Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 60

Thread: How Trump Plans To Change The Endangered Species Act

  1. #1
    Educator Old 'N Chill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:52 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    610

    How Trump Plans To Change The Endangered Species Act

    Seems like the Psycho In Chief is crapping on all progress that involves the health and protection of people, animals, land and water....what else will he do to gain points and votes from his base?

    The Trump administration has announced major changes to the Endangered Species Act, the landmark law signed by President Richard Nixon that's credited with saving iconic species like the bald eagle and the grizzly bear. William Brangham talks to Lisa Friedman of The New York Times about new rules around how scientists designate species as in need of protection and anticipated court challenges.
    Video here:

    How Trump plans to change the Endangered Species Act | PBS NewsHour
    "Live and Let Live"

  2. #2
    Guru
    Felis Leo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,993

    Re: How Trump Plans To Change The Endangered Species Act

    Quote Originally Posted by Old 'N Chill View Post
    Seems like the Psycho In Chief is crapping on all progress that involves the health and protection of people, animals, land and water....what else will he do to gain points and votes from his base?



    Video here:

    How Trump plans to change the Endangered Species Act | PBS NewsHour
    Which changes do you find objectionable, Old 'N Chill?
    Itís in the small things that the rot starts. Do the wrong thing once, itís easier to do it again. Do the individualistic thing once, it is easy to do it again.

    Fiat justitia, et pereat mundus

  3. #3
    Sage
    Media_Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,062

    Re: How Trump Plans To Change The Endangered Species Act

    Quote Originally Posted by Old 'N Chill View Post
    Seems like the Psycho In Chief is crapping on all progress that involves the health and protection of people, animals, land and water....what else will he do to gain points and votes from his base?



    Video here:

    How Trump plans to change the Endangered Species Act | PBS NewsHour
    Free-for-all for business, oil and mining.

  4. #4
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,139

    Re: How Trump Plans To Change The Endangered Species Act

    Quote Originally Posted by Media_Truth View Post
    Free-for-all for business, oil and mining.
    Sounds good to me.

  5. #5
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,716

    trump is so bad, that his gutting the endangered species act today doesn't even have a thread yet

    When I think of 'good government', one of the very first things our government has done that's good is the Endangered Species Act.

    Biological diversity has taken many millions of years for species to develop, and manmade activities make species extinct forever. I'd like to protect them - call that 'conservative' in the best sense of the word.

    The Endangered Species Act was signed into law after both parties in Congress passed it 482-12, when our government still had some sort of 'democracy' to it.

    The American people have always strongly supported it - it has over 80% support, and only 10% opposed.

    But in the very picture of corruption, Republicans since they became corrupt libertarian plutocracts entirely, have been trying to gut it. They now have. trump has greatly weakened the law, and the changes take effect in 30 days.

    It's disgusting and one more large reason we need to elect Democrats who will restore the protections, before too many species are killed off. 99% of the species the act has protected have not gone extinct. We need to continue that.

    Edit: a link was requested.

    Trump Finalizes Disastrous Weakening of Endangered Species Act - Center for Biological Diversity
    Last edited by Craig234; 08-13-19 at 01:02 AM.

  6. #6
    Sage 3leftsdoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:53 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,707

    Re: trump is so bad, that his gutting the endangered species act today doesn't even have a thread ye

    #LiterallyHitler
    Bernie or Bang / Go Vote for Yang / Tulsi - Just Dang!

  7. #7
    Guru
    Felis Leo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,993

    Re: trump is so bad, that his gutting the endangered species act today doesn't even have a thread ye

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig234 View Post
    When I think of 'good government', one of the very first things our government has done that's good is the Endangered Species Act.

    Biological diversity has taken many millions of years for species to develop, and manmade activities make species extinct forever. I'd like to protect them - call that 'conservative' in the best sense of the word.

    The Endangered Species Act was signed into law after both parties in Congress passed it 482-12, when our government still had some sort of 'democracy' to it.

    The American people have always strongly supported it - it has over 80% support, and only 10% opposed.

    But in the very picture of corruption, Republicans since they became corrupt libertarian plutocracts entirely, have been trying to gut it. They now have. trump has greatly weakened the law, and the changes take effect in 30 days.

    It's disgusting and one more large reason we need to elect Democrats who will restore the protections, before too many species are killed off. 99% of the species the act has protected have not gone extinct. We need to continue that.

    First off, Old N' Chill started a thread on this topic almost three hours ago, Craig234. And he provided a link.

    Second, what specific changes do you object to?
    Itís in the small things that the rot starts. Do the wrong thing once, itís easier to do it again. Do the individualistic thing once, it is easy to do it again.

    Fiat justitia, et pereat mundus

  8. #8
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,716

    Re: trump is so bad, that his gutting the endangered species act today doesn't even have a thread ye

    Quote Originally Posted by Felis Leo View Post
    First off, Old N' Chill started a thread on this topic almost three hours ago, Craig234. And he provided a link.
    Well, thanks - I looked for one in the main forum and didn't see his in the Environment sub-forum.

    Second, what specific changes do you object to?
    If you have to ask, it's like asking 'what specifically that Jeffrey Epstein was charged with do you object to.' If you have to ask, it's not worth answering.
    Last edited by Craig234; 08-13-19 at 01:06 AM.

  9. #9
    Sage

    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,450

    Re: How Trump Plans To Change The Endangered Species Act

    Quote Originally Posted by Felis Leo View Post
    Which changes do you find objectionable, Old 'N Chill?
    The part where it says the changes will make it harder for scientists to add species to the list that are threatened by climate change and adding an economic analysis to the value of a species.
    ďWhile this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.Ē - Mueller report

  10. #10

    Re: trump is so bad, that his gutting the endangered species act today doesn't even have a thread ye

    I cant say i much care

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •