Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 190

Thread: End Game for Trump: It Ends Badly for him

  1. #41
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,400

    Re: End Game for Trump: It Ends Badly for him

    Quote Originally Posted by ultmd View Post
    I'm not sure the GOP can be saved, however. If it can, you're right, the only way is for traditional conservatives to move in an pick up the pieces in the wake of a massive defeat in the 2020 elections. Otherwise, I think the GOP is looking at an inevitable split, with the Trumpsters retaining the party and their opponents leaving to form a new one.
    The right has basically never been about 'traditional conservatives' or any principles. Whatever happens will be about what it always is - the corrupt, powerful interests who want power animating whatever organization helps them get it. While that's trump winning an election, fine. When that's something else, fine.

  2. #42
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,400

    Re: End Game for Trump: It Ends Badly for him

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    i don't agree that his zombies will turn on him no matter what he does.
    They won't so much 'turn on him' as stop supporting him - and they don't like to admit they're wrong - think about how they treated Nixon and Bush, after they had been rabid supporters, but trump's support is even more of a sugar high. They just won't want to talk about him, just like trump won't talk about his birther lies.

  3. #43
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    114,068

    Re: End Game for Trump: It Ends Badly for him

    Quote Originally Posted by ultmd View Post
    Reasonable points, all.

    I'm not sure the GOP can be saved, however. If it can, you're right, the only way is for traditional conservatives to move in an pick up the pieces in the wake of a massive defeat in the 2020 elections. Otherwise, I think the GOP is looking at an inevitable split, with the Trumpsters retaining the party and their opponents leaving to form a new one.
    That well could happen. I think the decision the Trumpkins make - whether to return under their rocks with the demise of Trump or resemble as a third party is what will really decide the fate of the Republicans should they lose in 2020 with Trump. Of course, should Trump pull out another election inside straight and win in a miracle - who can say where we will be four years from now?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #44
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    114,068

    Re: End Game for Trump: It Ends Badly for him

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig234 View Post
    To be fair, even if a Republican leader wanted to do the right thing, they're politically in a no-win situation, where opposing trump is opposing someone with 90% party support. But this is a moot topic - there aren't any Republican leaders who want to do the right thing.

    All they're concerned about is how to deal with a majority of the country opposing trump while 90% of their party supports him. No need to feel sorry for them, though.
    There was Justin Amash.... and there was Corker and there was Jeff Flake. And we saw what happened to them.

    But remember - winning forgives all sins. Which is why Trump must be defeated soundly next year.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #45
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,400

    Re: End Game for Trump: It Ends Badly for him

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    There was Justin Amash.... and there was Corker and there was Jeff Flake. And we saw what happened to them.

    But remember - winning forgives all sins. Which is why Trump must be defeated soundly next year.
    This guy?

    Flake voted with Trump 92% of the time - Axios

  6. #46
    Friend Zone

    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,921
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: End Game for Trump: It Ends Badly for him

    Trump's presidency will not end in a whimper. It will end in thunderous applause and triumph!!

    Trump.jpg

    THE GOAT!!!

  7. #47
    Believer
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    28,729

    Re: End Game for Trump: It Ends Badly for him

    Quote Originally Posted by ultmd View Post
    Cynicism.

    It's like asking the difference between immoral and amoral.

    White supremacists believe in what they preach.

    Their supporters don't believe it, but recognize it was the best/most powerful tool for them to use in the fight to protect their agenda.

    In a very real sense, that makes the white supremacists less reprehensible than many of their supporters.
    Imagined BS for the most part. can't say I've met a white supremacist in my nearly 62 years. The fact you are using this very small faction as some sort of political tool is really laughable.
    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity. Be fools for Christ. And have the courage to suffer the contempt of the sophisticated world." - Antonin Scalia

  8. #48
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:53 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,288

    Re: End Game for Trump: It Ends Badly for him

    Quote Originally Posted by JustHanging View Post
    I disagree. The White Supremacists, and their supporters, will stick with Trump, and laud him as one of the great POTUS' imo..
    Mmmhmmm.
    President Lyndon B. Johnson: "If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."

  9. #49
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,414

    Re: End Game for Trump: It Ends Badly for him

    Quote Originally Posted by Condor060 View Post
    You're not shocked,

    Umm, no, I'm not shocked. That was me making use of a literary concept called "sarcasm".


    You're just knowingly falsifying information
    Irony Alert! I'm being called a liar....by a known liar. Well, I'm sorry but the opinions of liars don't count. Sorry.

    ... because you hate Trump so much you think its ok to just say anything to make nothing more than another Liberal idiotic lie.
    Well, again...I hate to keep pointing out bits of irony in your angry, ignorant rants but....it's really ironic that you randomly capitalize words in the middle of sentences...just like your Dear Leader, isn't it? I swear, Trump has done more to normalize ignorance, bad grammar and amorality than any American in the HISTORY of this country. He's made it "cool" for ignorant right-wingers to fill message boards with pointless, emotional, 5th grade rants, like the above.

    That noted, you and I both know you can't point to a single lie ("liberal", or other)...which brings us to YOUR lie, next:


    No scandals huh. Obama has presided over some of the worst scandals of any president in decades.

    State Department email.

    Operation Fast and Furious.

    IRS abuses.

    Benghazi.

    Hacking

    Veterans Affairs.

    All of these scandals were accompanied by a lack of transparency so severe that 47 of Mr. Obama’s 73 inspectors general signed an open letter in 2014 decrying the administration’s stonewalling of their investigations.

    One reason for Obama’s penchant for secrecy is his habit of breaking laws—from not informing Congress of the prisoner swap involving Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl and the Taliban, to violating restrictions on cash transfers to Iran as part of a hostage-release deal.
    First, it didn't take much for me to recognize, right away, that you didn't compose ANY of the above, because (frankly) you don't "do" complete, grammatically correct sentences very well. So, right away, I figured out that the above is nothing more than a cut-n-paste job from an conservative OPINION piece in the freaking right-wing Heritage Society! And you didn't even have the decency to give credit, which is striking considering the fact that your words were lifted, word-for-word from it.

    So, you're not just a known liar....you are also a KNOWN PLAGIARIST.

    But, more importantly, you just posted (i.e. plagiarized) the OPINION of a single, right-wing OPINIONIST. I have no respect for the OPINION of some obscure alt-right OPINIONIST by the name of Hans von Spakovsky. I'm interested in FACTS. And the FACTS are that there was NOT ONE SINGLE major scandal or act of corruption during the Obama era. That is simply not up for debate. The FACTS are what they are.

    Now, I realize that people like you have a hard time separating FACTS from OPINIONS, but you'll have to come up with something a LOT better than an op/ed piece to "prove" that Obama's presidency was filled with scandal and/or corruption.

    Obama is a corrupt criminal and in the near future the evidence of his involvement in spying on an incoming administration will be reveled.

    The feelings of the liars, plagiarists and closeted bigots who promoted one FAKE "scandal" and/or FAILED conspiracy theory, after another, between 2009 and 2016....do not matter. Sorry.

  10. #50
    Sage
    Carleen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,873

    Re: End Game for Trump: It Ends Badly for him

    Quote Originally Posted by Visbek View Post
    Meh

    Trump will receive much different treatment if he loses the election in 2020, than if he wins and stays in office for 4 more years.

    I don't think it's a given that the media will ignore him, either. If he loses in 2020, there is no doubt he will spend all his time bashing whoever beat him. The right wing echo chamber will eat it up. It's not like he's going to care about the usual decorum by which ex-Presidents refrain from discussing their replacements.
    It will be interesting to see if he as an e-president if he welcomed to the ex-president club.
    "Being President doesn't change who you are, it reveals who you are"

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •