Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 182

Thread: Implications of Medicare for All

  1. #151
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Devonshire, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,331

    Re: Implications of Medicare for All

    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    Why donít you mind your own business? Itís not Englandís business to interfere in American life. You lost that privilege a long time ago.
    Is it America's business to interfere in everyone else's lives, all over the world? Once America quits sticking her snout anywhere she feels serves her 'interests', I'll start minding my own business. Until that unlikely day you'll just have to suck it up. So, instead of your 'mind your own business' defensiveness, why don't you actually try constructing reasoned responses to posts?

  2. #152
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Devonshire, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,331

    Re: Implications of Medicare for All

    Quote Originally Posted by daeler View Post
    My medical insurance for a family plan costs around 26k a year. My company pays for 80% of the plan.
    That amount is insane, but I assume you have a large family.

  3. #153
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Devonshire, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,331

    Re: Implications of Medicare for All

    Quote Originally Posted by RealityNow View Post
    what people have to understand is the American Culture of "Enriching Doctors" is not something that is shared around the world. People should look at India, as many people travel to India for medical services.
    If American Doctors get so haughty they want to quit because they can't 'enjoy the get rich quick" and having the patients kiss their butts.... It's not a problem, because there are many many many many Doctors that can and will come from India; {It is noteworthy that India provides the largest number of International Medical Graduates to the USA}



    America spent too much time focused on "status grooming their youth"... to pursue Medicine and Law, as the "get rich path- play status games" and both professions have engaged acts of 'degradation of the ethic's of these professions, for the sake of "money". "We all know it" but at time flip flop and acquiesce ourselves to try and void out the truths that we know and many have had family members suffer because of such "status and greed grooming that has gone into making a "Avarice Agenda" (Extreme Greed) too important to themselves..

    These Doctor's now get into their groups, and play games to fight against certain treatment programs, that don't fit their money stream main programming. They try and control the system to void out Holostic Methods for the things they are better suited for.

    Most people go to the doctor, the doctors book their appointment books with 10-15 minutes slots, and then overbook that!!! They come in, look at you, ask a couple of question, get their digital unit and look at prescription options, stick their stethoscope on your back, on your chest and then grab your wrist and pretend to take your blood pressure, when the Nurse has already done that.
    First they make you sit in the room for at least 10 minutes before they come in, to ensure you are desperate to see them to the point, by the time they come in they've elevated themselves in a situational framework, where the patient is fully submissive to the point of near worship like silence. Then... they get agitated if one tells them the related symptoms they are having!!! They check boxes on a checklist... then find a generic phrase as a quick escape comment to get from the room as quick as possible; and tell you to pick up the prescription at the desk and they will see in a matter of weeks.


    Yet, they follow this generic script, but when you ask a question, they tell you"everyone is different"... but their treatment process is as if everyone is generic.
    In Britain NHS medics are paid by the state and the drive for self-enrichment just doesn't exist. A general practitioner can earn up to around £90,000, and hospital consultants considerably more. I don't know about private salaries but in any event many medics working in the private sector are seconded from the NHS so the level of care is no different from that in the public sector-just a lot more expensive. Yes you get a nice room and great food, but a hospital isn't a hotel and I want to get in and out asap without the peripheral fripperies which contribute nothing to my clinical care.

  4. #154
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,146

    Re: Implications of Medicare for All

    Quote Originally Posted by snakestretcher View Post
    In Britain NHS medics are paid by the state and the drive for self-enrichment just doesn't exist. A general practitioner can earn up to around £90,000, and hospital consultants considerably more. I don't know about private salaries but in any event many medics working in the private sector are seconded from the NHS so the level of care is no different from that in the public sector-just a lot more expensive. Yes you get a nice room and great food, but a hospital isn't a hotel and I want to get in and out asap without the peripheral fripperies which contribute nothing to my clinical care.


    Nationalized health care systems save money largely due to reduced payments to doctors among other factors such as lower administrative, pharmaceutical and medical equipment cost while maintaining positive health outcomes. Hence, the AMA opposes government sponsored health plans as they once opposed Medicare.
    Last edited by bluesmoke; 07-20-19 at 06:43 AM.

  5. #155
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    north carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    14,729

    Re: Implications of Medicare for All

    Quote Originally Posted by snakestretcher View Post
    In Britain NHS medics are paid by the state and the drive for self-enrichment just doesn't exist. A general practitioner can earn up to around £90,000, and hospital consultants considerably more. I don't know about private salaries but in any event many medics working in the private sector are seconded from the NHS so the level of care is no different from that in the public sector-just a lot more expensive. Yes you get a nice room and great food, but a hospital isn't a hotel and I want to get in and out asap without the peripheral fripperies which contribute nothing to my clinical care.
    Here is the US several years ago the state of West Virginia was suffering from a serious shortage of doctors because doctors were refusing to practice there due to high incidents of dummass medical malpractice lawsuits. Greedy lawyers were bringing frivolous cases before pliable juries and were getting huge damage awards, driving up medical costs and driving down the numbers of professional workers willing to put up with the out of control foolishness.
    Last edited by marke; 07-20-19 at 06:50 AM.

  6. #156
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Last Seen
    08-06-19 @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,033

    Re: Implications of Medicare for All

    Quote Originally Posted by snakestretcher View Post
    Is it America's business to interfere in everyone else's lives, all over the world? Once America quits sticking her snout anywhere she feels serves her 'interests', I'll start minding my own business. Until that unlikely day you'll just have to suck it up. So, instead of your 'mind your own business' defensiveness, why don't you actually try constructing reasoned responses to posts?
    Just heard a report from your suck ass best health care in the world bull**** country. They misdiagnosed a woman with two small children. She was given a double mastectomy, went through chemo therapy. Jesus. Then they figured out she didn’t have breast cancer at all. No thanks. Take that bull**** a place it where the moon don’t shine.

  7. #157
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Devonshire, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,331

    Re: Implications of Medicare for All

    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    Just heard a report from your suck ass best health care in the world bull**** country. They misdiagnosed a woman with two small children. She was given a double mastectomy, went through chemo therapy. Jesus. Then they figured out she didn’t have breast cancer at all. No thanks. Take that bull**** a place it where the moon don’t shine.
    Yes, because that would never happen in America, right?

  8. #158
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Devonshire, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,331

    Re: Implications of Medicare for All

    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    Just heard a report from your suck ass best health care in the world bull**** country. They misdiagnosed a woman with two small children. She was given a double mastectomy, went through chemo therapy. Jesus. Then they figured out she didn’t have breast cancer at all. No thanks. Take that bull**** a place it where the moon don’t shine.
    1 in 20 American adults 'misdiagnosed in outpatient clinics each year'

    What was that about "suck ass"? You're not very good at this, are you. You're a world class expert in infantile insults though, so I'll give you credit for that.
    Last edited by snakestretcher; 07-20-19 at 07:14 AM.

  9. #159
    Sage
    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    30,530

    Re: Implications of Medicare for All

    Quote Originally Posted by manofknowledge View Post
    When people discuss single-payer health care systems they hear about the massive increase in taxes, but those discussions never think through the real implications of single-payer. Implications include:

    • Everyone has health insurance for life. No more changing plans because you changed jobs or your employer decides to change the plan.
    • Employers are no longer concerned about providing health care at all. They are relieved of that cost and responsibility (unless the single payer plan requires them to pay into it).
    • The cost of Medicare, Medicaid and the VA get rolled into paying for the single-payer system. States will no longer be required to spend on health care for the poor. All veterans will be covered instead of the percentage that are now covered. There is no transition for insurance at age 65.
    • There will be a massive increase in the market for health care. Millions of jobs will be created. Admittedly many jobs with insurance companies will be lost but in general those folks will benefit from the increase in the health care market.
    • Providers no longer have to make deals with dozens of insurance companies. They only need to deal with one payer vastly reducing overhead costs for them.
    • People will be relieved of the cost of health care insurance, co-pays, co-insurance, deductibles. Their cost will be shifted from insurance to some sort of tax system.
    • Hospitals will reliably get paid.
    • A person's state of health will be irrelevant to the cost to them.
    • You can see any medical care provider you want. No more provider networks.
    • No more out of pocket costs for health care. (depending on the single-payer plan)
    • Overall health care costs will go down with reductions in administrative costs.
    • The country's general health will be better lowering the annual cost to the system.

    Estimates place the annual cost of health care in the US at $3.2 trillion.

    Estimates for the cost of single-payer are about $3-4 trillion annually. We already spend the money needed, we just have to figure out how we want to move the flow of dollars from insurance companies to the single-payer system.
    Once you have that figured out, then you can start trying to figure out where to find the doctors to provide the care.....
    ďWhen you talk about the firm that produced the Steele reporting, the name of the firm that produced that was Fusion GPS. Is that correct?Ē

    ďIím not familiar with that,Ē Robert Mueller answered.

  10. #160
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    10,118

    Re: Implications of Medicare for All

    Quote Originally Posted by manofknowledge View Post
    When people discuss single-payer health care systems they hear about the massive increase in taxes, but those discussions never think through the real implications of single-payer. Implications include:

    • Everyone has health insurance for life. No more changing plans because you changed jobs or your employer decides to change the plan.
    • Employers are no longer concerned about providing health care at all. They are relieved of that cost and responsibility (unless the single payer plan requires them to pay into it).
    • The cost of Medicare, Medicaid and the VA get rolled into paying for the single-payer system. States will no longer be required to spend on health care for the poor. All veterans will be covered instead of the percentage that are now covered. There is no transition for insurance at age 65.
    • There will be a massive increase in the market for health care. Millions of jobs will be created. Admittedly many jobs with insurance companies will be lost but in general those folks will benefit from the increase in the health care market.
    • Providers no longer have to make deals with dozens of insurance companies. They only need to deal with one payer vastly reducing overhead costs for them.
    • People will be relieved of the cost of health care insurance, co-pays, co-insurance, deductibles. Their cost will be shifted from insurance to some sort of tax system.
    • Hospitals will reliably get paid.
    • A person's state of health will be irrelevant to the cost to them.
    • You can see any medical care provider you want. No more provider networks.
    • No more out of pocket costs for health care. (depending on the single-payer plan)
    • Overall health care costs will go down with reductions in administrative costs.
    • The country's general health will be better lowering the annual cost to the system.

    Estimates place the annual cost of health care in the US at $3.2 trillion.

    Estimates for the cost of single-payer are about $3-4 trillion annually. We already spend the money needed, we just have to figure out how we want to move the flow of dollars from insurance companies to the single-payer system.
    Pretty big gap between 3 & 4 trillion compared to 3.2 trillion. The high end is 25% more than we spend today. That being said the most important phrase in the above IMO is the last one. This proposal would be be a materially bigger transfer of wealth to corporations ever proposed. Thus people like Warren Buffett a big donor clamors for it. This would give corporations materially more $$$ than the last tax cut that has been called a giveaway to the wealthy. How to pay for single payor has been the reason we have not implemented it over the last several decades.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •