Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 77

Thread: Ilhan Omar: anti-Semitic trope?

  1. #21
    Rocket Surgeon
    rjay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:00 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,650

    Re: Ilhan Omar: anti-Semitic trope?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Maybe it has to do with the fact that she supports CAIR, a terror-supporting organization who hate Jews.
    I am much older than you MYCROFT.

    I remember when the Israeli leadership was made up of "Freedom Fighters" while the Palestinians fighting for their freedom were terrorists.

    If you want to resolve the Israeli/Palestinian conflict you have to admit that there are a-holes on both sides. Also on both sides are ordinary families, trying to provide for, and raise their children. Children who are being killed.

    Isn't it possible that the Palestinian solution will not work for Israel and the Israeli solution will not work for the Palestinians?

    Perhaps discussion needs to take place, discussion without the automatic condemnation of those with a point of view that conflicts with one's own?
    Time flies like an arrow; fruitflies like a banana. - Groucho

  2. #22
    Rocket Surgeon
    rjay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:00 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,650

    Re: Ilhan Omar: anti-Semitic trope?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Reminder: the President of the United States took the side of actual Nazis after the Charlottesville protest.
    There are times when you say lots of intelligent things, in lots of posts, on lots of subjects.
    This was not one of those times.
    Time flies like an arrow; fruitflies like a banana. - Groucho

  3. #23
    Respected on both sides

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,566

    Re: Ilhan Omar: anti-Semitic trope?

    Quote Originally Posted by rjay View Post
    There are times when you say lots of intelligent things, in lots of posts, on lots of subjects.
    This was not one of those times.
    And I don't know who you are or if you've ever said an intelligent thing.

  4. #24
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    36

    Re: Ilhan Omar: anti-Semitic trope?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Maybe it has to do with the fact that she supports CAIR, a terror-supporting organization who hate Jews.
    One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. Calling CAIR a terrorist organization says absolutely nothing.

    Deal with what they propose, and not labels. If it's labels, then racist, sexist, homophobic, blah blah blah mean something, which they don't.

    Deal with facts, rather than feelings.

  5. #25
    Engineer
    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American Refugee in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,169

    Re: Ilhan Omar: anti-Semitic trope?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I think what she said -twice-wss at the very least extremely insensitive. Borderline antisemitic. I think she should resign, and I say this as a person who actually voted for her
    Of course, anyone that criticizes Israel for any reason should be forced to resign right? Why should our politicians put what's good for Israel above what's good for America?

  6. #26
    Sage
    Oborosen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Heflin, Alabama
    Last Seen
    03-18-19 @ 07:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    8,519

    Re: Ilhan Omar: anti-Semitic trope?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Reminder: the President of the United States took the side of actual Nazis after the Charlottesville protest.
    Yeah, no one's falling for this lie Cardinal. So you can just go ahead and let it go.
    “…it is easier for a 12- or 13-year-old to purchase a gun, and cheaper, than it is for them to get a book.” – Barack Obama
    Runners sent packing-
    PR:2, EF:10, Vrn:6, OL:12, CmTy:14, Sal:12, RA:18, AJ:4, RcT:7

  7. #27
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    11,217

    Re: Ilhan Omar: anti-Semitic trope?

    Quote Originally Posted by rjay View Post
    I have read the tweets

    I have watched the coverage

    Is there a disconnect here?

    I understand the media from the Right making a big deal out of this. I do not understand why main stream media or the left leaning media is jumping on the band wagon.

    If you take any of her tweets and replace Israel with some other Country, there is nothing to talk about except
    a) Good point - should we change our policy toward 'x' country?
    or
    b) Is she crazy? why would we even discuss this? The current policy is the correct one.

    Those that took into consideration that Israel is made up of majority Jewish population, are being discriminatory.

    The one thing we have learned is that many anti-Semites are pro Israel. Most christian white supremacists fit here .
    Another fact is that many Americans, who support the Jewish cause are against the current Government in Israel.


    Some Americans are really weird. They think that in order to resolve the Israeli/Palestinian dispute You have to recognize that:
    a) Both sides have good points to support their respective opinions.
    b) Both sides have done terrible things.


    The worst thing we can do is to shut down debate, by shouting 'antisemitism' at anyone who brings the topic up.
    Even if that person bringing it up, happens to be Muslim.
    No anti semites support Israel, that is simply a lie.

    And the reason opposition to Israeli policy is anti Semitic period is because anti Israel activists defame the sole Jewish state in the world while paying little attention to massive human rights abuses in the Islamic world.

    The opposition to Israel is motivated by belief the Jews don’t belong in their ancestral homeland and this is why a handful of Israeli “crimes” are Trumped up and the terrorists who hate Israel are lauded
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 03-14-19 at 01:36 AM.
    What socialized medicine REALLY means, sometimes the mask slips!
    Quote Originally Posted by Atheist 2020 View Post
    I do not see were a woman has the right to take a child to full term.
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  8. #28
    Sage
    Oborosen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Heflin, Alabama
    Last Seen
    03-18-19 @ 07:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    8,519

    Re: Ilhan Omar: anti-Semitic trope?

    Quote Originally Posted by CMPancake View Post
    I'm not the least bit surprised that the homeboi who was a birther also believes the CAIR support terrorism. I bet you believe there's a sex dungeon in the fictional basement of a pizza parlor.
    Two idiotic premises don't make a point.

    CAIR has actually had such issues in the past, as far back as 2007. So you trying to cast shade with something that isn't even related to the topic. Is pretty much par for the course in instances like this.
    “…it is easier for a 12- or 13-year-old to purchase a gun, and cheaper, than it is for them to get a book.” – Barack Obama
    Runners sent packing-
    PR:2, EF:10, Vrn:6, OL:12, CmTy:14, Sal:12, RA:18, AJ:4, RcT:7

  9. #29
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    11,217

    Re: Ilhan Omar: anti-Semitic trope?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Of course, anyone that criticizes Israel for any reason should be forced to resign right? Why should our politicians put what's good for Israel above what's good for America?
    What’s good for Israel is very good for America.

    You don’t criticize Israel, you want them wiped off the map and the area occupied by Muslims who don’t belong there
    What socialized medicine REALLY means, sometimes the mask slips!
    Quote Originally Posted by Atheist 2020 View Post
    I do not see were a woman has the right to take a child to full term.
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  10. #30
    Engineer
    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American Refugee in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,169

    Re: Ilhan Omar: anti-Semitic trope?

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    What’s good for Israel is very good for America.

    You don’t criticize Israel, you want them wiped off the map and the area occupied by Muslims who don’t belong there
    No, what's good for Israel is not always good for America, and I support a two-state solution so you're intentionally lying. Not a shred of honesty in you.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •