Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: US Puts $ 1million Bounty on Bin Laden's Son, Hamza Bin Laden

  1. #1
    Sage
    Grokmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    8,218

    US Puts $ 1million Bounty on Bin Laden's Son, Hamza Bin Laden

    Unfinished business, as al Qaeda remains, even as its rival sunni terror group, ISIS, is destroyed....










    Born into al-Qaida: Hamza bin Laden's rise to prominence


    DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) --
    The boy is only 12 years old and looks even younger and smaller kneeling next to the wreckage of a helicopter, flanked by masked jihadis carrying Kalashnikov assault rifles with bandoliers strapped across their chests.
    Hamza bin Laden, with a traditional Arab coffee pot to his right and a rocket-propelled grenade launcher to his left leaning against the debris, made his worldwide television debut reciting a poem in a propaganda video just weeks after the Sept. 11, 2001 terror attacks planned by his father Osama.
    Years after the death of his father at the hands of a U.S. Navy SEAL raid in Pakistan, it is now Hamza bin Laden who finds himself squarely in the crosshairs of world powers. In rapid succession in recent weeks, the U.S. put a bounty of up to a $1 million for him; the U.N. Security Council named him to a global sanctions list, sparking a new Interpol notice for his arrest; and his home country of Saudi Arabia revealed it had revoked his citizenship.


    Those measures suggest that international officials believe the now 30-year-old militant is an increasingly serious threat. He is not the head of al-Qaida but he has risen in prominence within the terror network his father founded, and the group may be grooming him to stand as a leader for a young generation of militants. "Hamza was destined to be in his father's footsteps," said Ali Soufan, a former FBI agent focused on counterterrorism who investigated al-Qaida's attack on the USS Cole. "He is poised to have a senior leadership role in al-Qaida."



    Born into al-Qaida: Hamza bin Laden'''s rise to prominence
    De Oppresso Liber

  2. #2
    Sage
    chuckiechan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    California Caliphate
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,002

    Re: US Puts $ 1million Bounty on Bin Laden's Son, Hamza Bin Laden

    I like it. Get him before prick junior gets us. Again.
    New York wants to hear the baby cry when they abort it!
    Jussie Smollet: First American to scam Nigerians!
    When China controls the Panama Canal, they control half of the USA, too.
    Racism is not being able to read racist rap lyrics out loud because you are white.

  3. #3
    A sinister place...
    OrphanSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,993

    Re: US Puts $ 1million Bounty on Bin Laden's Son, Hamza Bin Laden

    al-Qaeda is still around, ISIS is *not* destroyed, the Taliban still controls portions of Afghanistan, al-Shabaab is still well in control of parts of Africa, Boko Haram is still running around causing all sorts of problems.

    In short, religious extremism is still alive and well causing loss of life.

    A bounty on Hamza bin Laden is not a surprise.
    "Every time something really bad happens, people cry out for safety, and the government answers by taking rights away from good people." - Penn Jillette.

  4. #4
    Sage
    Grokmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    8,218

    Re: US Puts $ 1million Bounty on Bin Laden's Son, Hamza Bin Laden

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckiechan View Post
    I like it. Get him before prick junior gets us. Again.
    That or capture him, and see what he knows....
    De Oppresso Liber

  5. #5
    Sage
    chuckiechan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    California Caliphate
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,002

    Re: US Puts $ 1million Bounty on Bin Laden's Son, Hamza Bin Laden

    Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    That or capture him, and see what he knows....
    Either that or return the damn library books.

    *******

    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    al-Qaeda is still around, ISIS is *not* destroyed, the Taliban still controls portions of Afghanistan, al-Shabaab is still well in control of parts of Africa, Boko Haram is still running around causing all sorts of problems.

    In short, religious extremism is still alive and well causing loss of life.

    A bounty on Hamza bin Laden is not a surprise.
    Al Qaeda is weak and marginalized, and ISIS is pretty much done. The Taliban pertty much as won Afghanistan, and the war in Africa is percolating along, but the news isn't following it much because the engagements are mostly small.

    Lastly, Bin Laden sr. had the means and the moxie to put the attack together. That alone makes Jr. dangerous. We don't know what weapons generation 2 can conjure up. Like our leaders said about 911 "It was a failure of imagination".
    Last edited by chuckiechan; 03-17-19 at 11:21 AM.
    New York wants to hear the baby cry when they abort it!
    Jussie Smollet: First American to scam Nigerians!
    When China controls the Panama Canal, they control half of the USA, too.
    Racism is not being able to read racist rap lyrics out loud because you are white.

  6. #6
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    03-21-19 @ 06:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,613

    Re: US Puts $ 1million Bounty on Bin Laden's Son, Hamza Bin Laden

    Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    Unfinished business, as al Qaeda remains, even as its rival sunni terror group, ISIS, is destroyed....










    Born into al-Qaida: Hamza bin Laden's rise to prominence


    DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) --
    The boy is only 12 years old and looks even younger and smaller kneeling next to the wreckage of a helicopter, flanked by masked jihadis carrying Kalashnikov assault rifles with bandoliers strapped across their chests.
    Hamza bin Laden, with a traditional Arab coffee pot to his right and a rocket-propelled grenade launcher to his left leaning against the debris, made his worldwide television debut reciting a poem in a propaganda video just weeks after the Sept. 11, 2001 terror attacks planned by his father Osama.
    Years after the death of his father at the hands of a U.S. Navy SEAL raid in Pakistan, it is now Hamza bin Laden who finds himself squarely in the crosshairs of world powers. In rapid succession in recent weeks, the U.S. put a bounty of up to a $1 million for him; the U.N. Security Council named him to a global sanctions list, sparking a new Interpol notice for his arrest; and his home country of Saudi Arabia revealed it had revoked his citizenship.


    Those measures suggest that international officials believe the now 30-year-old militant is an increasingly serious threat. He is not the head of al-Qaida but he has risen in prominence within the terror network his father founded, and the group may be grooming him to stand as a leader for a young generation of militants. "Hamza was destined to be in his father's footsteps," said Ali Soufan, a former FBI agent focused on counterterrorism who investigated al-Qaida's attack on the USS Cole. "He is poised to have a senior leadership role in al-Qaida."



    Born into al-Qaida: Hamza bin Laden'''s rise to prominence
    I'm not sure how much a million dollar bounty will do. It will definitely raise young Hamza's prestige among his peers and any fans he might have. I have long thought that the best way to fight Islamic extremism is through humor. For example, Osama bore a strong resemblance to a camel, yet nobody ever pointed it out. I think questions about his true parentage should have been front and center in any discussion.

  7. #7
    Sage
    Grokmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    8,218

    Re: US Puts $ 1million Bounty on Bin Laden's Son, Hamza Bin Laden

    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    al-Qaeda is still around, ISIS is *not* destroyed, the Taliban still controls portions of Afghanistan, al-Shabaab is still well in control of parts of Africa, Boko Haram is still running around causing all sorts of problems.

    In short, religious extremism is still alive and well causing loss of life.

    A bounty on Hamza bin Laden is not a surprise.

    ISIS is crushed, the caliphate is gone. Some individuals remain. And?


    And what do all the groups you named have in common?
    De Oppresso Liber

  8. #8
    A sinister place...
    OrphanSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,993

    Re: US Puts $ 1million Bounty on Bin Laden's Son, Hamza Bin Laden

    Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    ISIS is crushed, the caliphate is gone. Some individuals remain. And?


    And what do all the groups you named have in common?
    Religion.
    "Every time something really bad happens, people cry out for safety, and the government answers by taking rights away from good people." - Penn Jillette.

  9. #9
    Sage
    Grokmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    8,218

    Re: US Puts $ 1million Bounty on Bin Laden's Son, Hamza Bin Laden

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckiechan View Post
    Either that or return the damn library books.

    *******



    Al Qaeda is weak and marginalized, and ISIS is pretty much done. The Taliban pertty much as won Afghanistan, and the war in Africa is percolating along, but the news isn't following it much because the engagements are mostly small.

    Lastly, Bin Laden sr. had the means and the moxie to put the attack together. That alone makes Jr. dangerous. We don't know what weapons generation 2 can conjure up. Like our leaders said about 911 "It was a failure of imagination".
    He gives "inspiration" to our enemy...reason enough for the bounty...in addition to the excellent reasons you cited.
    De Oppresso Liber

  10. #10
    Sage
    Grokmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    8,218

    Re: US Puts $ 1million Bounty on Bin Laden's Son, Hamza Bin Laden

    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    Religion.
    Because in the 21st century, all religions are equally promoting, financing and perpetrating acts of terror?
    De Oppresso Liber

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •