Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: I think I've figured it out.

  1. #11
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    101,069

    Re: I think I've figured it out.

    Quote Originally Posted by bongsaway View Post
    I don't hate anyone but I don't like liver or chitterlings. Thanks for giving me the hatred I didn't know I owned. It's amazing the things you say apdst. I'm sure you've notice from other posters responses to some of the things you come out with.
    I absolutely noticed that you can't produce and argument. That's obvious with most Liberal posters.
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    You people are my problem. You’re a major component of what’s wrong with this country.
    It's more important to be morally right than factually correct - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

  2. #12
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    93,223

    Re: I think I've figured it out.

    Quote Originally Posted by bongsaway View Post
    For decades I have tried to understand the conservative point of view but it escapes me. Now I'm wondering where is the conservative point of view? Has it been replaced by the party of trump? A cult of personality? Where is the GOP I knew twenty or thirty years ago?

    I'm starting to think the old movie, the invasion of the body snatchers is real and targeting the GOP. For what ultimate purpose I don't know but I know for a fact it's happening. I get my 'facts' from the same place the R's get theirs, from god, my god.

    Is it possible? The party of lincoln died long ago and the party of reagan is lost on some shining hill somewhere. Are the body snatchers here stealing the republican party?
    People who follow false gods tend to fall for the first false prophet who comes along. Pretty simple to understand, actually.
    The stupidity on the Right is legion, surpassed only by the ignorance. - Calamity 2019

  3. #13
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    93,223

    Re: I think I've figured it out.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I absolutely noticed that you can't produce and argument. That's obvious with most Liberal posters.
    Irony
    The stupidity on the Right is legion, surpassed only by the ignorance. - Calamity 2019

  4. #14
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    101,069

    Re: I think I've figured it out.

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Irony
    Are you still stuck on stupid?
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    You people are my problem. You’re a major component of what’s wrong with this country.
    It's more important to be morally right than factually correct - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

  5. #15
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Flori-duh
    Last Seen
    04-20-19 @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    2,395

    Re: I think I've figured it out.

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    I don't believe for a New York minute that you embraced the party of Lincoln or Reagan. But as for conservatives the basic values then and now are pretty much the same:

    1. The federal government should stay out of those things for which it has no constitutional authority

    2. Federal judges at all levels should understand that the Constitution gives the central government its authority, and where the law is silent so should the courts be silent.'

    3. The more the government does for the people, the less they are likely to do for themselves and they will become poorer. The less the government does for the people the more they are likely to do for themselves and they will prosper. The government should promote the general welfare, i.e. establish policy that encourages maximum liberty and prosperity and not get in the way of people doing for themselves, and the government should be otherwise concerned with the truly helpless among us.

    4. The government should never interfere with or allow interference with the right of the people to form themselves into whatever societies they wish to be.
    You don't believe I didn't support the party of lincoln or reagan? Was the clue in my first sentence? Nice words to describe what a conservative is, unfortunately they're only words. Have you noticed Neilson departed today? Yeah, she wouldn't follow trump's clearly illegal orders so she had to go. Maybe try checking out the special cnn is running on tricky dick and then tell me what conservatives believe behind closed doors and not in front of a television camera. The GOP has scammed its base for decades and somehow the base has still not caught on.
    When I stop answering you, there's a reason.......repeat, When I stop answering you, there's a reason.

  6. #16
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,564
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: I think I've figured it out.

    Quote Originally Posted by bongsaway View Post
    You don't believe I didn't support the party of lincoln or reagan? Was the clue in my first sentence? Nice words to describe what a conservative is, unfortunately they're only words. Have you noticed Neilson departed today? Yeah, she wouldn't follow trump's clearly illegal orders so she had to go. Maybe try checking out the special cnn is running on tricky dick and then tell me what conservatives believe behind closed doors and not in front of a television camera. The GOP has scammed its base for decades and somehow the base has still not caught on.
    This is so non sequitur in response to my post and goes in so many directions it is impossible to respond to it.
    --Nobody deserves to be automatically judged guilty just because somebody accuses them. The accusation itself could be the crime.
    --"I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  7. #17
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    935

    Re: I think I've figured it out.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The party of Reagan wants limited government, abolition of uneccessary regulations and low taxes.

    You always hated the party of Reagan. That's why you hate us, now.
    The Trump Republican Party has nothing to do with the Republican Party of 20 years ago.

    THIS is a Cult of Personality

  8. #18
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    101,069

    Re: I think I've figured it out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lesh View Post
    The Trump Republican Party has nothing to do with the Republican Party of 20 years ago.

    THIS is a Cult of Personality
    Keep dreaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    You people are my problem. You’re a major component of what’s wrong with this country.
    It's more important to be morally right than factually correct - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

  9. #19
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    93,223

    Re: I think I've figured it out.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Keep dreaming.
    That would be exactly what the cult needs to do.
    The stupidity on the Right is legion, surpassed only by the ignorance. - Calamity 2019

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •