27,369

    Re: Why do almost all atheists vote democrat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Clearly you are not interested in a civil discussion. You told a lie when you said that 3/4 of atheists voted Democratic, when in fact it was approximately 2/3.

    What's more amusing is you think you have the standing to call me out after you refuse to admit and correct your lie. I thought Christians believed that lying is morally wrong? Or are some of them entitled to exceptions?
    So your issue is whether it is 2/3 or 3/4?? Thats a stupid hill for you to die on, but whatever. And I didnt lie. Perhaps you should look up words like that before you (mis)use them. The fact remains that you provided evidence that the vast majority of atheists are on the left. I can live with that. Can you?
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add within the limits of the law, because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.--Thomas Jefferson

  3. #113
    Sage
    Greenbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cambridge, MA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,286

    Re: Why do almost all atheists vote democrat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Airyaman View Post
    Could it be that Republicans tend to be less educated?
    Regardless of education level, magical thinking and cult-like adulation are core enough to the GOP's current functioning that the OP question answers itself.

  4. #114
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    21,972

    Re: Why do almost all atheists vote democrat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    So your issue is whether it is 2/3 or 3/4?? Thats a stupid hill for you to die on, but whatever.
    It matters here. You know why? Because of a reason which is in the source which you deliberately and intentionally refused to click on, because in the back of your mind you know that there's something in there that destroys your sophomoric argument.

    And I didnt lie. Perhaps you should look up words like that before you (mis)use them. The fact remains that you provided evidence that the vast majority of atheists are on the left. I can live with that. Can you?
    You still don't get it. You still believe that you are entitled to question other people's words (and to do a miserably bad job at that) while having your own words immune from scrutiny.

    Ironic that someone would be doing this in a discussion about religion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig234 View Post
    Bernie's campaign was widely described as the most gentle primary campaign in memory
    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    All Americans have affordable health care...if they are able to afford it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    A child, especially a son, is a man's life partner
    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I wish the USA would stay a white majority, but it won't.

  5. #115
    Always gets his shnook!

    Checkerboard Strangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,598
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Why do almost all atheists vote democrat?

    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    God is even in favor of putting Christians to death who commit offences worthy of death.
    Sounding more and more like Iran every minute. Will there be chopping off hands and heads, too? Will it be in public?
    Will there be stonings and whippings?
    Quote Originally Posted by aociswundumho View Post
    I wouldn't know, I'm not a big Trump fan. I did vote for him, and I'll vote for him again in 2020.

  6. #116
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    27,369

    Re: Why do almost all atheists vote democrat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    It matters here. You know why? Because of a reason which is in the source which you deliberately and intentionally refused to click on, because in the back of your mind you know that there's something in there that destroys your sophomoric argument.
    I didnt click on it because you summarized it for me. And you pointing out that only 1/4 of atheists voted republican proves my point and the point of the OP. You just havent figured that out yet. Or maybe you have but arent man enough to admit it.



    You still don't get it. You still believe that you are entitled to question other people's words (and to do a miserably bad job at that) while having your own words immune from scrutiny.

    Ironic that someone would be doing this in a discussion about religion.
    That makes no sense whatsoever. You are just desperate now.
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add within the limits of the law, because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.--Thomas Jefferson

  7. #117
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    21,972

    Re: Why do almost all atheists vote democrat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    I didnt click on it because you summarized it for me. And you pointing out that only 1/4 of atheists voted republican proves my point and the point of the OP. You just havent figured that out yet. Or maybe you have but arent man enough to admit it.

    That makes no sense whatsoever. You are just desperate now.
    And here comes the projection.

    Let me help you. You said, and I quote:

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    So 3/4 voted for the democrat.
    You said that. You made that number up. The source, which you stubbornly refused to read, clearly says approximately 2/3.

    At best, you seem to think that 2/3 is approximately equal to 3/4. I wonder what grade level a teacher would let that slide?
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig234 View Post
    Bernie's campaign was widely described as the most gentle primary campaign in memory
    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    All Americans have affordable health care...if they are able to afford it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    A child, especially a son, is a man's life partner
    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I wish the USA would stay a white majority, but it won't.

  8. #118
    Stabler Genius
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,768

    Re: Why do almost all atheists vote democrat?

    Well, if this is true, it makes perfect sense to history.

    - The GOP began to gravitate towards a Christian base in the 1950s. Despite this, it was a Democrat who sponsored a resolution to add the words "Under God" to the Pledge of Allegiance in 1953; and it was the Democrat-led Eighty-fourth United States Congress in 1955 that pushed "In God We Trust" towards Eisenhower for signing into law. (Big tent, Fletch).

    - But during the Civil Rights Marches, the GOP began to look more and more like a Conservative white Christian's club; and the DNC became more and more a club for minorities and only liberals. There's a reason all the evangelicals of the 1980s and beyond have sat comfortably on the right side of the spectrum.

    This would naturally not leave much space on the Right for atheists who prefer to leave "God" out of politics. By the way, this also helps to explain why it seems like Conservatives hate Muslims more than Liberals; and why Conservatives are far more obnoxious in their blind support for Israel than Liberals. Religious identity is a factor.

    Do we think that an atheist cares about tying "God" to Israel or tying "God" to abortion? Dur.
    Last edited by MSgt; 08-18-19 at 10:49 AM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC 1992~2012

  9. #119
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    27,369

    Re: Why do almost all atheists vote democrat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Regardless of education level, magical thinking and cult-like adulation are core enough to the GOP's current functioning that the OP question answers itself.
    You mean like that 'magical thinking' that says government can cure climate change and provide free college and free healthcare for all and that socialism, this time, will lead to prosperity for everyone? Whatever you say, Houdini
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add within the limits of the law, because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.--Thomas Jefferson

  10. #120
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    36,367

    Re: Why do almost all atheists vote democrat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    You mean like that 'magical thinking' that says government can cure climate change and provide free college and free healthcare for all and that socialism, this time, will lead to prosperity for everyone? Whatever you say, Houdini
    You mean like scandanavia? Lol

Page 12 of 87 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •