Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: It's time for progressives to remove jews from official marginalized status

  1. #11
    Professor
    AtlantaAdonis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,871

    Re: It's time for progressives to remove jews from official marginalized status

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    You start with a correct statement about institutional racism and then self-immolate with a round of anti-semitism.

    Let's get one thing very, very clear: Jews do not have any sort of special privilege in our society. And with the hatred that tRump and his ilk have festered, what privileges they did have are being taken away from them.
    If they don't have any privilege, why do they have incomes higher than both people of color and white gentiles? Any why so much influence in government, finance, business, and entertainment? Progressives need to get over their fear of criticizing jews.
    I have a simple worldview: I'm for freedom but against "freedumb".
    I'm for liberty and against "liberteh!1".
    I support policy based on sound social science and facts not following the "kawnstitution" off a cliff.

  2. #12
    A Little Bitter

    Mr Person's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    25,582

    Re: It's time for progressives to remove jews from official marginalized status

    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaAdonis View Post
    I'm so sick and tired of hearing right wingers change the subject from Trump's racism to Ilhan Omar's legitimate concerns about the control the pro-Israeli lobby.

    Repeat after me:

    Racism requires institutional power and privilege.

    In this sense, American jews are just about at the top of the heap. They have largely disproportionate power in media, finance, academia, and entertainment, and government. Unlike the enduring legacy of slavery and segregation, the crimes committed against the jewish people have had lasting effects on this group of people. Social Justice movements will inevitably fail if we must allow ourselves to get antisemitism allegations to get leveled against us for any little criticism of jewish lobbyists and their economic might.


    Repeating anti-semetic speech =/= how to make a post that POE's progressives.

  3. #13
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Middle Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,571

    Re: It's time for progressives to remove jews from official marginalized status

    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaAdonis View Post
    I'm so sick and tired of hearing right wingers change the subject from Trump's racism to Ilhan Omar's legitimate concerns about the control the pro-Israeli lobby.

    Repeat after me:

    Racism requires institutional power and privilege.

    In this sense, American jews are just about at the top of the heap. They have largely disproportionate power in media, finance, academia, and entertainment, and government. Unlike the enduring legacy of slavery and segregation, the crimes committed against the jewish people have had lasting effects on this group of people. Social Justice movements will inevitably fail if we must allow ourselves to get antisemitism allegations to get leveled against us for any little criticism of jewish lobbyists and their economic might.

    Dang! That sounds just like what Hitler had said ...
    Obama advisor David Plouffe: "It is not enough to simply beat Trump. He must be destroyed thoroughly. His kind must not rise again."

  4. #14
    It's the Despair Quotient
    Checkerboard Strangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,786
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: It's time for progressives to remove jews from official marginalized status

    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaAdonis View Post
    If they don't have any privilege, why do they have incomes higher than both people of color and white gentiles?
    Why do Persians in America have incomes higher than people of color and white gentiles?
    Why does any harmonized and cohesive cultural group manage to make a better go of it in any free democratic country?

    Maybe you might try concentrating on the correct notion that criticism of Israel's policies does not equal antisemitism and leave it at that because the issue has less to do with Jewish people in America and more to do with the Likud Party's lobby group and their political platform.
    The only people pushing the Athenian Straw Man Nonexistent Threat of Slippery Slope Windyfoggery (ASMNSSW) RE DEMOCRACY are people who have a misunderstanding/problem or hatred of democracy. (See AUTHORITARIANS)

  5. #15
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    77,207
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: It's time for progressives to remove jews from official marginalized status

    WorldNational Review
    Omar to Introduce Resolution Declaring Support for Anti-Israel BDS Movement

    Representative Ilhan Omar (D., Minn.) will introduce a resolution this week declaring support for the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement,
    "If itís consensus, it isnít science. If itís science, it isnít consensus. Period." --Michael Crichton

  6. #16
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    106,732

    Re: It's time for progressives to remove jews from official marginalized status

    Quote Originally Posted by Sampson Simpson View Post
    All right wingers do is change the subject. Doesn't matter the topic, they don't have facts, they have no arguments, they don't have any intelligent comments, its solely deflection. They will just find some other stupid thing to deflect to. 99% of their posts are purely deflection
    Why would we want to convince the Leftists that they shouldn't piss off all the Jews in the U.S.?
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    Che fought for freedom
    Quote Originally Posted by HumblePi View Post
    Only those indicted and found guilty by the Grand Jury.

  7. #17
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    21,193

    Re: It's time for progressives to remove jews from official marginalized status

    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaAdonis View Post
    If they don't have any privilege, why do they have incomes higher than both people of color and white gentiles? Any why so much influence in government, finance, business, and entertainment? Progressives need to get over their fear of criticizing jews.
    First of all, you have provided zero evidence that Jewish Americans are better off than the rest of us even after parent incomes are accounted for.

    Second, even if you were right, so what? Maybe they've figured out how to do something that the rest of us need to learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    No fire arm ever made is designed to kill
    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I wish the USA would stay a white majority, but it won't.

  8. #18
    Global Moderator
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:38 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    98,657
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: It's time for progressives to remove jews from official marginalized status

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Racism - Wikipedia



    SO no, racism does not require power or privilege, only stupidity. It is also an inherently weak argument. If your only argument against something is "it's racist", you lose.
    Oops...I just noticed the "racism requires" part, and did not apparently even read the thread title. The OPs ignorance about racism is not the big issue with this thread, it is the OPs openly displaying anti-semitism that is the really ****ed up part of this thread.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •