Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 183

Thread: Is conservatism selfishness?

  1. #81
    Infidel Obscurity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: Is conservatism selfishness?

    Quote Originally Posted by Renae View Post
    Sorry someoen asked me, maybe you should read first.
    And? I stand by my post regarding your useless anecdote and ask you to use a rational argument that supports your position with regard to the matter at hand.
    Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence. - Christopher Hitchens

    #BDS

  2. #82
    Educator
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    612

    Re: Is conservatism selfishness?

    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    The results have been fantastic. We dont look like countries that have no welfare
    They are?

    Tell me it isn't so Batman?



    In his January 1964 State of the Union address, President Lyndon Johnson proclaimed, “This administration today, here and now, declares unconditional war on poverty in America.” In the 50 years since that time, U.S. taxpayers have spent over $22 trillion on anti-poverty programs. Adjusted for inflation, this spending (which does not include Social Security or Medicare) is three times the cost of all U.S. military wars since the American Revolution. Yet progress against poverty, as measured by the U.S. Census Bureau, has been minimal, and in terms of President Johnson’s main goal of reducing the “causes” rather than the mere “consequences” of poverty, the War on Poverty has failed completely. In fact, a significant portion of the population is now less capable of self-sufficiency than it was when the War on Poverty began.


    The War on Poverty After 50 Years | The Heritage Foundation
    Firebrand - Agitator

    Unknown Quantity: a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

  3. #83
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,810

    Re: Is conservatism selfishness?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luther View Post
    They are?

    Tell me it isn't so Batman?






    The War on Poverty After 50 Years | The Heritage Foundation
    Fantastic results. We could look lone Somalia. Thank God for welfare programs

  4. #84
    Educator
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    612

    Re: Is conservatism selfishness?

    Quote Originally Posted by ataraxia View Post
    It helps to see what works and what doesn’t. We can learn from other people’s successes and failures.
    Wrong....

    They are NOT these United American states
    Firebrand - Agitator

    Unknown Quantity: a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

  5. #85
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    24,666

    Re: Is conservatism selfishness?

    Selfishness is part of the human condition, for better or for worse.

    That is, it is not limited to political affiliation.

  6. #86
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,810

    Re: Is conservatism selfishness?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luther View Post
    Wrong....

    They are NOT these United American states
    Let's make this easy


    What country do you think handles welfare and social programs well?

  7. #87
    Educator
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    612

    Re: Is conservatism selfishness?

    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    Fantastic results. We could look lone Somalia. Thank God for welfare programs
    So are you saying just before pre- New Deal we were the poorest country in the western hemisphere?(LOL)
    Firebrand - Agitator

    Unknown Quantity: a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

  8. #88
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    46,726
    Blog Entries
    16

    Re: Is conservatism selfishness?

    Quote Originally Posted by Obscurity View Post
    And? I stand by my post regarding your useless anecdote and ask you to use a rational argument that supports your position with regard to the matter at hand.
    So you got mad, and threw a hissy fit because someone asked me a question and I answered it. Sucks to be you.
    https://www.athletebiz.us/athletes/dana-mecke/store

    Ask me about playing Overwatch!! We have a regular group and a twitch stream.

  9. #89
    Educator
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    612

    Re: Is conservatism selfishness?

    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    Let's make this easy


    What country do you think handles welfare and social programs well?

    Not us

    We only enable them(wink)
    Firebrand - Agitator

    Unknown Quantity: a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

  10. #90
    Infidel Obscurity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: Is conservatism selfishness?

    Quote Originally Posted by Renae View Post
    So you got mad, and threw a hissy fit because someone asked me a question and I answered it. Sucks to be you.
    Wrong. I clearly explained to you why your argument is trash. It's based on an anecdote. Anecdotes are not true arguments, they are malignant appeals to emotional response from an opponent or an onlooker.

    Now, if you could, form a rational argument that answers the matter without appealing with anecdotes. Go.
    Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence. - Christopher Hitchens

    #BDS

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •