Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 188

Thread: Why the Left's Obsession With Donald Trump Will Backfire [And already is]

  1. #31
    Respected on both sides

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    56,984

    Re: Why the Left's Obsession With Donald Trump Will Backfire [And already is]

    Quote Originally Posted by trixare4kids View Post
    Nothing l-
    tl;dr

  2. #32
    Sage
    Carleen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,857

    Re: Why the Left's Obsession With Donald Trump Will Backfire [And already is]

    Quote Originally Posted by 3leftsdoo View Post
    I strongly encourage you to read the article to better understand why this is backfiring.

    I've been pushed toward Trump, and I'm sure I'm one of millions who have been so affected by destructive liberal obsession.
    When he starts to act like a president instead of a child and respects all people as he should as leader of this country I will stop.
    "Being President doesn't change who you are, it reveals who you are"

  3. #33

    Re: Why the Left's Obsession With Donald Trump Will Backfire [And already is]

    Quote Originally Posted by 3leftsdoo View Post
    An interesting Psychology Today piece from last year on how liberal hysteria & rage over Trump will (and is already so doing) backfire:

    Why the Lefts Obsession With Donald Trump Will Backfire | Psychology Today

    One example of this backfire effect is that I'm actually considering voting for the wildly imperfect Trump, something unthinkable to me in 2016.

    Call it the Nixon '68 Effect, but Liberal/Democrat conduct is so shocking to me at this point that I feel a man as repulsive as Trump may be the safest course for the Republic as it weathers the onslaught of dangerous liberal/Democrat attacks on the Constitution itself.

    This very site has, in fact, caused me to recognize the extraordinary dangers liberals/Democrats represent - a dubious gift - and pushed me farther right.

    Particularly odious are liberal attacks on free speech, the very foundation of our freedom.

    Calls for violent and/or unconstitutional reprisal against the president who is neither Obama nor Hillary remain quite disturbing as well.

    From the article:

    There's an old Greek saying, "Anger takes out your eyes." When obsession turns to anger, people are unable to see clearly and, as a result, they may say and do things that are inappropriate, regretful, and ultimately not helpful in achieving their desired aim. The obsession with suggesting that President Trump is mentally ill, or the Madonna suggestion to "bomb the White House," or Sarah Silverman calling for a military coup, or still others who called for impeachment during Trump's first month of a four year term, could backfire as more people voice a desire for more productive and respectful solutions.

    Amen.
    Its hard to say with any certainty how this will affect voters. Im not arrogant enough to pretend to know. I can only speak to my perspective.

    I dont expect the left and the right to agree on things. I do expect plenty of criticism to come from the opposing side.

    What i find striking about the left in the nilhistic ultimatums they give people. You either support their positions or you labled an ignorant bigot. There is a general lack of effort to persuade people to see things the way they do. I dont know if they are intellectuslly lazy and unwilling to put the effort into convincing people, or they are just so arrogant tjat they dont believe they should need to lower themselves to listening to others and tslking to them.

    I temember about a year ago rob reiner went on fox news and debated his positions. He is a bery far left guy but i respect that he came on and very calmly explained why he felt as he did. I have a ton of respect for anyone willing to do that.

    Imo people calling eachother names are missing opportunities to persuade people to suport their beliefs. People should not be afraid of difficult conversations and they should not be afraid to find out they are wrong sometimes. They should embrace it as a growing experience and celebrste it when it happens.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  4. #34
    Sage
    Carleen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,857

    Re: Why the Left's Obsession With Donald Trump Will Backfire [And already is]

    Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle View Post
    Yup; I was right ...
    When he starts to act like a president, stops lying, stops berating people, stops his constant whining, I might consider it.
    "Being President doesn't change who you are, it reveals who you are"

  5. #35
    Sage
    Carleen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,857

    Re: Why the Left's Obsession With Donald Trump Will Backfire [And already is]

    Quote Originally Posted by Condor060 View Post
    And its all you do every day. Not a word on anything positive just a non ending hate driven agenda.
    The only kind words Trump says are about himself. He is the hate projector constantly and I will call him out every single time.
    "Being President doesn't change who you are, it reveals who you are"

  6. #36

    Re: Why the Left's Obsession With Donald Trump Will Backfire [And already is]

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    Tweety is a bigoted, racist idiot. if pointing that out offends his followers, so be it.
    And if having your voice ignored by people offends you, so be it.



    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  7. #37
    Guru AProudLefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,646

    Re: Why the Left's Obsession With Donald Trump Will Backfire [And already is]

    Quote Originally Posted by 3leftsdoo View Post
    An interesting Psychology Today piece from last year on how liberal hysteria & rage over Trump will (and is already so doing) backfire:

    Why the Lefts Obsession With Donald Trump Will Backfire | Psychology Today

    One example of this backfire effect is that I'm actually considering voting for the wildly imperfect Trump, something unthinkable to me in 2016.

    Call it the Nixon '68 Effect, but Liberal/Democrat conduct is so shocking to me at this point that I feel a man as repulsive as Trump may be the safest course for the Republic as it weathers the onslaught of dangerous liberal/Democrat attacks on the Constitution itself.

    This very site has, in fact, caused me to recognize the extraordinary dangers liberals/Democrats represent - a dubious gift - and pushed me farther right.

    Particularly odious are liberal attacks on free speech, the very foundation of our freedom.

    Calls for violent and/or unconstitutional reprisal against the president who is neither Obama nor Hillary remain quite disturbing as well.

    From the article:

    There's an old Greek saying, "Anger takes out your eyes." When obsession turns to anger, people are unable to see clearly and, as a result, they may say and do things that are inappropriate, regretful, and ultimately not helpful in achieving their desired aim. The obsession with suggesting that President Trump is mentally ill, or the Madonna suggestion to "bomb the White House," or Sarah Silverman calling for a military coup, or still others who called for impeachment during Trump's first month of a four year term, could backfire as more people voice a desire for more productive and respectful solutions.

    Amen.
    Why does it say "Left" in the headline? The article is about the Right's obsession with Hillary, Trump and the election. About how angry they are over everything, especially the Squad. So obsessed and angry that they are willing to lie about Democrats. So unhinged that they ignore everything Trump does wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    All Americans have affordable health care...if they are able to afford it.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Hitting someone in the face and drawing blood is attempted murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    The country is doing great which means leftists are doing horribly. Let's keep it that way.

  8. #38
    Classical Liberal

    trixare4kids's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    S. California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    19,582

    Re: Why the Left's Obsession With Donald Trump Will Backfire [And already is]

    Quote Originally Posted by Carleen View Post
    When he starts to act like a president instead of a child and respects all people as he should as leader of this country I will stop.
    He's fulfilled and still trying to fulfill his campaign promises to his base just like your Obama did.
    Do you really think Obama respected people when he misled and lied to them?

    “I just want to be completely clear about this; I keep on saying this but somehow folks aren’t listening — if you like your health care plan, you keep your health care plan.”

    Obama's Whoppers - FactCheck.org

  9. #39
    Guru AProudLefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,646

    Re: Why the Left's Obsession With Donald Trump Will Backfire [And already is]

    Quote Originally Posted by 3leftsdoo View Post
    I'd like to encourage you to move beyond the ad hominem, and consider how badly hysteria plays in Peoria.

    In other words, read the article, consider its warning, and comment thoughtfully.

    TIA
    Warning about what? The only people who are obsessed with Trump are Trump supporters. That and the unhinged SJWs. The rest of us? We don't care. We just point at them and laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    All Americans have affordable health care...if they are able to afford it.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Hitting someone in the face and drawing blood is attempted murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    The country is doing great which means leftists are doing horribly. Let's keep it that way.

  10. #40
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    52,118

    Re: Why the Left's Obsession With Donald Trump Will Backfire [And already is]

    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    And if having your voice ignored by people offends you, so be it.



    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    it doesn't.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •